• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Yes,but that alone doesn’t put Wilson above any QB I listed
    Cool story bro...

Stafford over Wilson ? enough said LMAO ?

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

Wilson hasn't won a super bowl? ? I seem to have a bad memory of that.... perhaps you blocked it out... LMAO
    Yes,but that alone doesn’t put Wilson above any QB I listed

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Mahommes
    Rodgers
    Stafford
    Burrow
    Brady

Herbert
    Allen
    These 7 are the top tier, in bold are the Super Bowl winning/Quality QBs. Josh Allen gonna win at least one the next couple of years. I’d take any of these 7 over Wilson.
    Wilson hasn't won a super bowl? ? I seem to have a bad memory of that.... perhaps you blocked it out... LMAO

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    We got a top 5 or top 10, successful, proven NFL QB!! And to me he is the number 1 QB in the NFL, cuz he plays for the Broncos!!!!
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 07-30-2022, 03:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    I don’t think there are 5 quarterbacks you would take over Wilson, if your life depended on his team winning a Super Bowl this season or next. There might be three, but not five.
    Mahommes
    Rodgers
    Stafford
    Burrow
    Brady

Herbert
    Allen
    These 7 are the top tier, in bold are the Super Bowl winning/Quality QBs. Josh Allen gonna win at least one the next couple of years. I’d take any of these 7 over Wilson.

Leave a comment:

• Deandc
    replied

There’s no way I would put Burrow ahead of Wilson.

If I need a game, I might go Wilson over Brady. If I need a season, I take Brady, no doubt.
    So when I look at that list I look at 3 things wins/losses and 4th qtr OT come from behind wins, and game winning drives

Wilson has the 4th most active Qbsand has played 12 fewer seasons than #1, 4 less than #2, 3 less than Blogs He has the highest success rate on game-winning drives of any active QB.

For further info he is 17th all time and everyone above him played 3+ more seasons

Wilson has the most 4th qtr/OT come from behind wins since 2012 in the NFL

Wilson is the 2nd mos winningest QB over that time behind only Brady

I would take Wilson

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Right now my top 10 list would be...

Brady
    Mahomes
    Burrow
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Allen
    Stafford
    Herbert
    Jackson
    Carr

If I need one game....as much as I hate to say it I'd pick Brady. I'm super stoked we have Wilson and I don't care what other young talent is "better", in the moment I just know Wilson is going to pull through and Denver will get another SB while he is Denvers QB

​​​​
    There’s no way I would put Burrow ahead of Wilson.

If I need a game, I might go Wilson over Brady. If I need a season, I take Brady, no doubt.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    I don’t think there a 5 quarterbacks you would take over Wilson, if your life depended on his team winning a Super Bowl this season or next. There might be three, but not five.
    Right now my top 10 list would be...

Brady
    Mahomes
    Burrow
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Allen
    Stafford
    Herbert
    Jackson
    Carr

If I need one game....as much as I hate to say it I'd pick Brady. I'm super stoked we have Wilson and I don't care what other young talent is "better", in the moment I just know Wilson is going to pull through and Denver will get another SB while he is Denvers QB

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    I don’t think there are 5 quarterbacks you would take over Wilson, if your life depended on his team winning a Super Bowl this season or next. There might be three, but not five.
    Last edited by broncolee; 07-29-2022, 03:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied

As long as the offense is legitimately balanced and the defense is competent, I think great things can happen for the Broncos because they have a legitimate NFL quarterback on the team now.

The Saints with Drew Brees were always better when the offense was balanced. It helped the defense be competent. When they weren’t balanced on offense, it hurt the defense and the team as a whole wasn’t very good.

Among active quarterbacks , he’s a 1st tier quarterback.
    He’s not 1st tier. Top 5 he’s not.

Leave a comment:

• Deandc
    replied

As long as the offense is legitimately balanced and the defense is competent, I think great things can happen for the Broncos because they have a legitimate NFL quarterback on the team now.

The Saints with Drew Brees were always better when the offense was balanced. It helped the defense be competent. When they weren’t balanced on offense, it hurt the defense and the team as a whole wasn’t very good.

First the narrative he needs a great run game and defense is false.

Example
    2017 they were 9-7 their defense was ranked 16th their run game ranked 23rd. Wilson was responsible for over 95% of the tds and over 85% of the yards and was the leading rusher. ONLY PLayer to do that in the NFL history

2020 they were 12-4 run game ranked 12th, without Wilson and with an AVG QB rushes would have been 20th, the defense ranked 15th so sorry he does not need a strong run game and defense. He like all TOP Qbs need one or both to win it all and some luck.

All that said now lets look at that for a minute

Manning in Denver
    2014-run game 15th, defense 3rd hmm
    2015-run game 15th, defese 1st
    2016-run game 26th, defense 4th

Seems Manning needed a great defense as well

Go back to his first SB can you say, Edgerrin James

Lets look at the Rams well they had a top defense and great run game

TB 6th best defense, In every one of Brady's SB, wins he had either a top defense or top run game or both.

Mahomes the year he won the Sb they had a top 10 defense too

Rodgers a top 10 defense

I can go on and on

If you go back and look at every Sb winner almost all had a great defense or great run game or both to go with their great QB. Look at Elway he needed that great run game to get his SB

A top Qb gets you in almost every time but you need more to win and some of that more is luck, but you also need a top defense and or run game

The problem is because PC preaches run game and defense and that is the system he has had to play in he needs them more than any other TOP Qb he does not and he has proven that.

Also Wilson has not had a great defense and run game since 2015 and he has a 609 winning % 2016-2021 nice try though.

Also and in fact, they had that top 10 defense and run game in 2011 and had a losing record. Then they get Wilson and 12-4, 8 playoff appearances, only 1 losing record the year Wilson got injured.

So sorry that narrative is factually wrong
    Last edited by Deandc; 07-29-2022, 12:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

No he wasn’t

Russell Wilson isn’t on the same level as Peyton Manning. Never will be.

he gets plenty of respect but these fantasies about who/what RW is is exactly that fantasy.

RW is a great 2nd tier QB who needs a great running game and defense to be successful. Minus that he’ll lead the team to a .500 record.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied

That should be the deal but he won’t go for 6 years. He’ll want to leave room to do another big contract
    Do you think, 3/150 all guaranteed? Or 4/200 all guaranteed????

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

I am thinking 6 years/300 mill. (200 mill guaranteed.)
    That should be the deal but he won’t go for 6 years. He’ll want to leave room to do another big contract

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    Originally posted by Duckhunter View Post
    Russ might even end up better than Peyton as manning was hurt with that neck injury.

Russ was putting together weekly game plans for his entire offense based off of their positional units.

Show the man some respect. He has been a top flight qb in the nfl for years.
    No he wasn’t

Russell Wilson isn’t on the same level as Peyton Manning. Never will be.

he gets plenty of respect but these fantasies about who/what RW is is exactly that fantasy.

RW is a great 2nd tier QB who needs a great running game and defense to be successful. Minus that he’ll lead the team to a .500 record.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X