POLL: Who do you want for HC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I bet buy the time the season is over lol half of the entire teams in the NFL will be looking for a Head Coach lol .
    Watch....Most of these fired coaches will be hired as coordinators this coming year and if they do good, they will be on everyone's hot list in two years.

Typical NFL cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      None of the quarterbacks coming out are overly exciting.
      Kenney Pickett, Matt Corral, or Malik Willis. I would be happy with any of those guys at #9.
      Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Kenney Pickett, Matt Corral, or Malik Willis. I would be happy with any of those guys at #9.
        I would be okay with any of them as well, but I wouldn’t be doing a happy dance for them though.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I would be okay with any of them as well, but I wouldn’t be doing a happy dance for them though.
          Malik Willis almost reminds me of a thicker Michael Vick. Michael Thick. I say almost because I think Willis has a quicker mind. He moves with suddenness, he's very fluid, his body is very much in tune with his mind. Corral is kind of like that too. When you watch them they seem to be playing at a different level than the guys around them. It's hard to explain, but it's like when you play a video game and the character you play stands out from the NPC's. That's (part of) what you want to see in a college player going into the draft.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

I really agree with a lot of what you said here.

Unfortunately for Hackett I think many of the same things can be said about him. Is he bringing the great GB offense with him sans Rodgers, or is he going to revert back to who he's been his entire career outside of GB? Like I said in another post, his resume is very comparable to Pat Shurmur's as an OC. Rodgers makes every coach he works with look good. I'd bet if Shurmur was a non-playcalling OC in GB or KC he'd be getting the same results Hackett/Bieniemy are this year.
            Well, it's not a given that an offensive-minded head coach must or will call the plays. He can hire a great OC and let him run with it. What I like is that he's a had a variety of positions including "offensive quality control" or multi jobs like "Passing game coordinator/Quarterbacks/tight ends coach". HC has to juggle a lot of responsibilities.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
              Now, the Texans are looking for a HC.
              Don’t be surprised if Flores is the next HC of the Texans. Listening to the radio today and it was implied that the Texans fired Their HC having got wind someone they want was interested in the job. The thinking is Flores would bring Watson back into the fold. Removing Watson from the trade market. Watson wanted to go to Miami and Flores pushed hard for Watson.

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Well, it's not a given that an offensive-minded head coach must or will call the plays. He can hire a great OC and let him run with it. What I like is that he's a had a variety of positions including "offensive quality control" or multi jobs like "Passing game coordinator/Quarterbacks/tight ends coach". HC has to juggle a lot of responsibilities.
                Good point - Hackett isnt calling the plays now and he may not call them as HC. I'd be interested to hear what Hackett actually does in GB. Same with Bieniemy in KC. Are they coming up with the game plans, or are they more just assisting LaFleur and Reid? I'm thinking the play caller would be more involved with game planning, but I'm not sure.

I saw the exact same thing here with Donatell and Fangio. What was Donatell actually doing and why wasn't he trusted to call the defense on gameday?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

Good point - Hackett isnt calling the plays now and he may not call them as HC. I'd be interested to hear what Hackett actually does in GB. Same with Bieniemy in KC. Are they coming up with the game plans, or are they more just assisting LaFleur and Reid? I'm thinking the play caller would be more involved with game planning, but I'm not sure.

I saw the exact same thing here with Donatell and Fangio. What was Donatell actually doing and why wasn't he trusted to call the defense on gameday?
                  As far as Bieniemy goes, this is what I read a couple of days ago:

"Kansas City's play-calling duties fall to head coach Andy Reid, although time and again he's given lots of credit for the explosive Chiefs offense to Bieniemy. Reid and Bieniemy have also both pointed out that it's not a one-man show for Kansas City's play-calling but rather a collaborative operation."

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...m10k3v2f2kjto1

While Bieniemy is clearly a qualified candidate to be a NFL head coach based on his track record and being a disciple of Andy Reid (who has a proven track record of developing successful coaches), a knock against his chances to become a head coach is his lack of calling plays, or so it seems.

Bieniemy clearly has demonstrated play-calling abilities throughout the past two seasons in Kansas City, even though Reid is the primary play caller. Whether Bieniemy's involvement in calling plays is unclear, he downplayed the entire situation.

"We have an operation in how we do things and we have a communications system," Bieniemy said, via Herbie Teope of The Kansas City Star. "I mean, coaches communicate with me, I'm communicating to the quarterback. To be honest with you, I think people are making something out of nothing."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...est-scenarios/

So sometimes he calls them or gives input, but he's mostly relaying communication.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I would like to get Dan Quinn. I see us almost as in the same spot we were in 2011. Back then, I said we needed an experienced and solid coach to discipline and organize this team. That is exactly what we need right now. We need to get back on track and to winning. So Dan Quinn can help us. We don't need an offensive guru or a defensive mastermind. A coach is the guy that will have to lead this team.

This is why I don't get people who want Kellen Moore. He might look flashy and rad (even though his supposed offensive mind was destroyed and severly put to the test by the Broncos), but where are his leadership qualities.

A coach doesn't have to have been a good coordinator, he has to be a good motivator, listener, someone who will set the values and the objectives for this team and hold everyonme accountable. It's like in any workplace, you need good leaders : honest, true people who can inspire others to be better. Kellen Moore doesn't fit that, not yet at least.
                    Last edited by aditheman; 01-13-2022, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

As far as Bieniemy goes, this is what I read a couple of days ago:

"Kansas City's play-calling duties fall to head coach Andy Reid, although time and again he's given lots of credit for the explosive Chiefs offense to Bieniemy. Reid and Bieniemy have also both pointed out that it's not a one-man show for Kansas City's play-calling but rather a collaborative operation."

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...m10k3v2f2kjto1

While Bieniemy is clearly a qualified candidate to be a NFL head coach based on his track record and being a disciple of Andy Reid (who has a proven track record of developing successful coaches), a knock against his chances to become a head coach is his lack of calling plays, or so it seems.

Bieniemy clearly has demonstrated play-calling abilities throughout the past two seasons in Kansas City, even though Reid is the primary play caller. Whether Bieniemy's involvement in calling plays is unclear, he downplayed the entire situation.

"We have an operation in how we do things and we have a communications system," Bieniemy said, via Herbie Teope of The Kansas City Star. "I mean, coaches communicate with me, I'm communicating to the quarterback. To be honest with you, I think people are making something out of nothing."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...est-scenarios/

So sometimes he calls them or gives input, but he's mostly relaying communication.
                      I'm sorry but on the internet you can find something that can agree with almost any point trying to me made. I highly doubt the last 4 years he has had the title of O.C. and all he does every game is walk up and down the sideline holding that big ass play sheet just for the heck of it and just to collect a pay check. Imo does Andy Reid make suggestions yes, does Andy tell him what kinda plays would possibly work for 3rd and 15 yes. But that's no different if a head coach was a def coordinator walks to his o.c. and say "hey on this series I want 3 str8 runs" that o.c. will do as he's told. But to all believe that Eric does call plays I ask of to was a "full" k.c., not highlights and tell me what you see.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by aditheman View Post
                        I would like to get Dan Quinn. I see us almost as in the same spot we were in 2011. Back then, I said we needed an experienced and solid coach to discipline and organize this team. That is exactly what we need right now. We need to get back on track and to winning. So Dan Quinn can help us. We don't need an offensive guru or a defensive mastermind. A coach is the guy that will have to lead this team.

This is why I don't get people who want Kellen Moore. He might look flashy and rad (even though his supposed offensive mind was destroyed and severly put to the test by the Broncos), but where are his leadership qualities.

A coach doesn't have to have been a good coordinator, he has to be a good motivator, listener, someone who will set the values and the objectives for this team and hold everyonme accountable. It's like in any workplace, you need good leaders : honest, true people who can inspire others to be better. Kellen Moore doesn't fit that, not yet at least.
                        I see it like it’s the year we cleaned house and fired Fox. We brought in a OC by the name Gary Kubiak and went on to win a SB. Dan Quinn couldn’t do anything without Kyle Shanahan. Hard pass on Quinn.

Comment

Quinn is Kinda like a John Fox hire. But I think Quinn has possibly had more success with his "legion of Boom" defense????

Comment

I don’t have any one guy who I’m bent on. May the best man get the job and start moving this organization in the right direction.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              Quinn is Kinda like a John Fox hire. But I think Quinn has possibly had more success with his "legion of Boom" defense????
                              That's how I'm viewing this possibility as well.

Not sure Dan Quinn could bring us a Superbowl or not... but I think when we brought Fox in, he was the right guy to turn the team around from its losing ways, and then we needed the right guy to get us over that final hump.

We may need a John Fox again before we get our next Kubiak.

I mean... I'd be happier just winning the next 5 Superbowls... but you know.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                                I don’t have any one guy who I’m bent on. May the best man get the job and start moving this organization in the right direction.
                                Agreed, everybody has their pros and cons. There are things to like about all these candidates, and there are also negatives on all of them.

I do think Paton will be an easy guy to work with for any coach we bring in. They will come up with a philosophy together and go from there. I do believe we've got the right person in the GM spot. I trust Paton to make the right decision, and I'm looking forward to who it will be!

Comment

Working...
                                X