POLL: Who do you want for HC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

Agreed, everybody has their pros and cons. There are things to like about all these candidates, and there are also negatives on all of them.

I do think Paton will be an easy guy to work with for any coach we bring in. They will come up with a philosophy together and go from there. I do believe we've got the right person in the GM spot. I trust Paton to make the right decision, and I'm looking forward to who it will be!
    I have guys that I'd like to avoid and guys I was hoping to interview...

But I have a lot of faith in Paton. I have loved just about everything he's done thus far.... so it's hard not to.

In Paton we trust. I'll easily get behind whatever decision he makes.

Though if he brought in Zimmer and Cousins I'd start to get concerned.

I wouldn't necessarily be against Zimmer... a lot of guys get it right on their second run as a HC, not their first. If we don't keep Donatell, I'd definitely be ok with Zimmer for DC.

Heck, it's even hard to argue against Cousins as an upgrade if they don't like any of the QBs in this draft and want to wait a year...

But if he brings in either it's probably a bad look... looks too much like 'soft nepotism' which he's already gotten dinged for.... if he brings in both, it's a very bad look.

Not that I find either likely... but those are the moves that would start to make me concerned.

Anything else for the most part, gonna trust in the guy until he gives me reason not to.

It would be so cool to sit in on the coaching interviews, just to see the process and how it goes...

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

Agreed, everybody has their pros and cons. There are things to like about all these candidates, and there are also negatives on all of them.

I do think Paton will be an easy guy to work with for any coach we bring in. They will come up with a philosophy together and go from there. I do believe we've got the right person in the GM spot. I trust Paton to make the right decision, and I'm looking forward to who it will be!
      I’m right with you on all of this. I like what I see out of Paton this far, but this offseason is crucial. We’ll see what he ends up doing.

There are many scenarios I’d be ok with. There are a few I wouldn’t be ok with.

As long as the organization seems to be moving in the right direction, I’ll be very receptive.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I'm sorry but on the internet you can find something that can agree with almost any point trying to me made. I highly doubt the last 4 years he has had the title of O.C. and all he does every game is walk up and down the sideline holding that big ass play sheet just for the heck of it and just to collect a pay check. Imo does Andy Reid make suggestions yes, does Andy tell him what kinda plays would possibly work for 3rd and 15 yes. But that's no different if a head coach was a def coordinator walks to his o.c. and say "hey on this series I want 3 str8 runs" that o.c. will do as he's told. But to all believe that Eric does call plays I ask of to was a "full" k.c., not highlights and tell me what you see.
        You're entitled to your opinion of course, but Bieniemy calls plays only sometimes, and he relays plays and other communication as an intermediary. It's Reid's playbook and he has always called plays going back to his days in Philadelphia. These are facts from interviews and observations. If you have a credible source stating otherwise, let's have a link to it, please.

In my opinion, Reid and Mahomes have the lionshare of credit for KC's offensive success. If either Reid or Mahomes left the team, I believe that offensive rankings would drop, more significantly if Mahomes' talent was the one missing from it. If Bieniemy leaves KC, I don't expect any significant drop-off to occur, do you? He's not recognized as some indispensable genius that makes it all go. If, in reality, he was, I think he'd already have a HC job, even with his rapsheet.
        Last edited by L.M.; 01-14-2022, 09:10 AM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

That's how I'm viewing this possibility as well.

Not sure Dan Quinn could bring us a Superbowl or not... but I think when we brought Fox in, he was the right guy to turn the team around from its losing ways, and then we needed the right guy to get us over that final hump.

We may need a John Fox again before we get our next Kubiak.

I mean... I'd be happier just winning the next 5 Superbowls... but you know.
          We will see what happens, he would probably be a good head coach. It all depends on the coordinators he hires.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

We will see what happens, he would probably be a good head coach. It all depends on the coordinators he hires.
            Exactly. It was DC Wade Phillips running an elite defense that got us over the hump. If Quinn is hired he will need to find a superb offensive coordinator and Paton will have to find a good QB to fix this offense so that the team is competitive again.
            Last edited by L.M.; 01-14-2022, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

I’m right with you on all of this. I like what I see out of Paton this far, but this offseason is crucial. We’ll see what he ends up doing.

There are many scenarios I’d be ok with. There are a few I wouldn’t be ok with.

As long as the organization seems to be moving in the right direction, I’ll be very receptive.
              HC and QB are the two most vital positions of the team and the hardest to fill with quality men so this is Paton's real test.

Comment

Here's the latest MHR poll including only the candidates on Paton's list:

Who do you want the Broncos to hire as head coach?
                • 11% Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy (486 votes)
                • 17% Cowboys DC Dan Quinn (750 votes)
                • 48% Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett (2056 votes)
                • 0% Eagles DC Jonathon Gannon (7 votes)
                • 2% Pats iLB coach Jerod Mayo (92 votes)
                • 13% Cowboys OC Kellen Moore (577 votes)
                • 5% Rams OC Kevin O’Connell (216 votes)
                • 1% Lions DC Aaron Glenn (31 votes)
                • 1% Packers QB coach Luke Getsy (49 votes)
                • 1% Bengals OC Brian Callahan (50 votes)
                4314 votes total

from Who do you want the Broncos to hire as their next head coach?
                Jeff, Joe, and A.J. weigh in on this week’s episode of Cover 2 Broncos
                Last edited by L.M.; 01-14-2022, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but Bieniemy calls plays only sometimes, and he relays plays and other communication as an intermediary. It's Reid's playbook and he has always called plays going back to his days in Philadelphia. These are facts from interviews and observations. If you have a credible source stating otherwise, let's have a link to it, please.

In my opinion, Reid and Mahomes have the lionshare of credit for KC's offensive success. If either Reid or Mahomes left the team, I believe that offensive rankings would drop, more significantly if Mahomes' talent was the one missing from it. If Bieniemy leaves KC, I don't expect any significant drop-off to occur, do you? He's not recognized as some indispensable genius that makes it all go. If, in reality, he was, I think he'd already have a HC job, even with his rapsheet.
                  Sure like that is the only reason he doesn't have a a job. There is 32 team and only one black coach in the nfl....but ok you think what you want.

I have watch many games when any Reid mouth did not move a bit and Eric mouth was throughout the game....but maybe Andy has mind control too and zapped the play into Eric's head..

We all know it's Andy's offense that is 100% true.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Sure like that is the only reason he doesn't have a a job. There is 32 team and only one black coach in the nfl....but ok you think what you want.

I have watch many games when any Reid mouth did not move a bit and Eric mouth was throughout the game....but maybe Andy has mind control too and zapped the play into Eric's head..

Ears'......you really crack me up sometimes This is good. still chuckling.....

Comment

I'm glad Hackett is at the top of that list ^. People trash him for not calling plays in GB, and having Rodgers, but everything I've read about him is great. What I like is that everywhere he's been, there has been a commitment to and effective running game. Since I feel that this team is made for that, I think he makes sense as a candidate.

I can say that about Hackett before I can say that about Moore (who started getting away from the running game and getting weird with his play selection again literally right after I put him at the top of my list this year), Daboll, and the Bengals and Rams get into spurts of what I consider silly play selection as well. The Bengals more so than the Rams, but to be fair you can probably put that on Taylor more than Callahan. I don't know how much of a collaborative effort they have working there though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cincinnati got smoked out of the blue by somebody in the post season because it seems like they come out and outsmart themselves. Multiple games I watched this year. I think Burrow has a lot to do with making it look genius at times.

As far as the more intangible aspect of being a head coach, being a leader, maybe Quinn is the best option available. I'm gunna trust Paton on this. He's earned my trust for the most part.

Comment

You're seeing Eric relay communication, or calling plays which sometimes he does. And if you're not seeing Andy do it, you're not paying attention. Or maybe he's just ordering dinner.

Comment

You're seeing Eric relay communication, or calling plays which sometimes he does. And if you're not seeing Andy do it, you're not paying attention. Or maybe he's just ordering dinner.

Yawn.....if that's what those pictures say to you then so be it. Andy Reid the offensive genius needs a "MIDDLE MAN" to get his plays in lmaooooo. We got jokes ok... you ever hear the one about the dog and the four frogs?
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            I'm glad Hackett is at the top of that list ^. People trash him for not calling plays in GB, and having Rodgers, but everything I've read about him is great. What I like is that everywhere he's been, there has been a commitment to and effective running game. Since I feel that this team is made for that, I think he makes sense as a candidate.

I can say that about Hackett before I can say that about Moore (who started getting away from the running game and getting weird with his play selection again literally right after I put him at the top of my list this year), Daboll, and the Bengals and Rams get into spurts of what I consider silly play selection as well. The Bengals more so than the Rams, but to be fair you can probably put that on Taylor more than Callahan. I don't know how much of a collaborative effort they have working there though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cincinnati got smoked out of the blue by somebody in the post season because it seems like they come out and outsmart themselves. Multiple games I watched this year. I think Burrow has a lot to do with making it look genius at times.

As far as the more intangible aspect of being a head coach, being a leader, maybe Quinn is the best option available. I'm gunna trust Paton on this. He's earned my trust for the most part.
                            The more I read about Hackett the more I like him. I am skeptical of his resume outside of GB and his non-playcalling role there, but I'll admit that there is a lot to like about Hackett. Besides, there are no perfect candidates, you've got pros and cons with all of them.

Comment

HC and QB are the two most vital positions of the team and the hardest to fill with quality men so this is Paton's real test.
                              Absolutely. QB being the hardest. In my mind it will go one of 3 ways.

1. “The Big Three” vet QBs (Wilson, Rogers, Watson). I’d personally have varied enthusiasm depending on who, but it would make for instant contention. I think this is the least likely scenario, but most attractive.

2. Mediocre/bridge vet QB (JimmyG/Cousins/Minshew). This is my least favorite option. Sure, any one of those guys is an upgrade, but it would represent the same strategy I’ve watched play out for the last 6 years. Unfortunately, I also think this is the most likely outcome.

3. Rookie QB (Pickett/Corral/Willis,etc). This is my favorite option, but lower probability. I suppose we could see a mix between this and the bridge vet scenario. I’m just to the point where I’d rather commit to a QB instead of creating another turnstile at QB. If you’re gonna go get a QB, just commit.

It’s going to be fun watching it play out.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yawn.....if that's what those pictures say to you then so be it. Andy Reid the offensive genius needs a "MIDDLE MAN" to get his plays in lmaooooo. We got jokes ok... you ever hear the one about the dog and the four frogs?
                                Have a good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X