Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Sure, no doubt.

Most NFL playbooks are so large they contain enough to run several styles of offense depending on the scouting report. The previous discussion was about what Russell had been asked to run in Seattle in the past depending on who the OC was and what he wanted to emphasize.

Hackett says he and Russell are working closely together and are on the same page. Hackett has also made some general statements about the offense he and Russell plan to install. The selection of new offensive coaches tends to reflect that.

Russell invited Denver receivers to work with him throwing them the ball. There have been seven-on-seven drills already. The missing element is the full offense with rushing and passing attacks meshing and interacting. Realistically, that can't begin to develop until the hats and pads go on in TC and the hitting begins on the lines.

Preseason games/scrimmages will be vanilla, but provide a glimpse. It won't be until the season opener in Seattle that we'll begin to see the results of the Nate Hackett/Russell Wilson collaboration. It's a process.

P.S. Wilson and Cam are two different guys.
    Given there was a big article about how PC and his sons laughed Wilson out of the room when he asked to have a say in the offense I think we know the answer. It will never matter who the QB is or who the OC is in the end as long as PC is there they will run or revert to what PC wants. Run and throw long.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      What is your point?

Wilson isnt worth trading for?

Russell Wilson is the Broncos QB period! He is the face of the Broncos!

If the Broncos make the playoffs this season the trade will be viewed as an early success.

If they win a Superbowl with Wilson the trade is will be viewed as a long term success.

What Russ does in the next 5 seasons
      compared to what the draft picks do is what this trade is!!!!

You have made it clear you are against this trade and Russell Wilson and you have every right to your opinion but please keep this energy when the Broncos start winning!!!!!
      Lol. My energy doesn’t change when the Broncos win or lose. It’s just sports ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        BTW.....love that Russ is showing up at all the sports events in Denver, Last night he was supporting The Avs. On a side note, that was one of the more one sided 1 goal games I've seen. The goal post alone stopped The Avs at least 5 times!
        Yeah he is great like that.

Comment

• FYi Guys

@seahawksPR
          @Seahawks
          QB
          @DangeRussWilson
          joined Peyton Manning and Dan Marino in throwing 20 touchdowns in each of their first 10 seasons. #GoHawks

@Seahawks
          QB
          @DangeRussWilson
          tied Dan Marino and Peyton Manning for the most games with at least four touchdown passes in a player’s first 10 seasons in NFL history with 17. #GoHawks

FYI there are only 6 QBs in NFl history who have more games with 4tds than Wilson and all played 17+ seasons

And he did that missing 3 games and playing hurt for several more

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

The Rams did appear to have a better team than the Broncos, but it's non-sequitor (that means it is illogical) to believe this is any sort of evidence as to the value of the Russ trade. It's also an opinion. We can also make the comparison that Wilson had a far better history and career up to the point either was traded. There's plenty of other factors.

Here's the reality. We traded for Russ. Deal with it. The only reasonable judgement of the trade will be if it helped the team more than the picks would have. And this is UNPROVABLE. You continue to try to prove something that is UNPROVABLE.

But I know one thing, the rest of the NFL is interested in Russ in Denver. Last year was the first year in decades we weren't on MNF. How many national games do we have this season? The rest of the NFL wants to see Russ in Denver even if you don't.
            Just incredible.

Comment

• Also Wilson lead the Seahawks to a winning season every year were he played the whole season. That's a trend

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Just incredible.
                Profound..

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Profound..
                  Without peer.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Playoffs? Playoffs?
                    We haven't even sniffed the playoffs in years!
                    RW may have playoff losses, but you have to Make the playoffs to lose in the playoffs.
                    I would love to get in the playoffs, ya never know what happens, but you gotta get in first .

Comment

Just incredible.
                      They’ve gone from, “Wilson gives us a chance to be in the playoffs”

to

”Playoff teams weren’t as good as the Broncos”

Comment

to

Glad to see you found someone who you can agree with!

Comment

Just incredible.
                          It is incredible how many prime time games we're in.....thanks to Russ.

You nailed it!

Comment

• It seems some people want to give Russell Wilson all of the credit and none of the blame. Either it's a team sport or it's not. Which is it?

I can't wait for the season to start so we can finally see what we have, good or bad.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

to

Who is "they"? I only speak for myself. You do realize I said that I agree with you that the Rams were probably a better team when they got Stafford compared to when we got Russ. But that is only our opinion. Are you saying you disagree with me agreeing with you?

As far as being non-sequitor, that means "does not follow". Your point that the Rams gave up less for Stafford than we gave up for Russ, so we got a bad deal is non-sequitor. What the Rams gave up for Stafford is irrelevant to Russ' value to us.

But if it did matter, what did the 9ers give up for Trey Lance? What did the Browns give up for Watson? If you are going to argue using irrelevant information, at least use all available evidence instead of cherry-picking.

The Russ trade should only be judged on whether it helps us or not and if it was the best use of the resources we used to get him. Since we will never know who we would have drafted with those picks, or how they would have played for us, this means we will never know the actual value of what we gave up.

But like I said earlier, the rest of the NFL is excited to see Russ in Denver judging by our increase in national games, even if you aren't.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                                It seems some people want to give Russell Wilson all of the credit and none of the blame. Either it's a team sport or it's not. Which is it?

I can't wait for the season to start so we can finally see what we have, good or bad.
                                If you had to bet your life on it, would you pick the Broncos winning more or fewer games this season than last with Russ?

If you had to bet your life on it, would you pick the Seahawks winning more or fewer games this season than last without Russ?

Comment

Working...
                                X