No announcement yet.

Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be honest, hold my hand up, whatever way you want me to say it...but I absolutely hated Wilson when he played for the Seahawks. Just seemed arrogant and something about him just rubbed me wrong lol. Of course now I have to cheer for him as he plays for my favorite team, and hopefully I begin to like him lol. I have read where a lot of salty Seahawks fans are so glad to get rid of him, he was a nuisance, system qb, etc etc. I think mainly that is sour grapes and he can thrive here.

Here's hoping for the best.

Comment

• game set and match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeaVzvAQDrg

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy Marsh View Post
        I will be honest, hold my hand up, whatever way you want me to say it...but I absolutely hated Wilson when he played for the Seahawks. Just seemed arrogant and something about him just rubbed me wrong lol. Of course now I have to cheer for him as he plays for my favorite team, and hopefully I begin to like him lol. I have read where a lot of salty Seahawks fans are so glad to get rid of him, he was a nuisance, system qb, etc etc. I think mainly that is sour grapes and he can thrive here.

System QB?? I don’t like Wilson either but I have not seen anyone claiming he’s a system QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

System QB?? I don’t like Wilson either but I have not seen anyone claiming he’s a system QB.
          I saw it on Twitter where a couple of people said that(I assume they were Seahawks fans but maybe not). Anyway, yeah I don't think he is either just repeating what I read. I am eager to see what he can do here. I hope he proves me wrong, but I can't help but be somewhat nervous about the whole thing until he does.

Comment

I saw it on Twitter where a couple of people said that(I assume they were Seahawks fans but maybe not). Anyway, yeah I don't think he is either just repeating what I read. I am eager to see what he can do here. I hope he proves me wrong, but I can't help but be somewhat nervous about the whole thing until he does.
            He was the system in Seattle. Their O scheme was simple, run, throw long, play great defense keep in close then hope Wilson could bring them back.

Comment

• Comment

• Mike Klis
                @mikeklis
                Zack, there are no contract talks. No one has asked for anything. I have clarified there is no asking price and I misspoke. I was spitballing. Stop with this.
                Quote Tweet

Zack Kelberman
                @KelbermanNFL
                · Jun 3
                Report: Russell Wilson Has 5-Year, $250M 'Asking Price' for New #Broncos Deal

Enough already

Comment

• sorry for mispost

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

He actually is very good at playing within the system when it's a 20th-century system and not a system from the 70s. See last to games of l;last year. People need to remember PC said they game plan for him to play outside the system. That was said prior to his first season. Wilson has some of the best numbers of any QB within the pocket, which means in the system.
                    Don’t take it as a slight to him within the design of the play, he’s still very good there. It’s just that he’s that good outside of the play design. And it isn’t always scrambling and chucking it deep. Checking to something else for a specific WR at the line is something I would consider outside the design of the play. It can be something as simple as a called smash concept and Wilson recognizing that he’s got a slow CB on the LoS with no safety help matched up against Hamler so he’ll have Hamler run a streak instead of a hitch or a short out whatever the case may be. Improvising is one of Wilson’s greatest strengths, unfortunately it’s also something our WRs have really struggled with the past few seasons. We will find out this year if the lack of effort stemmed from a lack of faith in the QB or if they’re just not able to recognize soft spots in coverages.

Comment

• There was no one I hated more than PM in the years before he came to Denver. When I found myself in Indy I did things I will never publicly admit fueled by my hatred for PM. This dude did some nasty things to us...nasty things in the playoffs! I still remember how relieved I was the Steelers knocked PM out of the playoffs. Yea we did not beat the Steelers either

Ultimately I am a Bronco fan. When he came to Denver it took weeks but by the time PM was in training camp I was all on the PM Bronco train.

Originally posted by Randy Marsh View Post
                      I will be honest, hold my hand up, whatever way you want me to say it...but I absolutely hated Wilson when he played for the Seahawks. Just seemed arrogant and something about him just rubbed me wrong lol. Of course now I have to cheer for him as he plays for my favorite team, and hopefully I begin to like him lol. I have read where a lot of salty Seahawks fans are so glad to get rid of him, he was a nuisance, system qb, etc etc. I think mainly that is sour grapes and he can thrive here.

Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Here you framed the standard for elite by twice mentioning “bounding back”. Only after I correctly pointed out the fact that Wilson failed to bounce back in 2021 not winning clutch games, you want someone else to define the terms you used - because you discredited Wilson as an elite quarterback by your own standard.
                        I can not tell if you are purposely picking bits and pieces of the entire conversation to intentionally make it more confusing or if you genuinely do not understand the whole point I was making in response to your comments and other comments.

If you want to take this discussion to private messages I will continue it. Which ever way is accurate I do not think this needs to be a public conversation anymore.

thank you for your effort in the discussion and apologies if I misread your intentions
                        Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Better get used to it my friend (or tune out of it) because this is shaping up to be a repeat of the old Manning thread(s) which started in 2012:

1. Most stoked with getting him.
                          2. Some worried he might be washed up and too much of a risk, and/or obtained for too high a price.
                          3. Some wanted to continue to roll with previous QB or someone cheaper and less risky.
                          4. Fans from his former team show up to follow him, congratulate, "inform" or "warn" us.
                          5. P*tsy trolls (plus one deranged Colts fan) show up to peck away on his sack —arguments about elite status, playoff record, etc. with numerous comparisons made to other QBs past and present (but mostly Brady, of course) and this went on in that thread for years.

We have just a couple Wilson detractors here but they are not fans from rival teams —that's the only real difference at this point.
                          I would also add in there was not much activity in the forums from draft time to current OTAs.

Imo there was not much to discuss. I found myself in areas of the forums I rarely go to
                          Let's Ride!

Comment

I hear 👂 you! I hated Peyton as a Colt but quickly got over it 🍻
                            Last edited by 58Miller; 06-07-2022, 02:15 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Don’t take it as a slight to him within the design of the play, he’s still very good there. It’s just that he’s that good outside of the play design. And it isn’t always scrambling and chucking it deep. Checking to something else for a specific WR at the line is something I would consider outside the design of the play. It can be something as simple as a called smash concept and Wilson recognizing that he’s got a slow CB on the LoS with no safety help matched up against Hamler so he’ll have Hamler run a streak instead of a hitch or a short out whatever the case may be. Improvising is one of Wilson’s greatest strengths, unfortunately it’s also something our WRs have really struggled with the past few seasons. We will find out this year if the lack of effort stemmed from a lack of faith in the QB or if they’re just not able to recognize soft spots in coverages.
                              Some players have commented that Hackett wants the offensive look/formation(s) to look as much the same to the D as possible, and to run as much volume as possible from each. Hackett has said Outside Zone would be the base rushing attack. If that's the way it turns out, would expect Russell to Boot away from each meshpoint in Outside Zone whether he keeps or gives. Doing that would present the same look and force D to cover all possibilities. It would also get Russell out of the pocket regularly on a designed play.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

The 1970s was part of the 20th Century.
                                Ahhhh....what's a 100 years between friends???

Comment

Working...
                                X