No announcement yet.

POLL: Who do you want for HC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn’t mind Greg Roman getting a shot.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I voted Mike McDaniel, but I don’t think it’ll happen. He’s been in the Shanahan offense since 2005. We should’ve waited for Kyle instead of rushing to sign Vance, and we wouldn’t be looking for our third coach since then.

I view McDaniel as one of the best young offensive minds in the league.
      2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

LM......I blew it. I was in such a hurry to do this poll that I merely chose one coach. In the end, when the final tally is registered, I also would have selected Pederson and Quinn. Though a few more are interesting as well. In fact, I would prefer they choose the right person, and not listen to me.

Sorry for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
          Out of this list, my #1 option would be Harbaugh. Hard to find someone better than a coach that could make a Super Bowl with Colin Kaepernick as his QB.
          I really wanted him after Fox left and again after Kubes left when there was a rumor he and Michigan were parting ways and couple of us were campaigning for that around here.

He seems pretty content there, under contract til 2025, and finished 12-2 last year. I think it would take bombs and crowbars to pry him loose at this point. But hey, several people voted for him so far, and almost anything is possible in this crazy League!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

I really wanted him after Fox left and again after Kubes left when there was a rumor he and Michigan were parting ways and couple of us were campaigning for that around here.

He seems pretty content there, under contract til 2025, and finished 12-2 last year. I think it would take bombs and crowbars to pry him loose at this point. But hey, several people voted for him so far, and almost anything is possible in this crazy League!
            If I’m not mistaken, Jim Harbaugh has stated that he will listen to offers from NFL teams this offseason.

That being said, I don’t want any Harbaugh near my Broncos.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Mosk View Post
              I voted Mike McDaniel, but I don’t think it’ll happen. He’s been in the Shanahan offense since 2005. We should’ve waited for Kyle instead of rushing to sign Vance, and we wouldn’t be looking for our third coach since then.

I view McDaniel as one of the best young offensive minds in the league.
              Have you researched Brian Callahan's resume?

It's better than what McVay's was prior to the Rams HC gig. Plus, he's familiar with the Bronco organization and facilities. He served in a lot of roles with the Broncos.

Playing and coaching experience: 2002-05—Played quarterback at UCLA. 2006-07—Graduate assistant coach, UCLA. 2010—Coaching assistant, Denver Broncos. 2011-15—Assistant coach (AC), Denver Broncos. 2016-17—AC, Detroit Lions. 2018—AC, Oakland Raiders. 2019-present—Offensive coordinator, Cincinnati Bengals.

**The son of former Raiders head coach (2002-03) Bill Callahan attended high school in California in the Bay Area. He was a two-year letter-winner at QB at De La Salle High School in Concord, Calif., where he was a part of the school's national-record 151-game winning streak and led the team to a No. 1 national ranking. Callahan and his wife, Allyson, have a son, Ronan, and daughter, Norah.

Denver Broncos
              Brian Callahan began his NFL coaching career with the Denver Broncos in 2010 as a Coaching Assistant. He held various positions with the team through the 2015 NFL season.

Callahan served as a coaching assistant with the Broncos in 2010, his first season as an NFL coach, but he was thrust into a more extensive role with the team's running backs after mid-season coaching staff changes.

Callahan entered the NFL as a coach with the Denver Broncos, spending six years with the club in a multitude of offensive roles. He entered in 2010 as a coaching assistant, then moved to offensive quality control from '11-12, offensive assistant from '13-14, and offensive assistant/quarterbacks coach in '15.

During his run with the Broncos, Callahan helped mold one of the NFL's most potent offenses, which led the Broncos to five consecutive AFC West titles from 2011-15, including a Super Bowl 50 victory in 2015.

Callahan also helped the Broncos' offense to four consecutive seasons (2012-15) of 4000 passing yards. Denver's QB during Callahan's tenure was future Hall-of-Famer Peyton Manning, who during his time as a Bronco won the NFL MVP award (2013), two AFC titles ('13 and '15) and a Super Bowl title ('15). Callahan in 2013 helped the Broncos' offense to one of the top offensive seasons in league history, including an NFL-record 55 TD passes from Manning, an NFL-record 606 points, and league-best 457.3 yards per game (second-most in NFL history).

Detroit Lions
              Callahan was hired by the Detroit Lions as Quarterbacks coach in February 2016.

Callahan was quarterbacks coach with the Detroit Lions from 2016-17. Over the course of his two years in Detroit, Lions QB Matthew Stafford ranked in the top-10 among NFL passers in TD passes (53), passing yards (8773), completions (759) and completion percentage (65.5).

In 2017, Stafford ranked third in the NFL in passing yards (4446) and fourth in passing TDs (29), while throwing a career-low 10 INTs. In 2016, Callahan's first in Detroit, he helped Stafford to an NFL-best eight fourth-quarter game-winning drives, the most by a signal caller in a single season since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger.

Oakland Raiders
              Callahan was hired by the Oakland Raiders as quarterbacks coach in January 2018.
              ​​​​​
              Callahan was quarterbacks coach for the Oakland Raiders in 2018. In Oakland, he helped QB Derek Carr to a career-high 4049 passing yards, a 93.9 passer rating, and an AFC-best 68.9 completion percentage.

Cincinnati Bengals
              Callahan was hired as the Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator on February 7, 2019.

In 2020, Callahan helped transition rookie QB Joe Burrow, the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, to the pro level despite the absence of an in-person offseason program due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Callahan helped Burrow to one of the most productive starts to a career by a QB in NFL history, before a knee injury ended the rookie's season after 10 games. Still, Burrow's 264 completions were the most ever by an NFL QB through their first 10 career games, while his 404 pass attempts were second and his 2688 passing yards were fifth.

Not to mention...The Bengals are in the playoffs this year.
              Last edited by BroncoBreeder; 01-13-2022, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                LM......I blew it. I was in such a hurry to do this poll that I merely chose one coach. In the end, when the final tally is registered, I also would have selected Pederson and Quinn. Though a few more are interesting as well. In fact, I would prefer they choose the right person, and not listen to me.

Sorry for that.
                It's not a big deal, these things are just for fun. In hindsight, I'd probably cast a vote for Pederson too.

It would be nice if we could edit our vote within a certain duration, maybe if it's within the same date (a reasonable limit just in case the expiration is the next day).

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

It's better than what McVay's was prior to the Rams HC gig. Plus, he's familiar with the Bronco organization and facilities. He served in a lot of roles with the Broncos.

Playing and coaching experience: 2002-05—Played quarterback at UCLA. 2006-07—Graduate assistant coach, UCLA. 2010—Coaching assistant, Denver Broncos. 2011-15—Assistant coach (AC), Denver Broncos. 2016-17—AC, Detroit Lions. 2018—AC, Oakland Raiders. 2019-present—Offensive coordinator, Cincinnati Bengals.

**The son of former Raiders head coach (2002-03) Bill Callahan attended high school in California in the Bay Area. He was a two-year letter-winner at QB at De La Salle High School in Concord, Calif., where he was a part of the school's national-record 151-game winning streak and led the team to a No. 1 national ranking. Callahan and his wife, Allyson, have a son, Ronan, and daughter, Norah.

Denver Broncos
                  Brian Callahan began his NFL coaching career with the Denver Broncos in 2010 as a Coaching Assistant. He held various positions with the team through the 2015 NFL season.

Callahan served as a coaching assistant with the Broncos in 2010, his first season as an NFL coach, but he was thrust into a more extensive role with the team's running backs after mid-season coaching staff changes.

Callahan entered the NFL as a coach with the Denver Broncos, spending six years with the club in a multitude of offensive roles. He entered in 2010 as a coaching assistant, then moved to offensive quality control from '11-12, offensive assistant from '13-14, and offensive assistant/quarterbacks coach in '15.

During his run with the Broncos, Callahan helped mold one of the NFL's most potent offenses, which led the Broncos to five consecutive AFC West titles from 2011-15, including a Super Bowl 50 victory in 2015.

Callahan also helped the Broncos' offense to four consecutive seasons (2012-15) of 4000 passing yards. Denver's QB during Callahan's tenure was future Hall-of-Famer Peyton Manning, who during his time as a Bronco won the NFL MVP award (2013), two AFC titles ('13 and '15) and a Super Bowl title ('15). Callahan in 2013 helped the Broncos' offense to one of the top offensive seasons in league history, including an NFL-record 55 TD passes from Manning, an NFL-record 606 points, and league-best 457.3 yards per game (second-most in NFL history).

Detroit Lions
                  Callahan was hired by the Detroit Lions as Quarterbacks coach in February 2016.[2]

Callahan was quarterbacks coach with the Detroit Lions from 2016-17. Over the course of his two years in Detroit, Lions QB Matthew Stafford ranked in the top-10 among NFL passers in TD passes (53), passing yards (8773), completions (759) and completion percentage (65.5).

In 2017, Stafford ranked third in the NFL in passing yards (4446) and fourth in passing TDs (29), while throwing a career-low 10 INTs. In 2016, Callahan's first in Detroit, he helped Stafford to an NFL-best eight fourth-quarter game-winning drives, the most by a signal caller in a single season since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger.

Oakland Raiders
                  Callahan was hired by the Oakland Raiders as quarterbacks coach in January 2018.
                  ​​​​​
                  Callahan was quarterbacks coach for the Oakland Raiders in 2018. In Oakland, he helped QB Derek Carr to a career-high 4049 passing yards, a 93.9 passer rating, and an AFC-best 68.9 completion percentage.

Cincinnati Bengals
                  Callahan was hired as the Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator on February 7, 2019.

In 2020, Callahan helped transition rookie QB Joe Burrow, the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, to the pro level despite the absence of an in-person offseason program due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Callahan helped Burrow to one of the most productive starts to a career by a QB in NFL history, before a knee injury ended the rookie's season after 10 games. Still, Burrow's 264 completions were the most ever by an NFL QB through their first 10 career games, while his 404 pass attempts were second and his 2688 passing yards were fifth.

I chose Callahan not knowing any of this .....guess I made a pretty good "gut feeling" choice. I think there is a good argument for Pederson. I hope Paton makes the correct choice, whoever that may be.

Comment

I don't understand the love for Bienemy at HC

He was OC At Colorado and they were 109th out of 120 in scoring with 19.8 pts a game.

In Kanas City he was promoted from running backs coach to OC and like Adam Gase is getting credit for Mahomes.
                    Is he the one that saw Mahomes talent and drafted him? If not he is part of a great offensive team not the mastermind. I dont see how that translates.

I believe be should have taken the Colorado HC job he turned down and if he had success their then he would be deserving. We hired Josh McDaniels ,Vance Joseph and Fangio first time head coaches that were clueless about how to create a culture and lead an entire team not jut one side of the ball. Hope we pass on Bienemy, he needs to get from under Reid / Mahomes shadow.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      I don't understand the love for Bienemy at HC

He was OC At Colorado and they were 109th out of 120 in scoring with 19.8 pts a game.

In Kanas City he was promoted from running backs coach to OC and like Adam Gase is getting credit for Mahomes.
                      Is he the one that saw Mahomes talent and drafted him? If not he is part of a great offensive team not the mastermind. I dont see how that translates.

I believe be should have taken the Colorado HC job he turned down and if he had success their then he would be deserving. We hired Josh McDaniels ,Vance Joseph and Fangio first time head coaches that were clueless about how to create a culture and lead an entire team not jut one side of the ball. Hope we pass on Bienemy, he needs to get from under Reid / Mahomes shadow.
                      And he doesn't even call the plays in KC.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

If I’m not mistaken, Jim Harbaugh has stated that he will listen to offers from NFL teams this offseason.

That being said, I don’t want any Harbaugh near my Broncos.
                        I haven't seen him say anything to that effect —link? When asked about the rumors (that he was calling up potential assistants to assemble a pro staff) his reply was "It's a little more enjoyable this year compared to the rumors last year." That doesn't mean anything at this point. Something to this effect happened years ago right after Kubes left us, so I'm leery of buying into it again. Rapoport thinks he's just trying to get a pay raise from Michigan. Of course as I said, I think anything is possible.

Comment

And he doesn't even call the plays in KC.
                          Can you blame them? Look at what his offense produced at Colorado! 109th out of 120
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

I chose Callahan not knowing any of this .....guess I made a pretty good "gut feeling" choice. I think there is a good argument for Pederson. I hope Paton makes the correct choice, whoever that may be.
                            I did the same lol.

Comment

Denver Broncos

Detroit Lions
                              Callahan was hired by the Detroit Lions as Quarterbacks coach in February 2016.

Oakland Raiders
                              ​​​​​

Cincinnati Bengals

I like Cally and I wouldn’t mind if that’s the direction we went in, but I prefer McDaniel. I think McDaniel is next up from that coaching tree.
                              2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                                Can you blame them? Look at what his offense produced at Colorado! 109th out of 120
                                Well, I think it's more a matter of Reid wanting to call the plays from his own playbook —most of the time. Reportedly, Eric calls them sometimes and there is some collaboration. But after reviewing the off field issues in detail, and the fact that he's truly a miniscule part of KC's success (they'll be fine if he leaves, IMO), I'd pass on this guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X