Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post

    Your team is the Patriots?
    No what I meant by we was Seattle. They had lost 2 of their starting lineman by the 4th qtr.

    Comment


    • I couldn't believe that Russell Wilson brought the team all the way down at the end of the game to win his second Super Bowl. I really didn't want to Seahawks to go back to back. And when that interception happened I couldn't believe it! I was happy that the Seahawks did not go back to back. And that was actually the end of the legion of boom, and the Seahawks that gave us such a beat down in the super bowl.

      (But that's football)

      Comment


      • Russell Wilson is an upgrade at Denver's QB position. We shall see if he and the new coaching staff can improve the results as compared to previous years. It will be interesting from a football POV.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

        Comment


        • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Russell Wilson is an upgrade at Denver's QB position. We shall see if he and the new coaching staff can improve the results as compared to previous years. It will be interesting from a football POV.
          Correction....

          Russell Wilson is a massive upgrade at the QB position

          There simply is no argument to that
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

            Z for Osweiler 👊🏻

            Osweiler played a significant role in reaching the playoffs to ultimately win SB50. He’s contributed more to the Broncos than Russell Wilson.

            Maybe Wilson will contribute to winning a SB with the Broncos. However, based on his recent trend of losing more playoff games than winning (3-5 since 2015 and 1-3 the last 4 playoff games), he hasn’t proven anything with the Broncos. He’ll first have to break the recent trend of losing in the playoffs (if he leads the Broncos to the playoffs).
            Offcause Oz has contributed more to Broncos success that Russel Wilson has at this point in time. RW has not started playing games for the Broncos.
            It is such a relief that we don't have to see that QB we sent to Seattle ruin more for the Broncos.
            Even if what RW brings us is something similar to what we had in the 2011 season, that will be a huge win for us fans that actually have Broncos football that is intertesting to follow and competitive.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

              Offcause Oz has contributed more to Broncos success that Russel Wilson has at this point in time. RW has not started playing games for the Broncos.
              It is such a relief that we don't have to see that QB we sent to Seattle ruin more for the Broncos.
              Even if what RW brings us is something similar to what we had in the 2011 season, that will be a huge win for us fans that actually have Broncos football that is interesting to follow and competitive.
              Holy crap that is the new turn he is taking comparing a guy who already played games for t Denver to a guy who has not played any yet. How ridiculous.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                Offcause Oz has contributed more to Broncos success that Russel Wilson has at this point in time. RW has not started playing games for the Broncos.
                It is such a relief that we don't have to see that QB we sent to Seattle ruin more for the Broncos.
                Even if what RW brings us is something similar to what we had in the 2011 season, that will be a huge win for us fans that actually have Broncos football that is intertesting to follow and competitive.
                Trading two first round picks, two seconds, a fifth and multiple players should deliver better results than interesting and competitive football (subjective). Playoffs and Super Bowl appearances should be the minimum. Wilson is repeatedly placed on a mantle as an elite quarterback by a lot of fans. With that status comes expectations beyond “interesting and competitive”.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

                  Correction....

                  Russell Wilson is a massive upgrade at the QB position

                  There simply is no argument to that
                  Exactly no matter how you try to manipulate, cherry pick the FACT is he is a huge upgrade.

                  Comment


                  • If comparing Osweiler’s contributions vs Wilson in Denver isn’t valid because the latter hasn’t played games, saying Wilson is an upgrade is invalid because he hasn’t played games for the Broncos.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                      If comparing Osweiler’s contributions vs Wilson in Denver isn’t valid because the latter hasn’t played games, saying Wilson is an upgrade is invalid because he hasn’t played games for the Broncos.
                      Let's compare something else: Russ chose the Broncos. Brock chose the Texans. Russ is a Bronco. Brock isn't. Facts are our friends.
                      Last edited by lvbronx; 05-21-2022, 05:09 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        If comparing Osweiler’s contributions vs Wilson in Denver isn’t valid because the latter hasn’t played games, saying Wilson is an upgrade is invalid because he hasn’t played games for the Broncos.
                        Seriously!?!?!? I know you have your convictions on Wilson but wow!!! I don't care if Russ hasn't played a snap for Denver....he could be 60 years old and would still be an upgrade over Osweiler. There is a reason the "latter" isn't in the league anymore

                        Comment


                        • Wait, so we can't all agree that Russ is an upgrade over Tua Tagovailoa's backup and the dude who.lost the competition to Tua Tagovailoa's backup?

                          Comment


                          • If RW can play 4 or 5 more years, and put up respectable numbers, regardless of how many playoff games he wins or loses, he could wind up having a better career, statistically, then Elway.

                            Elway was "elite", I think?
                            RW is in a great situation here in Denver, to cement his legacy as a "elite" QB .

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              If RW can play 4 or 5 more years, and put up respectable numbers, regardless of how many playoff games he wins or loses, he could wind up having a better career, statistically, then Elway.

                              Elway was "elite", I think?
                              RW is in a great situation here in Denver, to cement his legacy as a "elite" QB .

                              If we get just his career avg we are looking at

                              3706 yards, 29 tds. 8 ints, 65% complt. 102 passer. 469 yards rushing and 2 tds.

                              Now since someone likes trends lets just look at the last 4 years

                              3720 yards. 32 tds, 7 ints, 106 passer, 65% complt, 353 rushing 2tds

                              Also keep in mind he was hurt last year and he is avg over 100 less attemps then Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady and all the top QBs. In other words he is doing more with less.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                                Wait, so we can't all agree that Russ is an upgrade over Tua Tagovailoa's backup and the dude who.lost the competition to Tua Tagovailoa's backup?
                                No most of us agree, all.of us agree but 1 person.
                                Last edited by Deandc; 05-22-2022, 12:33 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X