Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Considering he was in the division with the Rams, 49rs and the few years a surging Cardinals team and he's still in the playoffs EVERY YEAR.....I'd say that's quite a feat. Now, he's in THE toughest division in football. If he gets us to the playoffs and gives us a chance at a title EVERY YEAR.....I'll take it. Plus, he can't reverse the trend if he's not in the playoffs, just saying
    49ers: 2 winning seasons in 7 years
    Rams: 5 winning seasons in 7 years (9-7 one of those seasons)
    Cardinals: 2 winning seasons in 7 years

Wilson played in a very weak division for most of his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

49ers: 2 winning seasons in 7 years
      Rams: 5 winning seasons in 7 years (9-7 one of those seasons)
      Cardinals: 2 winning seasons in 7 years

Wilson played in a very weak division for most of his career.
      So did some guy named Brady.

I'll check, but Brady probably had it easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

It's interesting how everyone said for years the NFC west was the toughest and now someone wants to belittle that as to the playoffs once again this Is a TEAM sport. U can be the best at your position in the NFL does not mean u will win.

Comment

He did much easier. So did Rodgers for a long time.

Comment

Let's look at Wilson's record against every team in the NFL

Hmm he only has a losing record against 3 teams.

Now to compare

Mahomes oh wait he has a losing record against 4 teams ah oh

Now let's look at SF record during Wilson's time in Seattle, not just the cherry-picked 7 seasons but the next time last I checked all 10 years count.

4 out of 10 winning seasons seems someone lied or purposely decided to cherry-pick facts

Now Rams

4 out of 10 hmm

Cardinals

4 winning seasons Hm once again someone lies or cherry-picked stats

So that means the NFC west minus Seattle had a .400% winning

Now let's compare for say, Brady

Jets

9 out of 19 winning seasons most 9-7

Bills
            4 out of 19 winning seasons

Miami
            7 out of 19 winning seasons

that means the AFC East had a .350% winning during Bradys time

Hmm

Now lets see Rodgers

Detroit

4 winning seasons out of 16

Bears

6 winning seasons out of 16

Vikings
            7 winning seasons out of 16

Their winning %

Hmm seems to me out of these 3 which include Wilson, the supposed GOAT, and the reigning MVP Wilson had the toughest division.

Comment

• The answer is yes NFC west was the toughest.

Comment

• Game over
                How does each division stack up in terms of team strength heading into the 2021 season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post
                  Game over
                  Is this the same Sports Illustrated that predicted the Patriots didn’t have a chance vs Rams in the Super Bowl in 2002?

Comment

• Oh and his 65% lifetime winning rate.

Comment

• Whether you like Russell Wilson or not, he’s the best quarterback the Broncos have had since Peyton Manning.

His playoff record is irrelevant at the moment. He’s on a new team with a different offensive philosophy. We don’t know yet if that is a positive or a negative change.

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx

LOL! Changing the goal posts again are you? Can's comment was directly related to the strength of divisions, then you suddenly deflect the conversation to Brady's playoff record. No...Brady played in the weakest division over the span of his entire career. I know, I know, he did very well. But that isn't the point. People with common sense understand that it isn't a rational argument to say Russ played in a weak division but Brady didn't. It's just a bad argument to make that it only affected Russ and not Brady.

If you're making the point the Brady has had a better career than Russ, then I agree. The more relevant question for Broncos fans is who will have the better career from this point forward?
                        There are several ways to go about supporting your statement, one of which is post number 2106 above by JvDub95. Another is the extent to which one team dominated its division. Tom Brady's career as a starting QB for the Pats began in 2001 and ended in 2019. He started the first game in 2008, but was injured and spent the rest of that season on IR.

During Brady's time in NE, the Patriots were the most dominant team in their division compared to all other teams in their own divisions. No other team is even close to the kind of domination the Pats exerted on the AFCE 2001-2019:

New England was 17-2 and Brady was 17-1 (missed 2008) The two seasons the Pats didn't win the division, they had the same record as the Division Champ, but lost on the tiebreakers (2002 both Jets and Pats were 9-7/2008 both 'Phins and the Bradyless Pats were 11-5);

The best team in the AFCN during that time was Pittsburgh at 9-10. Baltimore was second best at 6-13. Cincy was 4-15;

The best team in the AFCS during that time was Indy at 9-10. Houston was second best at 6-13. Tennessee won two and Jax one. There was no AFCS in 2001;

The AFCW was pretty balanced with both KC and Denver winning six Division Championships each. The Chargers won five during that time and Oakland two;

The best team in the NFCE during that time was Philly at 9-10. Dallas won five, NYG three and Washington two;

The best team in the NFCN and a distant second best to New England was Green Bay at 10-9. Chicago won five and Minnesota four;

The best team in the NFCS then was New Orleans at 6-13. Carolina was second best at 5-14. Atlanta won four and Tampa three. There was no NFCS in 2001;

The best team in the NFCW during Brady's NE career was Seattle at 8-11 (or, 8-10 accounting for the Hawks being in the AFCW in 2001) The Rams and Niners won four each and Arizona won three.

In 2001 (last year the NFL had six divisions) New England was 6-2 in the AFCE. They swept the division in 2007 & 2012; They went 5-1 in the division nine times ('03, '04, '05, '10, '11. '16. '17, '19) and 4-2 seven times ('02, '06, '08 without Brady, '09, '13' '14, '15) Such domination is due in part to the consistency of New England's HC and QB, but much is due to the lack of competition presented by the Miami Dolphins, New York Jets and Buffalo Bills. During Brady's time the Bills made two playoff appearances, the Jets six and Miami three.

There seems little question that the AFCE during Brady's tenure as starting QB for the New England Patriots was the weakest division in the NFL.

Last edited by samparnell; 07-05-2022, 04:48 PM. Reason: punctuation
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95
                          John Elway playoff record.....14-8
                          Dan Marino playoff record.....8-10
                          Jim Kelly playoff record......9-8
                          Peyton Manning playoff record.....14-13
                          Brett Favre playoff record.....12-10
                          Drew Brees playoff record.....9-9
                          Ben Roethlisberger record......13-9

notable active players

Aaron Rodgers playoff record.....12-10
                          Patrick Mahomes playoff record.....8-3
                          Lamar Jackson playoff record.....1-3
                          Matt Ryan playoff record.....4-6
                          Matt Stafford playoff record.....4-3
                          Josh Allen playoff recording.....3-3

Russell Wilson.....9-7

I'm having a hard time understanding why Wilson is so bad?? He's got another 8-10 years in him and will more than likely finish with a winning playoffs record.....what's the problem??
                          You’re the only one who mentioned bad in the same sentence with Wilson.

That playoff record has most of those wins stacked in the first half of his career. Wilson hasn’t been past the a division playoff since losing to the Patriots. If he can get to the playoffs again we’ll get to see if he can break past the division round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

You’re the only one who mentioned bad in the same sentence with Wilson.

That playoff record has most of those wins stacked in the first half of his career. Wilson hasn’t been past the a division playoff since losing to the Patriots. If he can get to the playoffs again we’ll get to see if he can break past the division round.
                            Fair enough, you haven't come out and actually said he was a bad QB but you have been against him in general. What QB available through trade or free agents were going to make us better?

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                              Fair enough, you haven't come out and actually said he was a bad QB but you have been against him in general. What QB available through trade or free agents were going to make us better?
                              I haven’t been against him in general. I’ve correctly pointed out he’s trended in the wrong direction in the playoffs since 2015 - that isn’t being against someone.

Would have waited to draft Brennan Armstrong.

Comment

• Last edited by Deandc; 07-05-2022, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X