Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish List For Improvement For Madden Or ESPN NFL Football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 2005, ESPN Football seems to be making the most additions to it's game. Nearly everything everyone in this thread listed is gonna be in ESPN2K5. I really like Madden and I own all versions of it on PS2 and have most Madden games on my SNES, but Madden STILL doesn't look any differently graphically. The players are still cartoony and they look very small. Almost like watching a pee wee game with kids in NFL uniforms. ESPN is getting my gaming dollars this year, but since it comes out a month before ESPN, I'll pick up Madden just to tide me over.

Comment

the game is too easy on all pro, and if you have regular players it is almost too hard on all-madden. it is pretty frustrating when you cant run the ball b/c everytime you touch the ball there is someone in your face on all madden. you still win by a few td's, i just like to run the ball so i get frustrated. also another improvement i think should be the juke moves, the should implement a start and stop move for backs like Q. kinda like nba live has the crossover move with the right joy stick, madden should have the same type of deal with the right joy stick where its a little more diverse than the same old cut left or right. i think they should still have the other one but there should be both.

I count 3 pokes it takes to bring Q down!! Q is the Man

Comment

Originally posted by Qistheman
        the game is too easy on all pro, and if you have regular players it is almost too hard on all-madden. it is pretty frustrating when you cant run the ball b/c everytime you touch the ball there is someone in your face on all madden. you still win by a few td's, i just like to run the ball so i get frustrated. also another improvement i think should be the juke moves, the should implement a start and stop move for backs like Q. kinda like nba live has the crossover move with the right joy stick, madden should have the same type of deal with the right joy stick where its a little more diverse than the same old cut left or right. i think they should still have the other one but there should be both.
        ESPN2K4 already has that. You can hit down on the right stick and your back will stop which if followed by a juke or a speed burst will net him big yards.

Comment

do you like it? does it play or look real? if you do i might be switching games, which will be hard b/c i have every madden game from 90'-04'. maybe madden will do the same thing and then i should become a game designer.

I count 3 pokes it takes to bring Q down!! Q is the Man

Comment

what i really hate about madden is when the computer does an impossible pass or run for a TD that you cant stop. It doesnt matter what you do when 1 of these plays happens. Once it starts, its over.
            The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

Impossible plays on madden are abundant......The only thing that could improve madden would be to take advantage of the best console online service and it seems that that is happening very soon.
              Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Qistheman
                do you like it? does it play or look real? if you do i might be switching games, which will be hard b/c i have every madden game from 90'-04'. maybe madden will do the same thing and then i should become a game designer.
                I like ESPN2K4. The players all look real, great animation, atmosphere.....even the playbooks you can use GREATLY SURPASS MADDEN'S. I challenge anyone who plays with the BRONCOS in Madden to find a QB Bootleg in "Mike Shanahan's Playbook". Go to IGN.com and look for ESPN NFL 2005 and read the article. It's gonna be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G to say the least.

Comment

I would also love it if they added all the facemasks that are available in real life. Like if you look at Terrell Owens face mask on Madden they don't add that extra bar on the top of the facemask. It's just that single bar instead of the two bars that he has in real life. That really bothers me because I love things that are so detailed. And I wish they would make the shaded visor for the facemask darker like it is in NCAA Football 2004. That would be nice. And they should add the visor that glares like a mirror as well. Stuff like what would be beautiful.

Comment

I like ESPN2K4. The players all look real, great animation, atmosphere.....even the playbooks you can use GREATLY SURPASS MADDEN'S. I challenge anyone who plays with the BRONCOS in Madden to find a QB Bootleg in "Mike Shanahan's Playbook". Go to IGN.com and look for ESPN NFL 2005 and read the article. It's gonna be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G to say the least.
                    The players look all real? Maybe the faces do but as far as everything else, I don't think so. They look more like bad cartoon drawings. Maybe it's a lot different for ESPN NFL 2005 but for 2004 that's the way they look, as far as the players. I have it rented right now from Blockbuster to see how good it is. I've played both and I prefer Madden even though I like a lot of stuff that ESPN NFL offers but I'll stick with Madden NFL 2005 when it comes out.

Comment

I have an idea for Madden. Get rid of Madden. Honestly, he's just annoying. It sounds like he's merely there to be made fun of. That said, I don't know who'd replace him...or maybe Davis NFL 2006?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos28
                        The players look all real? Maybe the faces do but as far as everything else, I don't think so. They look more like bad cartoon drawings. Maybe it's a lot different for ESPN NFL 2005 but for 2004 that's the way they look, as far as the players. I have it rented right now from Blockbuster to see how good it is. I've played both and I prefer Madden even though I like a lot of stuff that ESPN NFL offers but I'll stick with Madden NFL 2005 when it comes out.
                        The players in ESPN look a HELLUVALOT more real than they do in Madden. Madden's player models look like little kids in NFL uniforms with their dad's shoes on. Fire up ESPN2K4, run a play with the BRONCOS and do a replay. Center the camera on Jake Plummer and tell me that doesn't look like him Same for Al Wilson. The players are very accurately modeled.

Comment

Working...
                        X