Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the bigger bust in Denver? Cutler?Osweiler?Lynch?Lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Jay Cutler threw for 35 thousand yards, and is in the top 50 all-time in quarterback statistics.
    I don't really think that Jay Cutler could be classified a "Bust".

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

Sure, the way he was single handedly responsible for injuring Al Wilson and ending his career, then convincing John Lynch to retire, thus making our defense drop from 4th to 30th in his tenure. The kid just couldn't cover, rush the passer, or tackle to save his life, what a waste of a pick. However, as bad as he was at tackling he sure had a knack for injuring running backs.
    Over multiple games no QB is SINGLE HANDEDLY responsible for neiter wins or losses, but as "Cold Hard Football Facts" documented over several seasons there was a correlation between the play of opposing QBs of about 88% on W/L.

While it is comical to hear you praise the crap that Lock puts out, Cutler clearly had skills but lets stay with facts - that during Cutler's 37 starts we lost ONE game where we didn't have turnovers and all total there were 4 games with Cutler as the starter where our offense did not have turnovers and 11 games with 3-5 turnovers. In the losses we scored 15 points less per game than in the wins. With regards to your temper tantrums and excuses yes - defenses stops playing as hard when your QB keeps handing the ball to the opponents and btw. John Lynch was actually cut by the Broncos and didn't retire until after he couldn't make the Patriots 53 player roster.

If you don't understand why McDaniels was not sure that Cutler was franchise QB material yopu could try to look at this game log https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0810200nwe.htm

Leave a comment:

• 7DnBrnc53
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

I was hoping to see what Chad Kelly would bring but he self-destructed.
    Honestly, Kelly & Kyle Sloter were the best QB's the Broncos have had since Peyton Manning. However, the team foolishly put too much of a premium on veterans, like Osweiler, Flacco, and Case Keenum. Big mistake (also, Kelly wasn't his own best friend).

Leave a comment:

• colowoz01
    replied
    Cutler received a payday from another team. Not a bust as I see it.

OZ, used his time here to acquire a lucrative contract from another team. ( no longer in the league, took the money and retired)

Lock, his career went into the gutter by this organization. Time will tell if he gets another chance to prove himself.

Leave a comment:

• Siberian Bronco
    replied
    have to be Lynch.no fire, no sprit.just a complete dud.i remember him on the bench at the black hole crying like a little girl.in way over his head.just like Fangio and Shurmur.what a waste of time and money.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

I'm pretty sure the gif settles the debate.
    We should have seen it coming.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Cutler and Lock weren’t busts. Osweiler kept the ship steady during our last SB run. He wasn’t good, but he also wasn’t a 1st rounder so really wouldn’t be fair to expect him to play like one.

Lynch was a 1st round pick, didn’t care about getting better and only started a couple games before he was out of the league. This isn’t even a conversation. The other three, no contest, were not anywhere near as bad as a pick as Lynch was.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Lynch by a mile. He is the definition of a bust. I get that there’s a high level of hate for Cutler, but he was a mainstay starter for a decade. Hardly a bust.

Leave a comment:

• broncojuan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	paxton-lynch-dab.gif
Views:	188
Size:	8.56 MB
ID:	8400506

Any excuse to post this gif.
    It kinda looks like 90% of what's on TikTok right now.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
    I'm pretty sure the gif settles the debate.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	paxton-lynch-dab.gif
Views:	188
Size:	8.56 MB
ID:	8400506

Leave a comment:

• broncojuan
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

The bigger bust has to be Cutler as he was drafted high after trading up and he drug a 13-3 down to 17-20 in his tenure. Cutler was also the best of those four though 2015 Osweiler was a huge success. Lynch - three games - none of us can know if he had any potential but he was expensive in draft capital. Lock in his own right has been instrumenental in cementing Broncos as a bottom tier club. None of the others ever got away with so little being demanded off them.
    Sure, the way he was single handedly responsible for injuring Al Wilson and ending his career, then convincing John Lynch to retire, thus making our defense drop from 4th to 30th in his tenure. The kid just couldn't cover, rush the passer, or tackle to save his life, what a waste of a pick. However, as bad as he was at tackling he sure had a knack for injuring running backs.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Not sure second round picks can be busts.

Cutler wasn’t really a bust.

Lynch becomes the bust by default although it may not be fair given he never should have been drafted in the first round.
    Lynch for sure... I would modify you statement though..."he never should have been drafted.....period"

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied
    Lynch, for sure.
    Cutler was decent at times. Lacked a desire to win. Certainly a failure.
    Oz, I actually liked and felt like he had potential.
    Lock, it's to early to tell. I think he'll eventually fail but he's had a tough road.

Leave a comment:

• KernCoBroncofan
    replied
    Lynch by a landslide

Leave a comment:

Working...
X