No announcement yet.

Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will be interesting how this plays out. I get the feeling the Hawks have decided to avoid Qb big money use the salary cap to pay for other players while having a young qb. It actually fits in with what they trying to do.

The Broncos have been on the young qb / vet recycled qb carousel since 2015 and want off even if it means trading away picks, players and giving a qb big money.

The 5+ year returns on these decisions will be interesting to watch.
    Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      It will be interesting how this plays out. I get the feeling the Hawks have decided to avoid Qb big money use the salary cap to pay for other players while having a young qb. It actually fits in with what they trying to do.

The Broncos have been on the young qb / vet recycled qb carousel since 2015 and want off even if it means trading away picks, players and giving a qb big money.

The 5+ year returns on these decisions will be interesting to watch.
      The Seahawks are going to try to recreate what they did back in 2010. The problem is PC had a huge advantage back then. He had inside knowledge of all the players coming out of college. He no longer has that. which is why their drafts have been awful since 2015, with an exception here and there. In fact, since 2015 only 3 players they have taken have been above avg. The FAs have been just as bad. PC wants to run the ball, throw long and outside the numbers and play great defense. eh has said he wants to keep it close and win in the end. A couple of HUGE issues with that are that 1 you need a top 3 defense, and 2 you need a QB that can make magic when it counts. He does not have either anymore. PCs only words

"“I’ve been here a long time. And if we didn’t have Russell, I probably wouldn’t have been here a long time. Think of all the magic he’s created through the years,” Carroll said. “One of the winningest quarterbacks in the history of the NFL. ”

PC's history as an NFL HC without Wilson is barely 400. With Wilson over 600

PC took a 12-04 NE team and in 3 years they went 10-6, 9-7, 8-8. Worse and worse. He took a Jets team that was 8-8 down to 6-10.

His system is archaic and predictable and no matter how good another type of offense does for the HAwks he always reverts to his archaic system.

Just look at last year they brought in a new OC that was supposed to bring the Rams offense with all the motion but they went from top 5 in motion in games 1-3 to bottom 5 in games 4-15 and back to top 5 in games 16 and 17. Why because PC went back to his predictable offense.

The Hawks as an organization screwed up by letting Wilson go and keeping PC. but their screw-up is Denver's advantage.

Comment

• I still can not believe Wilson was actually available. Some without sources suggest he pushed his way out but imo a franchise should keep qbs like this.

Maybe Sea plans to do what Indy did and tank for the number 1 pick.
        Let's Ride!

Comment

I still can not believe Wilson was actually available. Some without sources suggest he pushed his way out but imo a franchise should keep qbs like this.

He did push his way out. No one needs sources to prove Wilson wanted out.

some without any good reason will blindly worship Wilson, believing he is perfect/the messiah.

Comment

I still can not believe Wilson was actually available. Some without sources suggest he pushed his way out but imo a franchise should keep qbs like this.

Seattle was interested in Lock going into the 2019 draft. While most Broncos fans view Lock as a “throw in” with the trade, Seattle got a guy they were intrigued with, along with a massive haul of draft picks. No telling how things will play out but Seattle got an opportunity to fully assess a QB they were interested in. Wilson needs to deliver exceptional results to justify the trade, especially knowing he’ll soon be looking for a huge contract.

Comment

He did not push his way out. Basically, he came to PC and his sons, PC had 2 sons who work for the hawks, with ideas and they laughed at him and told him to leave. that was the final straw. At that point, it was PC or Wilson and Paul Allen's sister who is not a football fan chose wrong. Mind you PC has tried to trade Wilson before. He does not believe his system needs a top QB being paid top money. He thinks any QB will do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
                He also took that NE team to a Super Bowl with Bledsoe as QB.
                I thought Bill Parcells was the coach?
                But I'm not sure?

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	9BBA7399-E031-4A8F-819C-8EE6CB525B0C.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	8419294I like what we’ve done at QB 😏
                  Love this Stat^^^ Good to know we have a QB that scrambles again, not really wanting to see him do it that often, but it's good to know he can. Gonna be some pass rushing going on this year in the AFCW...
                  [sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

But I'm not sure?
                    My bad Carroll took over the next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post
                      My bad Carroll took over the next season.
                      It's all good!

Comment

But I'm not sure?
                        That is incorrect Pete Carroll had never taken a team to the SB as an HC till the Hawks and only after he got Wilson.

NYJ did not even make the playoffs
                        NE made playoffs and lost every time without getting to the SB. The team before Carroll in NE made the Superbowl but that was Parcells they were 11-5. Every NE tam under Carroll got steadily worse
                        Seattle did not make the SB till They got Wilson despite having a top run game and defense in 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

That is incorrect Pete Carroll had never taken a team to the SB as an HC till the Hawks and only after he got Wilson.

NYJ did not even make the playoffs
                          NE made playoffs and lost every time without getting to the SB. The team before Carroll in NE made the Superbowl but that was Parcells they were 11-5. Every NE tam under Carroll got steadily worse
                          Seattle did not make the SB till They got Wilson despite having a top run game and defense in 2011
                          That's what I thought. I was never all that impressed with Pete Carroll. I respect him a little bit after his team demolished the Broncos in the Super bowl. But I certainly didn't think throwing the ball on the two yard line against the Patriots was a very good coaching decision? I was very happy that the Seahawks did not go back to back.
                          But, I still really can't believe he was on the two yard line, with a running back like beast mode, and didn't try to punch it in from the two yard line.

Comment

That's what I thought. I was never all that impressed with Pete Carroll. I respect him a little bit after his team demolished the Broncos in the Super bowl. But I certainly didn't think throwing the ball on the two yard line against the Patriots was a very good coaching decision? I was very happy that the Seahawks did not go back to back.
                            But, I still really can't believe he was on the two yard line, with a running back like beast mode, and didn't try to punch it in from the two yard line.
                            I agree about running. The thing about the play that baffled everyone is why would you take the most dangerous Qb in the league and lock him into a must-throw timing pattern to the middle of the field with your number 5 WR who never ran the play before, and using a much smaller Wr to try to get in the way of Browner who is not only bigger, and more physical but was a hawk the year before and knew the play. That has been the biggest rap on Carroll he is very predictable in his offense and defense and when put in a corner will always revert to it. If he wanted to throw it simply role Wilson out give him the option of throw, run or throw away, I guarantee he finds a way to score. I think, well know he was so surprised that Wilson got them there so quick that he did not know what to do so he went with the simple.
                            Last edited by Deandc; 06-22-2022, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

He did push his way out. No one needs sources to prove Wilson wanted out.

some without any good reason will blindly worship Wilson, believing he is perfect/the messiah.
                              Or.......some fans are just FINALLY happy we have a REAL QB that can win us ball games

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Or.......some fans are just FINALLY happy we have a REAL QB that can win us ball games
                                He did not force his way out. He was forced to leave if he wanted to win And some without any good reason will hate to hate and spread lies to validate their hate. Fyi the Oc he supposedly pushed out was just on several sports shows singing Wilson's praises proving once again this was bs.

Comment

Working...
                                X