Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the bigger bust in Denver? Cutler?Osweiler?Lynch?Lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    This guy right here...

Caption:
    "Where did I put the gunpowder?"
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Caption:
      "Where did I put the gunpowder?"
      He made a better Tampa Bay Buccaneer mascot than QB.
      Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

He made a better Tampa Bay Buccaneer mascot than QB.
        Well, he is from Florida. Wonder if he has a "Rogue Raider Pirate Playset"?
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Paxton (Over rated ) Lynch. We should have let the Cowboys have him in the draft. Oz wasn't great, but he wo us enough games to make the playoffs when Peyton was injured, then tricked the Texans to thinking he was worth millions.
          The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
            Paxton (Over rated ) Lynch. We should have let the Cowboys have him in the draft. Oz wasn't great, but he wo us enough games to make the playoffs when Peyton was injured, then tricked the Texans to thinking he was worth millions.
            I do wonder what might have happened had Oz resigned here. He was not ever going to be a HoFer, but he was better than Trevor, and we would have been a better destination for him. We don't trade up to draft Paxton, and take Derrick Henry (who many projected we would take before the trade). I bet we win a few more games that year, make the playoffs and completely change the trajectory of this franchise. Not resigning him was probably the biggest mistake Elway made (although I also think people have turned him into a comic book villain).
            Last edited by broncojuan; 01-16-2022, 06:41 PM.
            Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Lynch by a million miles of those choices...

Comment

All of them were embarrassing clowns and complete failures, but Lynch has to be the worst. He was a first round draft pick in the NFL in 2016, and presently he's a third string guy on a middle of the pack CFL team.
                Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                  Jay Cutler threw for 35 thousand yards, and is in the top 50 all-time in quarterback statistics.
                  I don't really think that Jay Cutler could be classified a "Bust".
                  He had 61 combined picks and fumbles in 37 games as a Bronco to go along with a 17-20 record as a starter. By comparison, the man he replaced (Jake Plummer) had 57 combined picks and fumbles in 59 games and a 39-15 record as a starter.

He was absolutely a failure in Denver. He walked into a starting job on a team that was in first place and had made the playoffs three seasons in a row and then immediately tanked the franchise out of the playoffs until the Tebow season.

The Broncos spent a #6 overall draft pick to get much worse at QB. That's the reality of the Cutler situation.
                  Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

At the time of Shanny's firing, Cutler was seen across the league and in the media as an emerging superstar. This was the reason that virtually the entire fanbase blew up when McD alienated him within days, and the reason the bears gave up a fortune to get him.
                    The fan base was massively split on Cutler and if you go back to the debates on this board from especially 2007 and 2008, you will see that it was not "virtually the entire fanbase" that blew up, and that the vast majority regretted letting go of Jay's potential but supported the McD and Bowlen side. The ones that looked behind the superficial numbers saw that as fantastic as Good Jay was, Bad Jay would sink the team time after time. Good Jay and Bad Jay alternated starting, and that is where he splits from Lock where Bad Lock starts three times as Good Lock.

By 2007 this board was split between the ones that were in love with Jay's physical skills and didn't value the mentality, and the ones that saw the skills but had lost faith in the between the ears part of Cutler. As famicommander explains above many of us saw the picks, the attitude, the fumbles.... and the lack of desire to be great, and others saw the 2nd coming of Elway. The Jake-Jay wars were exactly about the difference between pretty passes and winning.

No one could be in doubt that Cutler - like Jeff George - was supremely talented, but it was very evident by mid 2007 that if you scraped the surface what was beneeth was not as pretty as on the surface. Cutler's career turned out exactly the way I thought when he was here.

When QBs get drafted into the NFL in the first few rounds it is not physical talent they miss, but how they perform has everything to do with their personality.

Comment

Jay Cutler had a better Career then a lot of other QB's in the NFL.
                      He is the 6th best QB In Broncos history Stat wise. 37 games, 9,024 passing yards, 54 Td's 37 ints. 87.1 passer rating. While I don't care for him much, he had his time as an NFL starter, I think just over 200 starts with a .500% record for his Career, 13 seasons.
                      (Also he made Many Millions of Dollars, he is a very wealthy, well educated, Man)

Last edited by Capt. Jack; 01-17-2022, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

I do wonder what might have happened had Oz resigned here. He was not ever going to be a HoFer, but he was better than Trevor, and we would have been a better destination for him. We don't trade up to draft Paxton, and take Derrick Henry (who many projected we would take before the trade). I bet we win a few more games that year, make the playoffs and completely change the trajectory of this franchise. Not resigning him was probably the biggest mistake Elway made (although I also think people have turned him into a comic book villain).
                        Players just did not respond to him as well as they needed to. Sure, you can say that it's not fair. And it's not fair to compare a kid on a rookie contract to PFM. But there it is. Maybe the players would have responded to him if he had stuck around to take the job once Manning retired. But he didn't, and that's on him. My impression of him is that he got his feelings hurt when the organization picked PFM over him, and the team responded, and we ended up with a storybook Superbowl win. So I think he was kind of a big baby about the whole thing and when he left I said good riddance. I do recall a bit of drama when it came down to getting him signed to a team. Something about his agent telling him not to answer the phone when Elway called because he'd be offered slightly more than what he was getting and he didn't want to be tempted to take it? I'd have to go look it up but it sounded incredibly childish at the time.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Lynch. Close thread.
                          New England Patriots GM

Comment

Easily Paxton Lynch.

Comment

The fact that Cutler is even in this conversation is like doing a 'best of' Mania discussion from a decade ago.

Makes me feel young again.

Comment

lol. Reminds me of Ryan Leaf... last year did a Reddit AMA that went horribly.

But one of the highlights was when someone inevitably asked him if he had come to terms with being one of the biggest busts in NFL history.

His response was (paraphrased) 'I don't like that term.'

Comment

Working...
                                X