Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franchise player
    Description

In professional sports, a franchise player is an athlete who is both the best player on their team and one that the team can build their "franchise" around for the foreseeable future. The term may be used alongside a particular position name to describe a player, such as a "franchise quarterback" in American football.

(So, I think Russell Wilson fits this definition????)

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
      Franchise player
      Description

In professional sports, a franchise player is an athlete who is both the best player on their team and one that the team can build their "franchise" around for the foreseeable future. The term may be used alongside a particular position name to describe a player, such as a "franchise quarterback" in American football.

(So, I think Russell Wilson fits this definition????)
      BING BING BING we have a winner

Comment

• So yeah, the Wilson Jerseys are the Home seller in the NFL this year. Not surprised, but still speaks volumes about the guy, and what I believe he will do for us, on the field, in the LR, and throughout the community.

Comment

• Only 5

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Maybe it’s just me but the context of talking about Wilson and playing games involves football.
            I agree it is just you, but again you didn't answer my question. Can you please quote the post(s) where a "coronation" of Russ took place? Once more I will repeat the comment you made which I'm asking about for your convenience. You said:

I understand people are excited to have Wilson. The coronation as if he’s already delivered because he landed in Denver is quite something to see. Sure hope he delivers - there’s going to be serious disappointment if he doesn’t deliver. I mean it’s as if he doesn’t have to play the games.
            I just want to see these posts for myself so I can join you in your criticism of coronating Russ before he played a game for us. I just want to know the context for myself without any interpretations. I'm sure you would never use a straw man fallacy (something made up) to make a point.

Also, I do appreciate how you are warning me how I will feel and if I will or won't be disappointed. Can I count on you to let me know if Russ doesn't live up to my expectations? BTW, this is another example of a straw man.

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
              I really don’t see what there is to complain about. The offense and QB play has been atrocious for the better part of 5 years. Wilson is a legit QB and he instantly makes the upcoming season more promising than it has been for years. Why quibble about stupid labels like “elite” and “franchise”? He’s the best QB we’ve had since Manning.

We shall see how it all pans out - the games still have to be played. But, c’mon, He’s a legit proven starter who can actually run an offense. The odds are good that the offense will be far better than it’s been for a long time.
              There isn't anything to complain about unless you are emotionally invested in some previous iteration of the Broncos or bitter about some change that was made leading up to this.
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

• We are very fortunate to have Russell Wilson. It's kind of silly to say that he's not elite or a franchise quarterback. He has had quite a career in the NFL. He beat Peyton Manning in the Super bowl and he was two yards away from beating Tom Brady in the Super bowl. He doesn't need a couple of words to explain what he means to a team. We will see how it all works out but I expect good things for a couple of years. I even think that he'll win an NFL MVP before he retires?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  So yeah, the Wilson Jerseys are the Home seller in the NFL this year. Not surprised, but still speaks volumes about the guy, and what I believe he will do for us, on the field, in the LR, and throughout the community.
                  If you use the "#" symbol followed by a number then you create a link to various parts of this site, depending on the number used. I've run across this myself a few times. You can avoid doing this by using № instead of "#" if you wish.
                  Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

We are very fortunate to have Russell Wilson. It's kind of silly to say that he's not elite or a franchise quarterback. He has had quite a career in the NFL. He beat Peyton Manning in the Super bowl and he was two yards away from beating Tom Brady in the Super bowl. He doesn't need a couple of words to explain what he means to a team. We will see how it all works out but I expect good things for a couple of years. I even think that he'll win an NFL MVP before he retires?
                    Just read any thread involving RW on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

If you use the "#" symbol followed by a number then you create a link to various parts of this site, depending on the number used. I've run across this myself a few times. You can avoid doing this by using № instead of "#" if you wish.
                      Thx....I hardly do this anymore, but for some reason I blow it every once in a while.

Comment

We are very fortunate to have Russell Wilson. It's kind of silly to say that he's not elite or a franchise quarterback. He has had quite a career in the NFL. He beat Peyton Manning in the Super bowl and he was two yards away from beating Tom Brady in the Super bowl. He doesn't need a couple of words to explain what he means to a team. We will see how it all works out but I expect good things for a couple of years. I even think that he'll win an NFL MVP before he retires?
                        Yes, and the players voted him the 12th best player in NFL last year and the 2nd best in 2020. That is pretty elite!
                        Unlike you, I don't want to project the success, but I do project that we will stop being one of the teams that loose the vast majority of tight games. We play in a division where I project all four teams will be really good. The Chiefs is the most feared team in NFL, Chargers has insane strengths and unrealized potential and Raiders has a strong balanced team, and a HC that is hated by many in Denver but who was instrumental in the changes that set the direction for the future. An brilliant football coach that was in way over his head at 32 years of age, but also did a lot of things right.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Yes, and the players voted him the 12th best player in NFL last year and the 2nd best in 2020. That is pretty elite!
                          Unlike you, I don't want to project the success, but I do project that we will stop being one of the teams that loose the vast majority of tight games. We play in a division where I project all four teams will be really good. The Chiefs is the most feared team in NFL, Chargers has insane strengths and unrealized potential and Raiders has a strong balanced team, and a HC that is hated by many in Denver but who was instrumental in the changes that set the direction for the future. An brilliant football coach that was in way over his head at 32 years of age, but also did a lot of things right.
                          2015 = 22nd
                          2016 = 17th
                          2017 = 24th
                          2018 = 11th
                          2019 = 25th
                          2020 = 2nd
                          2021 = 12th

yup, I'd say elite For your peers to consistently vote you on average inside the top 20 is massive respect.... ELITE even

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

2015 = 22nd
                            2016 = 17th
                            2017 = 24th
                            2018 = 11th
                            2019 = 25th
                            2020 = 2nd
                            2021 = 12th

yup, I'd say elite For your peers to consistently vote you on average inside the top 20 is massive respect.... ELITE even
                            I didn't realize that the trend was that he was getting better and better!

Comment

• 2015 = 22nd = Lost Super Bowl vs Patriots
                              2016 = 17th = Lost Division playoff vs Carolina
                              2017 = 24th = Lost Division playoff vs Atlanta
                              2018 = 11th = Lost Wildcard vs Cowboys
                              2019 = 25th = Lost Division playoff vs Packers
                              2020 = 2nd = Lost Wildcard playoff vs Rams
                              2021 = 12th = Missed playoffs

I’d be fine with Wilson not making the Top 100 and reversing the trend of losing in Division/Wildcard playoff games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                                2015 = 22nd = Lost Super Bowl vs Patriots
                                2016 = 17th = Lost Division playoff vs Carolina
                                2017 = 24th = Lost Division playoff vs Atlanta
                                2018 = 11th = Lost Wildcard vs Cowboys
                                2019 = 25th = Lost Division playoff vs Packers
                                2020 = 2nd = Lost Wildcard playoff vs Rams
                                2021 = 12th = Missed playoffs

I’d be fine with Wilson not making the Top 100 and reversing the trend of losing in Division/Wildcard playoff games.
                                Considering he was in the division with the Rams, 49rs and the few years a surging Cardinals team and he's still in the playoffs EVERY YEAR.....I'd say that's quite a feat. Now, he's in THE toughest division in football. If he gets us to the playoffs and gives us a chance at a title EVERY YEAR.....I'll take it. Plus, he can't reverse the trend if he's not in the playoffs, just saying
                                Last edited by JvDub95; 07-04-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X