Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Riddance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good Riddance

    Loved the statement from Julie Bowen (Pat's Niece) today about the Trust and Elway and what they did to the Broncos over the past 6 years. "Good riddance to those that destroyed it, stole the fun, failed the team and fans, killed the standard of excellence, dishonoured the franchise and Pat’s legacy. Bring on new and better times ahead!!!
    WIsh all of the Bowlen's would share the same appreciation for what Pat built.

  • #2
    Here's the link for the full statemestatement.
    Julie Bowlen, the niece of late owner Pat Bowlen, hopes the team's next owner "returns the sense of family that led to success."

    Comment


    • #3
      Those slimy lawyers enjoyed ruining the team and drove the wedge wrecking Pat's family. The Bowlen girls themselves could have did better with the team than they did. What a horrendous injustice slimy lawyers can do. It aint their team, but they manipulated it away from Pat and his family as the alzheimers took over his brain.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MrMax View Post
        Those slimy lawyers enjoyed ruining the team and drove the wedge wrecking Pat's family. The Bowlen girls themselves could have did better with the team than they did. What a horrendous injustice slimy lawyers can do. It aint their team, but they manipulated it away from Pat and his family as the alzheimers took over his brain.
        Watch Ellis somehow work it out that he stays on as CEO or gets money from the sale.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ellis is scum and he needs to go. AS for the lawyers, it's laughable. Lawyers just do what their client tells them. This is all on the Trust, Ellis and Elway. They need to be run out of town.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
            Here's the link for the full statemestatement.
            Pretty emotive stuff! Respect for saying it how she sees it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

              Watch Ellis somehow work it out that he stays on as CEO or gets money from the sale.
              Which makes me nervous about the sale. I just don’t trust him at all.
              #swapping

              Comment


              • #8
                She's describing the Manning family.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
                  Loved the statement from Julie Bowen (Pat's Niece) today about the Trust and Elway and what they did to the Broncos over the past 6 years. "Good riddance to those that destroyed it, stole the fun, failed the team and fans, killed the standard of excellence, dishonoured the franchise and Pat’s legacy. Bring on new and better times ahead!!!
                  WIsh all of the Bowlen's would share the same appreciation for what Pat built.
                  What Pat inherited. All the success the broncos have had over the last 40 years was built on the back of Elway, Shanahan, and Reeves. The best thing Pat did was stay out of their way, and Pat's family was a disaster way before they started worrying about the money they wanted that they never earned. As far as I'm concerned, the Bowlens can't get out of Denver fast enough.
                  Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

                  Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

                  "It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Out with the old, in with the new. Time for the organization to dispense with the old regime.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

                      What Pat inherited. All the success the broncos have had over the last 40 years was built on the back of Elway, Shanahan, and Reeves. The best thing Pat did was stay out of their way, and Pat's family was a disaster way before they started worrying about the money they wanted that they never earned. As far as I'm concerned, the Bowlens can't get out of Denver fast enough.
                      Pat didn't inherit the Broncos, he bought them from Edgar Kaiser. Pat is also the one that hired all of those you mentioned.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post

                        Pat didn't inherit the Broncos, he bought them from Edgar Kaiser. Pat is also the one that hired all of those you mentioned.
                        Wrong. Bowlen hired Shanahan. Kaiser hired Reeves and traded for Elway. If you were playing baseball, getting a hit 1 out of 3 times is pretty good.
                        lvbronx
                        Old School
                        Last edited by lvbronx; 01-14-2022, 02:44 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

                          What Pat inherited. All the success the broncos have had over the last 40 years was built on the back of Elway, Shanahan, and Reeves. The best thing Pat did was stay out of their way, and Pat's family was a disaster way before they started worrying about the money they wanted that they never earned. As far as I'm concerned, the Bowlens can't get out of Denver fast enough.
                          I assume you mean inherited from Edgar Kaiser. I agree about the Bowlen family. No wonder Pat didn't take responsibility and name an heir and pushed that off on The Board. He didn't know what to do with his children either. He also fired Mike Shanahan and replaced him with mcdainiels. IMO, this was the start of the Broncos' tailspin. We had some great success when Manning was here, but those 4 years are more of an aberration than the norm over that time.

                          It needs to be repeated: Pat Bowlen fired Mike Shanahan and hired Josh McDaniels.

                          As far as the Bowlen kids, Brittney is thought to be the only one that really shares the passion for the team like Pat did. It's my understanding the other family members don't care much about the team other than its financial worth.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

                            I assume you mean inherited from Edgar Kaiser. I agree about the Bowlen family. No wonder Pat didn't take responsibility and name an heir and pushed that off on The Board. He didn't know what to do with his children either. He also fired Mike Shanahan and replaced him with mcdainiels. IMO, this was the start of the Broncos' tailspin. We had some great success when Manning was here, but those 4 years are more of an aberration than the norm over that time.

                            It needs to be repeated: Pat Bowlen fired Mike Shanahan and hired Josh McDaniels.

                            As far as the Bowlen kids, Brittney is thought to be the only one that really shares the passion for the team like Pat did. It's my understanding the other family members don't care much about the team other than its financial worth.
                            None of the kids were qualified to be named heir at the time that the Trust was created, and Pat stipulated what those qualifications were as a path for taking over. Only Beth Bowlen-Wallace, a child from his first marriage, and Brittany, a child of his second marriage, undertook that path, got the education, and worked for the Broncos organization. Unfortunately, another stipulation is that all of the children must agree unanimously on who will take over, and they cannot when two of them feel entitled.

                            I don't think I would characterize 2011-2015 as an "aberration". If it is, so is 1996-1998 and every other winning period.

                            And as much as Pat can be blamed for firing Shanahan and rolling the dice on McDoof, he deserves full credit for hiring Mike Shanahan in the first place which was the best and most successful HC hire in franchise history. I don't fault him for firing Shanahan after Mike failed to live up to the high standards he himself established. His mismanagement destroyed the defense with no hope in sight of ever repairing it. Mike's next stint in Washington also saw their defense fall into rapid decline.
                            L.M.
                            Football Immortal
                            Last edited by L.M.; 01-14-2022, 03:16 PM.

                            Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

                              Wrong. Bowlen hired Shanahan. Kaiser hired Reeves and traded for Elway. If you were playing baseball, getting a hit 1 out of 3 times is pretty good.
                              Originally posted by L.M. View Post

                              None of the kids were qualified to be named heir at the time that the Trust was created, and Pat stipulated what those qualifications were as a path for taking over. Only Beth Bowlen-Wallace, a child from his first marriage, and Brittany, a child of his second marriage, undertook that path, got the education, and worked for the Broncos organization. Unfortunately, another stipulation is that all of the children must agree unanimously on who will take over, and they cannot when two of them feel entitled.

                              I don't think I would characterize 2011-2015 as an "aberration". If it is, so is 1996-1998 and every other winning period.

                              And as much as Pat can be blamed for firing Shanahan and rolling the dice on McDoof, he deserves full credit for hiring Mike Shanahan in the first place which was the best and most successful HC hire in franchise history. I don't fault him for firing Shanahan after Mike failed to live up to the high standards he himself established. His mismanagement destroyed the defense with no hope in sight of ever repairing it. Mike's next stint in Washington also saw their defense fall into rapid decline.

                              Not exactly. He did bring in Shanny after the Wade Phillips mess, but the first time Shanny was hired was in 1984 by Dan Reeves, and he was Elway's had picked choice to replace Reeves, but Pat was worried about how it would look in the press and promoted Wade from Reeves D-Coordinator . So, the only hire that Pat made that is not connected to the other three is McDaniels... ouch.
                              broncojuan
                              Gunslinger
                              Last edited by broncojuan; 01-14-2022, 04:10 PM.
                              Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

                              Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

                              "It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X