Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

But it's also just plain weird how this thread goes on and on and on, and yes I do take part, and the argument never stops.

I am pro Wilson of course, but maybe it's time we talk about another topic, as long as someone wants to make it their mission to refute everything said that's positive about Wilson.

How do I say it nicely....this thread has become silly. It does not have to be, but we keep falling for the trap.

Maybe ignoring negativity is the answer.
    We should be able to have a thread about our new pro bowl, Super bowl winning, elite quarterback, that we acquired. And we should be able to talk well of him, and be happy that we have a real quarterback for the first time in many years.
    I just don't understand all the negativity, and all the argument that he's not any good?
    Russell Wilson is absolutely an upgrade in the quarterback department. And, I really did not like Russell Wilson after he beat us in the Super bowl. I didn't watch his games, he kind of bothered me, the whole bit. But, now he's the Denver Broncos starting quarterback, and I am happy that we have him on our team! I'm going to support him and I hope that he does well. And if he doesn't do well that's the way it goes, but I'll be rooting for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

We should be able to have a thread about our new pro bowl, Super bowl winning, elite quarterback, that we acquired. And we should be able to talk well of him, and be happy that we have a real quarterback for the first time in many years.
      I just don't understand all the negativity, and all the argument that he's not any good?
      Russell Wilson is absolutely an upgrade in the quarterback department. And, I really did not like Russell Wilson after he beat us in the Super bowl. I didn't watch his games, he kind of bothered me, the whole bit. But, now he's the Denver Broncos starting quarterback, and I am happy that we have him on our team! I'm going to support him and I hope that he does well. And if he doesn't do well that's the way it goes, but I'll be rooting for him.

I totally agree pal. I just don't get the ongoing "debate" anymore. Waste of space. It started off fine, you know, two sides of the story, but it's way past midnight and I am supposed to be at home in bed.

Last edited by CanDB; 06-06-2022, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Outside of the contract cost upcoming, there is no reason to not be excited about Wilson......and as for the contract number, that is what good QBs cost. In fact, the only way to avoid the high QB cost is either draft a top one to pay less (temporarily) or pay less for a mediocre one.

So many fans look at the number and believe the simplistic decision would have been to draft one, but outside of Josh Allen we haven't been in a position to draft a "good" one for years....not to mention had we done that we would paying Allen the same amount we are paying Wilson right now. High QB contracts are part of the equation. If you happen to get lucky and draft one and have success under a rookie deal, thats temporary. Could you imagine going into the next year paying Lock 20+ million? That's what hes looking at in 9 months if he wins the job and puts in even a mediocre season.

I'm thrilled we are out of the wondering stage. Wondering if our guy can improve or wondering if we might just be in position to draft one. Handling a cap is a much better problem to have than searching for a QB and dealing with all that comes with it- such as coaching turnover, FA losses, and overspending. Even the draft picks is less an issue now that it's half over. Losing our first was a big deal to many, but now that it's over and we still landed a highly rated pass rusher and offensive weapon, the Wilson trade is looking even better imo.
        ​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

There are so many times I wanted to bring him up and felt this exact same way

The boards have gotten a little better discussing him but it did take many years and a lot of PM winning to get there.
          I'm sorry, but to whom are you referring?
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I think the trade worked out well for both sides. We’ll (Seattle fan here) will grab our QB next year.
            $50M per year? Better make your playoff run now…

Comment

• Well at least the Broncos didn’t trade for that other guy. He’s up to 24 lawsuits now.

I’ll take Russell Wilson over that any day and twice on Sunday.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• I've been wondering how long before he and his agent began pushing for a new contract. I thought they'd at least have the decency to wait a year and settle in.

But I think the $50 Mil GUARANTEED contract is on the front burner because of the risk of not preforming up to expectations. He wants the money based on past performance (which hasn't been great in the past couple of years).

I'm sorry to say this, but the pressure will be on for you guys to win a Super Bowl THIS year because after that, the team won't be able to afford both Wilson's salary and top talent around him. This is what happened with him in Seattle.

These (cough) 'rumors' about Wilson wanting 50 mil a year are just the beginning. His team is priming the pump and he did this in Seattle too. For more history, here's a link:

​​​​​​https://www.fieldgulls.com/2022/6/6/...deal-mark-john

Russ's true colors are not Denver orange or Seahawk blue, he's all about TEAM RUSS. Unfortunately, this is the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

• QB's not named Russell Wilson that have been mentioned in this thread...

Mahomes
                  Sherbet
                  Carr
                  Burrow
                  Rodgers
                  Stafford
                  Allen
                  Wentz
                  Luck
                  Manning
                  Elway
                  Tebow
                  Orton
                  Cutler
                  Lock
                  Bridgwater
                  Fitzmagic
                  Brady
                  ozweiler
                  Watson

think that covers it? ?

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                    QB's not named Russell Wilson that have been mentioned in this thread...

Mahomes
                    Sherbet
                    Carr
                    Burrow
                    Rodgers
                    Stafford
                    Allen
                    Wentz
                    Luck
                    Manning
                    Elway
                    Tebow
                    Orton
                    Cutler
                    Lock
                    Bridgwater
                    Fitzmagic
                    Brady
                    ozweiler
                    Watson

think that covers it? ?
                    Hmm could have thought there was more. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

Hmm could have thought there was more. lol

Shane Falco
                      Jon Moxon
                      Willie Beamen
                      Paul Crewe
                      Paul Blake
                      Bo Callahan

Might as well add them to the conversation...

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Shane Falco
                        Jon Moxon
                        Willie Beamen
                        Paul Crewe
                        Paul Blake
                        Bo Callahan

Might as well add them to the conversation...
                        Dude, how do you leave Uncle Rico off the list? He could throw a football over the Rocky Mountains.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Dude, how do you leave Uncle Rico off the list? He could throw a football over the Rocky Mountains.
                          He never got a fair chance!

Comment

• Originally posted by New Day View Post
                            I've been wondering how long before he and his agent began pushing for a new contract. I thought they'd at least have the decency to wait a year and settle in.

But I think the $50 Mil GUARANTEED contract is on the front burner because of the risk of not preforming up to expectations. He wants the money based on past performance (which hasn't been great in the past couple of years).

I'm sorry to say this, but the pressure will be on for you guys to win a Super Bowl THIS year because after that, the team won't be able to afford both Wilson's salary and top talent around him. This is what happened with him in Seattle.

These (cough) 'rumors' about Wilson wanting 50 mil a year are just the beginning. His team is priming the pump and he did this in Seattle too. For more history, here's a link:

​​​​​​https://www.fieldgulls.com/2022/6/6/...deal-mark-john

Russ's true colors are not Denver orange or Seahawk blue, he's all about TEAM RUSS. Unfortunately, this is the tip of the iceberg.
                            RW"s true colors are "Wilson Green"

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

RW"s true colors are "Wilson Green"

except again this is a rumor no one from the IWlsons camp or the Broncos has said anything.

In fact the title of the article is

What the Russell Wilson contract rumor reveals about Seahawks trade

key Word RUMOR.

This smells of a Seahawk/PC leak to make what they did look better.FY Wilson went to PC and offered to redo and restructure his contract to open up money but PC said no., he did it to Wagner too.

Last edited by Deandc; 06-06-2022, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

except again this is a rumor noone from the IWlsons camp or the Broncos have said anything.
                                We'll see what happens? He should be paid as much as the top five quarterbacks get paid.
                                5/250 sounds about right?
                                If he signs for anything less, he's doing the Broncos a favor.
                                I think a new TV deal is going through next year? That should make the cap go up?

Comment

Working...
                                X