Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    It seems some people want to give Russell Wilson all of the credit and none of the blame. Either it's a team sport or it's not. Which is it?

I can't wait for the season to start so we can finally see what we have, good or bad.
    This "people" believes that we were that team who was missing a QB, and that Russ Wilson is that guy. He is not the team, but he is the main missing piece. As would any quality QB we could have acquired.

And if you are referring to the fact we are on so many prime time telecasts (and you may not be)....that's mostly Russ Wilson. No way do The Broncos get most of those games with Lock or some other questionable starter. In fact, the odds are we would only be in a game because they wanted to showcase someone else.

Comment

• Watch these plays and ask yourself is these plays happen due to the team or because of Russell Wilson. Some believe anyone can make these plays due to Seattles system
      10 years and one losing seaon, I would Russ had something to do with that, but we will find out this year.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

If you had to bet your life on it, would you pick the Broncos winning more or fewer games this season than last with Russ?

If you had to bet your life on it, would you pick the Seahawks winning more or fewer games this season than last without Russ?
        Interesting that you ask that first question to someone on record as saying that Wilson can be great for the Broncos.

As for the second question, that's unknown. If the Seahawks lose more than they win, is it because Wilson is gone or because the coaches fail to properly utilize the talent they now have or will it be because the Seahawks are hit with a plethora of injuries?
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Russell Wilson lost that Super Bowl to the Patriots. The Seahawks did not lose that game.

If he gets the credit, he gets the blame too.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Interesting that you ask that first question to someone on record as saying that Wilson can be great for the Broncos.

As for the second question, that's unknown. If the Seahawks lose more than they win, is it because Wilson is gone or because the coaches fail to properly utilize the talent they now have or will it be because the Seahawks are hit with a plethora of injuries?
            You're dead. You didn't answer either question when your life depended on it. All bets are unknown, that's the point of them.

I'll predict the Broncos win more than 7 games and Seattle will win fewer than 7, which is how many games each won last season. I'm basing this on my opinion of how important Russ is to a team.

I could be wrong but at least I didn't dance around giving a real answer.

Comment

Russell Wilson lost that Super Bowl to the Patriots. The Seahawks did not lose that game.

Did Russell call that play?
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Russell Wilson lost that Super Bowl to the Patriots. The Seahawks did not lose that game.

Why couldn't the Legion of Boom hold a double digit lead? Seattle was up 24-14 going into the 4th qrt. You can blame Russ for the loss but where was the defense?
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

He threw that interception. That's on him. No other quarterback that season threw an interception in that situation.

That, however, is irrelevant to the point of the post you quoted.

Either football is a team sport or it's not. People can't just decide that the losses are on the team but the victories belong solely to Wilson.
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Russell put the ball where it was suppose to be, great play by Butler jumping the route.
                    I remember a guy named Manning throwing a pick six to end a SB vs New Orleans. Had no problem bringing him in or Russ.
                    sigpic

Comment

He threw that interception. That's on him. No other quarterback that season threw an interception in that situation.

That, however, is irrelevant to the point of the post you quoted.

Either football is a team sport or it's not. People can't just decide that the losses are on the team but the victories belong solely to Wilson.
                      As long as you're talking about "people", people on this message board have blamed Pat Shurmur's play calling for lack of success on the field. Apply that to the situation for which you blame a Super Bowl loss on Russell Wilson.

2nd & Goal from the +1 with one TO left. Lynch just had a four yard run. Many expect a run in that situation. If PC really wants to throw it, why not line up like you intend to run and throw PAP? Instead, they come out in Spread Gun with an obvious pick on a Slant route which is clear to a Belichick defense which is obsessed with scouting. Carroll almost outcoached BB, but outsmarted himself by being too cute.

I'd blame Russell if he called it, but he didn't. Dumb play.

Comment

As long as you're talking about "people", people on this message board have blamed Pat Shurmur's play calling for lack of success on the field. Apply that to the situation for which you blame a Super Bowl loss on Russell Wilson.

2nd & Goal from the +1 with one TO left. Lynch just had a four yard run. Many expect a run in that situation. If PC really wants to throw it, why not line up like you intend to run and throw PAP? Instead, they come out in Spread Gun with an obvious pick on a Slant route which is clear to a Belichick defense which is obsessed with scouting. Carroll almost outcoached BB, but outsmarted himself by being too cute.

I'd blame Russell if he called it, but he didn't. Dumb play.
                        Again, missing the point of the post to which you refer. Of course that loss was a team loss. Russell threw the interception. The play call could have been better. The defense could have played better. Game and Clock management by Pete Carroll could have been better.

Maybe I just hate the SeaChicks more than I do the Patriots. The SeaChicks did used to be division rivals. On top of that, I'm not a Russell Wilson fan. Maybe people around here hate the Patriots more. All of that might be affecting opinions about that game.

It's not just about the play call. Execution matters. Wilson failed to properly execute that throw. Cris Carter gave the explanation.
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Again, missing the point of the post to which you refer. Of course that loss was a team loss. Russell threw the interception. The play call could have been better. The defense could have played better. Game and Clock management by Pete Carroll could have been better.

Maybe I just hate the SeaChicks more than I do the Patriots. The SeaChicks did used to be division rivals. On top of that, I'm not a Russell Wilson fan. Maybe people around here hate the Patriots more. All of that might be affecting opinions about that game.

It's not just about the play call. Execution matters. Wilson failed to properly execute that throw. Cris Carter gave the explanation.
                          We can agree on what an interception is. What you are saying is that interceptions are always the QB's fault. Watch and study enough football and you will find that is not the case. The play is on YouTube for your viewing. There are several things that can happen when a pass is attempted and only one is desirable. Cris Carter was a receiver and as far as they are concerned, everything is the QB's fault. Russell threw the ball right to the receiver, but the D knew exactly where the ball would be.

Comment

We can agree on what an interception is. What you are saying is that interceptions are always the QB's fault. Watch and study enough football and you will find that is not the case. The play is on YouTube for your viewing. There are several things that can happen when a pass is attempted and only one is desirable. Cris Carter was a receiver and as far as they are concerned, everything is the QB's fault. Russell threw the ball right to the receiver, but the D knew exactly where the ball would be.
                            Cris Carter is an experienced football analyst who was a great receiver in the NFL. He knows football and about ball placement. If I recall correctly, he explained that the ball was not thrown high enough which allowed Butler to intercept the ball. I never said interceptions are always the quarterback's fault. That one, according to Cris Carter, was Wilson's fault, at least to some degree. Some blame probably does have to go to the play call. There were probably better options for a passing play than the one they ran. The defense being prepared for that play is irrelevant. Execution by the offense, the quarterback in particular, still has to overcome.
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Cris Carter is an experienced football analyst who was a great receiver in the NFL. He knows football and about ball placement. If I recall correctly, he explained that the ball was not thrown high enough which allowed Butler to intercept the ball. I never said interceptions are always the quarterback's fault. That one, according to Cris Carter, was Wilson's fault, at least to some degree. Some blame probably does have to go to the play call. There were probably better options for a passing play than the one they ran. The defense being prepared for that play is irrelevant. Execution by the offense, the quarterback in particular, still has to overcome.
                              If D knowing the play to defend is irrelevant, there would probably never be any interceptions. Try looking at the play yourself instead of just accepting Carter's opinion without question.

Comment

Wrong Wilson gave the Hawks a 2 score lead with under 9 minutes to go. The supposed awesome Seahawks defense could notnhold them. There never should have been a need to call that stupid play.70% of thr money was spent on that defense they failed.

Comment

Working...
                                X