POLL: Who do you want for HC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People just want Hackett bc they think it will help bring Rodgers to Denver
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus View Post
      Do you think we going to have all the candidates coach for us in some compacity? Nothing for Getsy gain by coming to Denver. Would he want to be OC in GB under Lafluer or in Denver with Hackett? Do you think Paton is going to hire Hackett who never has called plays that will bring Getsy in as OC, who by which also didn’t call plays either?
      Hackett has called plays before.
      Im not familiar with getsy but being a oc here would be a step up from the position he has now. He may or may not get that opportunity in gb. It might be that he prefers to coach under hackett. But saying he has nothing to gain is simply not true at this point.

At this point i trust paton to figure out who has the best plan and can impliment said plan the best out of the candidates hes interviewing. No one on here has a clue as to who that is better than paton and his staff.

more tidbits about getsy:

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/h...man-details-gr

so he has called plays before at the collegiate level
      armedequation
      cafe official sidekick
      Last edited by armedequation; 01-14-2022, 10:35 PM.
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Brian Callahan. Young up and coming star in the new NFL, and he works with an impressive young QB coach that will make a Better QC.

Time for a new start for a new season with new ownership just may equal success. Now just hope Elway and Ellis don't screw this up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Hackett has called plays before.
          Im not familiar with getsy but being a oc here would be a step up from the position he has now. He may or may not get that opportunity in gb. It might be that he prefers to coach under hackett. But saying he has nothing to gain is simply not true at this point.

At this point i trust paton to figure out who has the best plan and can impliment said plan the best out of the candidates hes interviewing. No one on here has a clue as to who that is better than paton and his staff.

more tidbits about getsy:

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/h...man-details-gr

so he has called plays before at the collegiate level
          The point being Getsy would be better served career wise following Matt Lafluer coattails . Hackett has a Pat Schurmur level resume.

Comment

#1 Eric Bihenemy
            #2 Kellen Moore
            #3 Todd Bowels
            -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus View Post
              The point being Getsy would be better served career wise following Matt Lafluer coattails . Hackett has a Pat Schurmur level resume.
              Thats up to getsy to decide. I dont get the shurmur comparisions. Paton must not either becuase otherwise i doubt he would be interviewing him if he did so obviously he believes hackett is more of a leader than fangio or shurmur. One would think that if getsy didnt feel like this is a good opportunity then he wouldnt be interviewing in the first place.

and to the poster who says that the only reason people are interested in hackett is because of rodgers, your wrong. I think he would be a good change from our lifeless, boring, throw everyone else under the bus previous coaching staff.

Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Thats up to getsy to decide. I dont get the shurmur comparisions. Paton must not either becuase otherwise i doubt he would be interviewing him if he did so obviously he believes hackett is more of a leader than fangio or shurmur. One would think that if getsy didnt feel like this is a good opportunity then he wouldnt be interviewing in the first place.

and to the poster who says that the only reason people are interested in hackett is because of rodgers, your wrong. I think he would be a good change from our lifeless, boring, throw everyone else under the bus previous coaching staff.
                Getsy ain’t following Hackett. Look up Hacketts resume/track record it isn’t any deferent then Shurmur.
                Getsy is being smart and not letting an opportunity pass him by. A HC interview puts his name out there for other teams. Interviewing a HC position is always a good opportunity. But if he’s to remain a OC and not get the HC job, his best opportunity is to stay as the OC under LaFluer on a SB contender

the only reason Hackett is getting attention is Rodgers. There’s absolutely nothing about Hackett that stands out other then he’s the non-play-calling OC for Rodgers and the packers.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                  #3 Todd Bowels
                  That's a candidate that has some guts!

Comment

Hackett's record an as OC is very comparable to Shurmur. If we leave intangibles like leadership out of it and just look at the numbers, these two are very similar.

Shurmur - 9 seasons as an OC in STL, PHI, MIN and DEN
                    • Average team NFL ranks - yards: 17th, points: 18th

Hackett - 8 seasons as an OC in BUF, JAX and GB
                    • Average team NFL ranks - yards: 17th, points: 16th

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/ShurPa0.htm
                    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/HackNa0.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Getsy ain’t following Hackett. Look up Hacketts resume/track record it isn’t any deferent then Shurmur.
                      Getsy is being smart and not letting an opportunity pass him by. A HC interview puts his name out there for other teams. Interviewing a HC position is always a good opportunity. But if he’s to remain a OC and not get the HC job, his best opportunity is to stay as the OC under LaFluer on a SB contender

the only reason Hackett is getting attention is Rodgers. There’s absolutely nothing about Hackett that stands out other then he’s the non-play-calling OC for Rodgers and the packers.
                      Except for the fact that shurmur has consistantly failed everywhere hes been and hes not a leader. Hacketts being looked at because of his personality. And the packers have been successful. I cant help it if you think that paton is only looking at what his done as an oc as a comparison to hire a hc. In hacketts case hes not which is what ive said previously.

if getsy really thought that his best option was to stay put and try for the oc position with green bay, i highly doubt he would even bother doing an interview. But this all just my opinion just like your sticking to your opinion
                      armedequation
                      cafe official sidekick
                      Last edited by armedequation; 01-15-2022, 07:09 AM.
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

Hackett's record an as OC is very comparable to Shurmur. If we leave intangibles like leadership out of it and just look at the numbers, these two are very similar.

Shurmur - 9 seasons as an OC in STL, PHI, MIN and DEN
                        • Average team NFL ranks - yards: 17th, points: 18th

Hackett - 8 seasons as an OC in BUF, JAX and GB
                        • Average team NFL ranks - yards: 17th, points: 16th

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/ShurPa0.htm
                        https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/HackNa0.htm

why would you leave intangibles out? Pretty obvious from patons presser that he wants a leader, not a play caller. The intangibles are what sets him apart from shurmur
                        armedequation
                        cafe official sidekick
                        Last edited by armedequation; 01-15-2022, 07:17 AM.
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

why would you leave intangibles out? Pretty obvious from patons presser that he wants a leader, not a play caller. The intangibles are what sets him apart from shurmur
                          what difference does it make?! Either way,He obviously doesn’t have the intangibles to be better than Schurmur. if he had the intangibles, it would show in his track record

Comment

Except for the fact that shurmur has consistantly failed everywhere hes been and hes not a leader. Hacketts being looked at because of his personality. And the packers have been successful. I cant help it if you think that paton is only looking at what his done as an oc as a comparison to hire a hc. In hacketts case hes not which is what ive said previously.

if getsy really thought that his best option was to stay put and try for the oc position with green bay, i highly doubt he would even bother doing an interview. But this all just my opinion just like your sticking to your opinion
                            Interviewing for the Jets,Jaguars & Lions are great opportunities as well when interviewing for HC. You seem to be under the impression that going somewhere as a OC is equivalent to going somewhere as a HC?

Comment

Intangibles are part of the picture, they were just not part of my post. My post was simply pointing out how similar his OC record is to Shurmur's.

Let's say Hackett has great intangibles, his offensive coaching record is average. That's just who he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

what difference does it make?! Either way,He obviously doesn’t have the intangibles to be better than Schurmur. if he had the intangibles, it would show in his track record
                                You do know what the definition of intangibles are right?

-impossible to touch, describe exactly or to give an exact value -cambridge dictionary

on second thought you must be right...thats why one was fired and one is being interviewed for the hc position. You seem to be stuck on hacketts record as an oc. If he is hired as a hc then it would be because hes a leader, it wouldnt be because of his play calling

Getsy while interviewing for the hc position, the general consensus is that we are possibly looking to get both hackett and getsy. Look at it however you please...dont let me dissuade you

broncostampede- yes and the topic is hackett as a head coach not as an oc. You can seperate it if you want and only look at one thing but thats most likely not what paton is doing. The reason he is interviewing hackett is his potential to be a leader not his potential as a play caller. Im not quite sure i can explain it any better than that
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X