Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the bigger bust in Denver? Cutler?Osweiler?Lynch?Lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay Cutler threw for 35 thousand yards, and is in the top 50 all-time in quarterback statistics.
    I don't really think that Jay Cutler could be classified a "Bust".

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Paxton Lynch aka Guy Fawkes
      Lol & agreed - more so than Brock
      Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Over multiple games no QB is SINGLE HANDEDLY responsible for neiter wins or losses, but as "Cold Hard Football Facts" documented over several seasons there was a correlation between the play of opposing QBs of about 88% on W/L.

While it is comical to hear you praise the crap that Lock puts out, Cutler clearly had skills but lets stay with facts - that during Cutler's 37 starts we lost ONE game where we didn't have turnovers and all total there were 4 games with Cutler as the starter where our offense did not have turnovers and 11 games with 3-5 turnovers. In the losses we scored 15 points less per game than in the wins. With regards to your temper tantrums and excuses yes - defenses stops playing as hard when your QB keeps handing the ball to the opponents and btw. John Lynch was actually cut by the Broncos and didn't retire until after he couldn't make the Patriots 53 player roster.

If you don't understand why McDaniels was not sure that Cutler was franchise QB material yopu could try to look at this game log https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0810200nwe.htm
        Not nearly as comical as watching you attempt to justify starting a never-was, and watching him struggle to get anything done in three downs, over developing a young QB with only 18 games of experience. I’ve been very clear about this; I never wanted Drew, and wanted to draft a QB in 21, but as this team was constructed, his potential growth was our best shot at a winning season. So, you attempting to paint me as some Drew Lock apologist is just kinda sad.

Now who’s making excuses? “ defenses stops playing as hard when your QB keeps handing the ball to the opponents” (oh please tell me you’re one of those who like to say “that 2011 defense only played well when they were sooooo inspired by wittle Timmy”). No matter how much you clearly want to, there is no way you can put on Cutler that we lost 2 cornerstones of our defense, regardless of how it happened (and if memory serves, didn’t we also lose Champ for a huge part of the year in the game from your little link?), and the defense gave up 5 yards per carry (26 TDs), 7 yards per completion (20 TDs), and the third most points in the league. The fact that we won 8 that year was a small miracle.

I really don’t have any respect for McDaniels (never have), so his opinion means nothing to me. It’s probably a good thing he was still a defensive gofer or he might have wanted to cut this losing QB. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0210130nwe.htm
        Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

Not nearly as comical as watching you attempt to justify starting a never-was, and watching him struggle to get anything done in three downs, over developing a young QB with only 18 games of experience. I’ve been very clear about this; I never wanted Drew, and wanted to draft a QB in 21, but as this team was constructed, his potential growth was our best shot at a winning season. So, you attempting to paint me as some Drew Lock apologist is just kinda sad.

Now who’s making excuses? “ defenses stops playing as hard when your QB keeps handing the ball to the opponents” (oh please tell me you’re one of those who like to say “that 2011 defense only played well when they were sooooo inspired by wittle Timmy”). No matter how much you clearly want to, there is no way you can put on Cutler that we lost 2 cornerstones of our defense, regardless of how it happened (and if memory serves, didn’t we also lose Champ for a huge part of the year in the game from your little link?), and the defense gave up 5 yards per carry (26 TDs), 7 yards per completion (20 TDs), and the third most points in the league. The fact that we won 8 that year was a small miracle.

I really don’t have any respect for McDaniels (never have), so his opinion means nothing to me. It’s probably a good thing he was still a defensive gofer or he might have wanted to cut this losing QB. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0210130nwe.htm
          Nice deflection when you cannot explain why Cuddles was so great in spite of all the loosing and what wonderful thing we missed when Shanahan and his primadonna crowd disappeared.
          It is such a shame that we did not get to see 10 years of this.....

Comment

Nice deflection when you cannot explain why Cuddles was so great in spite of all the loosing and what wonderful thing we missed when Shanahan and his primadonna crowd disappeared.
            It is such a shame that we did not get to see 10 years of this.....
            Because Shanny and his precision offense and short passing game is the same as Lovie Smith/Mike Martz and his high risk/high flying, passing game. Sure, lets throw a risk taking QB into that.

It could have been even worse, we could have had 10 years of this

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Paxton Lynch

Comment

Because Shanny and his precision offense and short passing game is the same as Lovie Smith/Mike Martz and his high risk/high flying, passing game. Sure, lets throw a risk taking QB into that.

It could have been even worse, we could have had 10 years of this ...
                I understand your fandom of Cutler and Lock.
                Both are very respectful to skiseason. Cutler made sure that you could go skiing in January - great thing!
                That was really irritating with Elway, Plummer, Tebow and Manning that they had you set home instead of going skiing.
                It is much less demanding to love the QBs you promote!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
                  Joe Flacco
                  Can confirm.
                  Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Cutler wasn’t a bust at all. It was a “bust” how his career ended here. Undoubtedly the most talented QB after Elway, and yes over my boy Jake The Snake, too. Unfortunately for Jay, he just cried his way out of Denver when he heard McDaniels wanted to trade him.

To answer your question, it’s Paxton Lynch. One of the worst QBs in recent memory.
                    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

I'm... Unsure of the point you are trying to make. This is a thread about a bust between drafted qb's, yet you mention nothing but defensive players?

If we started a thread of best DPoY in 1997 would you then start talking about steve young, elway, and warren moon being the reason why steve atwater chose to wear #27 as he had 5 sacks in his career and 7-2=5 which 7 and 2 are the reverse of his jersey?

Point being...whatever point you're trying to make is terribly mis-guided or in the wrong thread...
                      Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Joe Flacco
                        Lynch, by far.
                        sigpic

Comment

The bigger bust has to be Cutler as he was drafted high after trading up and he drug a 13-3 down to 17-20 in his tenure. Cutler was also the best of those four though 2015 Osweiler was a huge success. Lynch - three games - none of us can know if he had any potential but he was expensive in draft capital. Lock in his own right has been instrumenental in cementing Broncos as a bottom tier club. None of the others ever got away with so little being demanded off them.
                          At the time of Shanny's firing, Cutler was seen across the league and in the media as an emerging superstar. This was the reason that virtually the entire fanbase blew up when McD alienated him within days, and the reason the bears gave up a fortune to get him.
                          Last edited by MH Stampede; 01-16-2022, 03:55 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I understand your fandom of Cutler and Lock.
                            Both are very respectful to skiseason. Cutler made sure that you could go skiing in January - great thing!
                            That was really irritating with Elway, Plummer, Tebow and Manning that they had you set home instead of going skiing.
                            It is much less demanding to love the QBs you promote!
                            What are you talking about? There isn't anybody more respectful to ski season than Tim Tebow. He respected it so much he redirected his fansboys attention away from one sport he couldn’t play, and they couldn’t hope to understand, to another sport he couldn’t play, and they couldn’t hope to understand, played during the summer.

I don't hide the fact that I think Cutler would have done great things here. I get it that he probably hurt your feelings by not kissing the ring of the fans on the way out when he didn't act like losing bronco fans was that big of a deal. News flash, they all feel that way. You can refuse to acknowledge it all you want, but Tebow and Plummer benefited from playing with much better defenses, and Tebow was totally in over his head. At least Plummer was serviceable.

As for your inability to comprehend my comments on Lock, you’re just going to have to blame that one on your parents.

Originally posted by ozzies94ta View Post

I'm... Unsure of the point you are trying to make. This is a thread about a bust between drafted qb's, yet you mention nothing but defensive players?

If we started a thread of best DPoY in 1997 would you then start talking about steve young, elway, and warren moon being the reason why steve atwater chose to wear #27 as he had 5 sacks in his career and 7-2=5 which 7 and 2 are the reverse of his jersey?

Point being...whatever point you're trying to make is terribly mis-guided or in the wrong thread...
                            You understand that there is an entire conversation going on here, right? Maybe go back and read it to see if you can piece it together.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

Lynch, by far.

Agreed...However, money-wise versus performance it's Flacco.....If it's only Broncos drafted QBs, it's Paxton.

Joe Flacco
                              POST #2

If you are talking about Bronco drafted QBs only....I would go with Lynch
                              POST #7

Comment

This guy right here...

Attached Files
                                Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Working...
                                X