POLL: Who do you want for HC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

It's not a big deal, these things are just for fun. In hindsight, I'd probably cast a vote for Pederson too.

It would be nice if we could edit our vote within a certain duration, maybe if it's within the same date (a reasonable limit just in case the expiration is the next day).
    No worries about my choices. I saw your name, looked at all the choices, cast my vote, and then realized what I did. I was too late "by that much". Doesn't alter anything but I figured it might be a tiny bit relevant when the poll ends.

Tiny

Comment

I haven't seen him say anything to that effect —link? When asked about the rumors (that he was calling up potential assistants to assemble a pro staff) his reply was "It's a little more enjoyable this year compared to the rumors last year." That doesn't mean anything at this point. Something to this effect happened years ago right after Kubes left us, so I'm leery of buying into it again. Rapoport thinks he's just trying to get a pay raise from Michigan. Of course as I said, I think anything is possible.
      https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/be...ortunities?amp

He apparently told a recruit that he will entertain nfl opportunities.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/be...ortunities?amp

He apparently told a recruit that he will entertain nfl opportunities.
        “He said that he’ll entertain [it],” Larry Clemons, the father of Darrius Clemons, told 247Sports. “He was up front with us about that. I had Coach Harbaugh speak to my pastor. They had a good conversation. Our pastor asked him about that, and that’s just that’s the [reply] that he gave him.”

Thanks. Well if he's fibbing here in a tactic to get more dough out of Michigan and using a man of the cloth to that end, then he's in dutch with the Lord!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Here's a larger sample set of Broncos Country at Mile High Report:

Who should the Broncos hire as head coach?
          • 0% Jonathan Gannon - Eagles DC (13 votes)
          • 0% Scott Turner - WFT OC (15 votes)
          • 10% Dan Quinn - Cowboys DC (402 votes)
          • 1% Jason Garrett - Former coach (51 votes)
          • 1% Leslie Frazier - Bills DC (32 votes)
          • 1% Darrell Bevell - Jaguars OC and interim HC (47 votes)
          • 15% Doug Pederson - Former coach (608 votes)
          • 19% Nathaniel Hackett - Packers OC (764 votes)
          • 19% Kellen Moore - Cowboys OC (771 votes)
          • 3% Todd Bowles - Bucs DC (137 votes)
          • 11% Brian Daboll - Bills OC (445 votes)
          • 6% Byron Leftwich - Bucs OC (241 votes)
          • 14% Other (please comment) (555 votes)
          4081 votes total

They are also doing individual profiles of candidates including interviews with writers of the other teams' blogs at SBNATION and there's yes/no polls on each page. Some candidates have multiple articles with separate polls in each one and separate results so it's kind of chaotic. But here's a few of those (linked back to those pages if anyone here wants to read or vote):

Do you want the Broncos to hire Jerod Mayo as their Head Coach?
          • 23% Yes (250 votes)
          • 77% No (842 votes)
          1092 votes total

Do you want Nathaniel Hackett to be the Broncos Head Coach?
          • 90% Yes (1263 votes)
          • 10% No (147 votes)
          1410 votes total

Do you want the Broncos to hire Eric Bieniemy to be their Head Coach?
          • 52% Yes (1266 votes)
          • 48% No (1156 votes)
          2422 votes total

Do you want the Broncos to hire Dan Quinn to be their next Head Coach?
          • 49% Yes (1001 votes)
          • 51% No (1031 votes)
          2032 votes total

Do you want the Broncos to hire Kellen Moore to be their Head Coach?
          • 57% Yes (1364 votes)
          • 43% No (1049 votes)
          2413 votes total

Would you like it if the Broncos hired Brian Callahan as their next head coach?
          • 56% Yes (658 votes)
          • 44% No (509 votes)
          1167 votes total

Comment

Well, I think it's more a matter of Reid wanting to call the plays from his own playbook —most of the time. Reportedly, Eric calls them sometimes and there is some collaboration. But after reviewing the off field issues in detail, and the fact that he's truly a miniscule part of KC's success (they'll be fine if he leaves, IMO), I'd pass on this guy.
            I think you can make the case that the same applies to Hackett, he doesn't call the plays in GB either and GB would be just fine if he left Yet he's one of the top candidates this year.

Like Bienemy, Hackett has also been uplifted by an elite QB - Rodgers. Outside of KC (and Hackett in GB) their resumes are less than impressive. I've heard glowing reports from each of their QBs about how much they like working with them. Hackett and Bienemy are very similar candidates in my mind.

If you question how much success Bienemy contributes to KC and are worried about him not calling plays, those same things should worry you about Hackett.

Comment

“He said that he’ll entertain [it],” Larry Clemons, the father of Darrius Clemons, told 247Sports. “He was up front with us about that. I had Coach Harbaugh speak to my pastor. They had a good conversation. Our pastor asked him about that, and that’s just that’s the [reply] that he gave him.”

Thanks. Well if he's fibbing here in a tactic to get more dough out of Michigan and using a man of the cloth to that end, then he's in dutch with the Lord!
              Sounds like an incredibly stupid comment to make while recruiting.

Recruiting top tier candidates is ultra competitive, why would he say that to a recruit and family he is trying to convince to commit to his school?

I’m skeptical. Either out of context, misunderstood, or downright stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

I think you can make the case that the same applies to Hackett, he doesn't call the plays in GB either and GB would be just fine if he left Yet he's one of the top candidates this year.

Like Bienemy, Hackett has also been uplifted by an elite QB - Rodgers. Outside of KC (and Hackett in GB) their resumes are less than impressive. I've heard glowing reports from each of their QBs about how much they like working with them. Hackett and Bienemy are very similar candidates in my mind.

If you question how much success Bienemy contributes to KC and are worried about him not calling plays, those same things should worry you about Hackett.
                Exactly.....I have been trying to point that out since Sunday.

Comment

For one thing, Hackett doesn't have a rap sheet. For another he has OC experience with two other teams. Read this about what he's accomplished elsewhere:
                  https://www.milehighreport.com/2022/...haniel-hackett

I like what I've read about him versus what I've read about Bieniemy. I think he may have many of the qualities they are looking for, but we'll see what they think.

He's not my first choice, but I won't be upset or worried if Paton chooses him.

Comment

True enough, but, Bieniemy comes with baggage and has been in the head coach interview cycle before. People have griped about him not getting a job but maybe there’s a reason.

I don’t think the Broncos can afford to hire a guy who might not even be Vic 2.0. We learned why it took Fangio 40 years to get a head coaching job. At least Fangio had a top ten defense. Without a hall of fame caliber quarterback, Bieniemy isn’t going to bring a top 25 offense with him let alone a top 5 offense.

I don’t think we can expect Bieniemy to be a quarterback guru that’s going to unlock the code that gets Drew Lock to play at a high level. None of the quarterbacks coming out are overly exciting. There’s no guarantee that any of the previously disgruntled quarterbacks will end up in Denver.

I think it would be wise for the Broncos to stay away from Bieniemy.
                    Last edited by broncolee; 01-13-2022, 01:19 PM.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Sounds like an incredibly stupid comment to make while recruiting.

Recruiting top tier candidates is ultra competitive, why would he say that to a recruit and family he is trying to convince to commit to his school?

I’m skeptical. Either out of context, misunderstood, or downright stupid.
                      Well, the recruit mentioned in the article still committed to Michigan.
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

For one thing, Hackett doesn't have a rap sheet. For another he has OC experience with two other teams. Read this about what he's accomplished elsewhere:
                        https://www.milehighreport.com/2022/...haniel-hackett

I like what I've read about him versus what I've read about Bieniemy. I think he may have many of the qualities they are looking for, but we'll see what they think.

He's not my first choice, but I won't be upset or worried if Paton chooses him.

You're absolutely right about Beiniemy's past - he's got skeletons in the closet that Hackett doesn't have.

If you want to talk about Hackett's OC resume prior to GB, it reminds me a lot of Pat Shurmur. He had one good year in 2017 JAX, but other than that it isnt pretty. Middling and bottom NFL offenses is what I'm seeing on Hackett's resume outside of GB.

However, it does include that top 5 year in 2017 JAX, got to give him props for that. I do view him as a slightly better candidate than Beiniemy, but they're both still 2nd tier options in my opinion.

Comment

Now, the Texans are looking for a HC.

Comment

Well, the recruit mentioned in the article still committed to Michigan.
                            Fair enough. Must not have mattered to the recruit if coach stayed or not.

Or with the transfer portal rules as they are, the commitment to a school doesn’t matter anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
                              Now, the Texans are looking for a HC.
                              I bet buy the time the season is over lol half of the entire teams in the NFL will be looking for a Head Coach lol .

Comment

True enough, but, Bieniemy comes with baggage and has been in head coach interview cycle before. People have griped about him not getting a job but maybe there’s a reason.

I don’t think the Broncos can afford to hire a guy who might not even be Vic 2.0. We learned why it took Fangio 40 years to get a head coaching job. At least Fangio had a top ten defense. Without a hall of fame caliber quarterback, Bieniemy isn’t going to bring a top 25 offense with him let alone a top 5 offense.

I don’t think we can expect Bieniemy to be a quarterback guru that’s going to unlock the code that get Drew Lock to play at a high level. None of the quarterbacks coming out are overly exciting. There’s no guarantee that any of the previously disgruntled quarterbacks will end up in Denver.

I think it would be wise for the Broncos to stay away from Bieniemy.
                                I really agree with a lot of what you said here.

Unfortunately for Hackett I think many of the same things can be said about him. Is he bringing the great GB offense with him sans Rodgers, or is he going to revert back to who he's been his entire career outside of GB? Like I said in another post, his resume is very comparable to Pat Shurmur's as an OC. Rodgers makes every coach he works with look good. I'd bet if Shurmur was a non-playcalling OC in GB or KC he'd be getting the same results Hackett/Bieniemy are this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X