No announcement yet.

Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got on board for this guy, so I'm fine with Russell too!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• I always thought this Brady guy was elite to but based on the argument apparently he is not. See video

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
        Please revisit the post that I replied to, re-posted for your convenience.

Timing is part of the play. The larger issue is the excuses for Wilson. Excuse is that he can’t perform with anything other than a number 1 receiver.

When the Seahawks won it’s because Wilson is *elite*.

When the Seahawks lost the defense let him down, O-line let him down, coaches failed and/or no way to expect him to use a number 5 receiver.

What happened to elite quarterbacks elevate everyone around them? In Wilson’s case when things don’t work it’s everyone else’s fault.

Consistent pattern from those who simp for Wilson:

Wilson was responsible when they won and zero responsibility when they lost.

Seems like you may be fighting some strawmen though.

I don't know that anyone is saying every win is due to just Wilson being elite or that he deserves all the credit.

Nor do I think I've seen any/many saying that he deserves no fault for when they didn't win.

The world's not that black and white, and neither is football.

Wilson is widely considered elite because he has a career worth of consistently performing well. At a level that is only attained by the elite. I believe someone else mentioned he made the 'All Decade team'. It's pretty hard to believe that someone who does that is not elite, unless you think they have since become washed up.

Is it possible that Wilson could have somehow prevented that interception in the Superbowl? Probably, yeah. Is the fact that he didn't enough to change a career worth of top level play? No. Does it mean that he's completely at fault? No. Does it mean he's blameless if I don't place the blame primarily on him? No.

Do elite players elevate those around them? Yes. Does that mean that unless you win it all, you must not be elevating those around you? No.

Is it possible to think that we got an Elite QB and also think that sometimes he's made mistakes, and will likely again in the future? It is!

Is it possible to believe that we're massively improved at the QB position and be happy about that without also thinking we're instant SB contenders? Believe it or not, also yes!

Comment

• I would like to add.....

When I assess QBs on opponent teams, I consider how worried I was/am whenever the game is close and going into the last Q. Russ Wilson worried me, big time. He did it often. There are few other QBs in the game that scared me more. Brady did it to me. Mahomes has that skill. So do others, and many from the past. But Wilson....absolutely.

We got him. He will scare other teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Seems like you may be fighting some strawmen though.

I don't know that anyone is saying every win is due to just Wilson being elite or that he deserves all the credit.

Nor do I think I've seen any/many saying that he deserves no fault for when they didn't win.

The world's not that black and white, and neither is football.

Wilson is widely considered elite because he has a career worth of consistently performing well. At a level that is only attained by the elite. I believe someone else mentioned he made the 'All Decade team'. It's pretty hard to believe that someone who does that is not elite, unless you think they have since become washed up.

Is it possible that Wilson could have somehow prevented that interception in the Superbowl? Probably, yeah. Is the fact that he didn't enough to change a career worth of top level play? No. Does it mean that he's completely at fault? No. Does it mean he's blameless if I don't place the blame primarily on him? No.

Do elite players elevate those around them? Yes. Does that mean that unless you win it all, you must not be elevating those around you? No.

Is it possible to think that we got an Elite QB and also think that sometimes he's made mistakes, and will likely again in the future? It is!

Is it possible to believe that we're massively improved at the QB position and be happy about that without also thinking we're instant SB contenders? Believe it or not, also yes!

It’s not my job to educate you on the posts in this thread. You’re either not reading many of the posts or willfully ignoring excuses made for Wilson, maybe both.

Comment

It’s not my job to educate you on the posts in this thread. You’re either not reading many of the posts or willfully ignoring excuses made for Wilson, maybe both.
              Based on your posts no QB is good enough or elite. Brady, and Manning both have thrown bad picks in big games. Bottom line is Wilson is the best QB we have had since Peyton. His ability to improvise and make something out of nothing is the best we will have had since John Elway.
              sigpic

Comment

Please revisit the post that I replied to, re-posted for your convenience.

Timing is part of the play. The larger issue is the excuses for Wilson. Excuse is that he can’t perform with anything other than a number 1 receiver.

When the Seahawks won it’s because Wilson is *elite*.

When the Seahawks lost the defense let him down, O-line let him down, coaches failed and/or no way to expect him to use a number 5 receiver.

What happened to elite quarterbacks elevate everyone around them? In Wilson’s case when things don’t work it’s everyone else’s fault.

Consistent pattern from those who simp for Wilson:

Wilson was responsible when they won and zero responsibility when they lost.

And the play he’s referring to is the play I broke down. Timing is apart of the play, it’s apart of every play. But there are timing concepts that succeed or fail solely on the timing, this play was not a timing concept.

Kearse not doing his job isn’t an excuse for Wilson, it’s the reason the pass was intercepted. But you seem to be implying that the blame lies solely on Wilson when Wilson did exactly what he was supposed to do within the design of the play. Kearse was supposed to steer Browner into Butler for an easy walk in TD. Lockette should have reached out and snagged the ball away from his body to secure the catch. Instead Browner stonewalled Kearse and Lockette tried to pin the ball against his shoulder. Wilson can’t do anything to get Kearse to push Browner up the field, and he can’t force Lockette to catch the ball away from his body, all he could do was put the ball in the right spot and the right time which he did, Butler just knocked Lockette off the spot. Butler and Browner wanted it more than Lockette and Kearse, it’s as simple as that.

QBs elevating the guys around them is just a nonsensical way of saying they’re better than the average QB. Wilson isn’t going to magically improve our group’s physical abilities. He’s just going to be a lot more accurate and dynamic than Lock/Bridgewater and the stats will reflect that so the narrative of Wilson raising his teammates will get pushed. He’s also going to be on the same page as far as how those guys will run their routes and cues they both need to be looking for. Contrary to popular belief, Manning did not make Demaryius Thomas a better route runner, that was natural improvement from a raw WR and his WR coach, but Manning did know exactly what to look for when DT ran his routes against every coverage they saw. He probably made him a much smarter player which helps, but he did nothing for him physically that he couldn’t already do.

As far as him not producing without a number one receiver, I think that’s bogus. He’s never really had a number 1 WR. He’s made plenty of guys that would be a 2nd or 3rd option look like top guys though. DK is probably the closest he’s had and even he’s extremely limited as a route runner. Tyler Lockett and Doug Baldwin probably never would’ve been big names at WR if not for Wilson, Baldwin probably would’ve washed out while Lockett would be returning kicks. The majority of his targets have washed out of the league after leaving Wilson. Golden Tate might be the only exception and he was on the verge of washing out before Wilson got there.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

And the play he’s referring to is the play I broke down. Timing is apart of the play, it’s apart of every play. But there are timing concepts that succeed or fail solely on the timing, this play was not a timing concept.

Kearse not doing his job isn’t an excuse for Wilson, it’s the reason the pass was intercepted. But you seem to be implying that the blame lies solely on Wilson when Wilson did exactly what he was supposed to do within the design of the play. Kearse was supposed to steer Browner into Butler for an easy walk in TD. Lockette should have reached out and snagged the ball away from his body to secure the catch. Instead Browner stonewalled Kearse and Lockette tried to pin the ball against his shoulder. Wilson can’t do anything to get Kearse to push Browner up the field, and he can’t force Lockette to catch the ball away from his body, all he could do was put the ball in the right spot and the right time which he did, Butler just knocked Lockette off the spot. Butler and Browner wanted it more than Lockette and Kearse, it’s as simple as that.

QBs elevating the guys around them is just a nonsensical way of saying they’re better than the average QB. Wilson isn’t going to magically improve our group’s physical abilities. He’s just going to be a lot more accurate and dynamic than Lock/Bridgewater and the stats will reflect that so the narrative of Wilson raising his teammates will get pushed. He’s also going to be on the same page as far as how those guys will run their routes and cues they both need to be looking for. Contrary to popular belief, Manning did not make Demaryius Thomas a better route runner, that was natural improvement from a raw WR and his WR coach, but Manning did know exactly what to look for when DT ran his routes against every coverage they saw. He probably made him a much smarter player which helps, but he did nothing for him physically that he couldn’t already do.

As far as him not producing without a number one receiver, I think that’s bogus. He’s never really had a number 1 WR. He’s made plenty of guys that would be a 2nd or 3rd option look like top guys though. DK is probably the closest he’s had and even he’s extremely limited as a route runner. Tyler Lockett and Doug Baldwin probably never would’ve been big names at WR if not for Wilson, Baldwin probably would’ve washed out while Lockett would be returning kicks. The majority of his targets have washed out of the league after leaving Wilson. Golden Tate might be the only exception and he was on the verge of washing out before Wilson got there.
                  So now Fantaztic7 says Wilson cant win without a Home wr. Ahh no QB can win without a Home wr every team has a Home wr. Now, how good is that Home Wr that is different. Wow he is just getting ridiculous.

But lets look a tthat

Stafford-Kupp
                  GB-Well had Adams
                  Cin Chase
                  SF-Samuel, Kittles
                  Bal- Andrews
                  KC-Had HIll and Kelso
                  Buf-Diggs
                  TB-Godwin, Evans, and Gronk
                  Dal-Cooper, Lamb

I can go on. Every team that made the Playoffs has a Home receiver

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN

IIRC he joined the boards with a different username, and changed it when Osweiler left.. Maybe if Russ was 6'7" he wouldn't have such a problem with him
                    Z for Osweiler ??

Osweiler played a significant role in reaching the playoffs to ultimately win SB50. He’s contributed more to the Broncos than Russell Wilson.

Maybe Wilson will contribute to winning a SB with the Broncos. However, based on his recent trend of losing more playoff games than winning (3-5 since 2015 and 1-3 the last 4 playoff games), he hasn’t proven anything with the Broncos. He’ll first have to break the recent trend of losing in the playoffs (if he leads the Broncos to the playoffs).

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN

IIRC he joined the boards with a different username, and changed it when Osweiler left.. Maybe if Russ was 6'7" he wouldn't have such a problem with him
                      Ahh and now we get the problem, he does not short Qbs and like a toddler is throwing a fit.

Comment

You clearly think it's not your job to discuss in good faith.

It's a free world, I guess.

Comment

• Sorry if your post got deleted in the clean up.

There are a number of infractions that people need to be aware of:

Spam--- Not just the bots trying to sell things, but posting something over and over and over again. -5 points

Trolling--- "Trolling is the act of posting something that one knows or should know will provoke a negative or angry response from the general membership or a specific user." -10 points

Board Disruption--- Kind of a combination of the two above that causes mods to have to do multiple clean ups. -50 points

Any questions, please PM me.

Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• A lot has been discussed about the INT that Wilson threw in the final minutes of SB 49, and several posters mentioned it was Seattle's defense, not Wilson, that lost the game because of not being able to stop NE in the 4th quarter.

What many non-Seattle fans forget is Seattle's starting CB, Jeremy Lane, late in the 1st quarter, suffered a severely broken arm immediately after intercepting Brady near the goal line. The impact of that play was significant in that backup CB Tharold Simon got severely torched by Brady & Co. the rest of that day. Seattle was thin at CB and having lost Jeremy Lane, the drop-off to Simon proved to be a turning point in the game.

Seattle lost the game, but Wilson's INT was NOT the reason why. Malcoln Butler made one helluva play and he deserves much more credit than Wilson does blame.
                            "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

• Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
                              A lot has been discussed about the INT that Wilson threw in the final minutes of SB 49, and several posters mentioned it was Seattle's defense, not Wilson, that lost the game because of not being able to stop NE in the 4th quarter.

What many non-Seattle fans forget is Seattle's starting CB, Jeremy Lane, late in the 1st quarter, suffered a severely broken arm immediately after intercepting Brady near the goal line. The impact of that play was significant in that backup CB Tharold Simon got severely torched by Brady & Co. the rest of that day. Seattle was thin at CB and having lost Jeremy Lane, the drop-off to Simon proved to be a turning point in the game.

Seattle lost the game, but Wilson's INT was NOT the reason why. Malcoln Butler made one helluva play and he deserves much more credit than Wilson does blame.
                              People also forget we were down 2 olineman in that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

People also forget we were down 2 olineman in that game.
                                Your team is the Patriots?
                                "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Working...
                                X