X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for bad Twitter link weird posting on My cell for some reason

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post
      Missed the playoffs in 2021 and 1-3 in the playoffs in those 4 seasons. Passer ratings mean nothing if you don’t advance in the playoffs.

Comment

• .661 career winning percentage. 5th all time

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

I haven’t been against him in general. I’ve correctly pointed out he’s trended in the wrong direction in the playoffs since 2015 - that isn’t being against someone.

Would have waited to draft Brennan Armstrong.
          The problem I have with waiting to draft an individual is you don't know if you're are going to be able to land said individual. Everybody wanted Andrew Luck, everybody wanted Trever Lawrence. Denver was supposedly very high on Trey Lance. None of which were reachable. Unless you purposely tank and guarantee yourself that top pick you aren't getting "the guy".

Denver in their entire history have never drafted 1st overall. Waiting to draft "the guy" might never come. I'd gladly give up what we gave up to land a guy like Wilson and still be able to hopefully get 8-10 years out of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

The problem I have with waiting to draft an individual is you don't know if you're are going to be able to land said individual. Everybody wanted Andrew Luck, everybody wanted Trever Lawrence. Denver was supposedly very high on Trey Lance. None of which were reachable. Unless you purposely tank and guarantee yourself that top pick you aren't getting "the guy".

Denver in their entire history have never drafted 1st overall. Waiting to draft "the guy" might never come. I'd gladly give up what we gave up to land a guy like Wilson and still be able to hopefully get 8-10 years out of him.
            Wilson was drafted…in the 3rd round.

Hope is right for 8-10 years with a QB who depends a lot on a quick burst to evade defenders moving out of the pocket. Wilson’s burst already dropped off some and he’s 33. Better scenario than trading for Rodgers from that standpoint. Look at how cornerbacks fall off a cliff at Wilson’s age - sure it’s a different position but Wilson relied a ton on his athleticism and quickness. We’re not even accounting for how much his next contract will cost and impact to the rest of the roster.

If Wilson doesn’t deliver beyond what he’s done over the last 5 years, odds are high the Broncos will once again be in QB purgatory again in 4-5 years.

Comment

• With the quarterback situation stabilized in Denver, hopefully we can find the next quarterback in the upcoming years, without having any pressure on us, because we should have decent quarterback play for 3 to 5 years? It doesn't really matter what we pay for a QB, because everybody else has to pay basically the same price.
              Hopefully everything works out with Russell Wilson, and he's our quarterback for the near future and beyond, but if he does a "Joe Flacco" on us, that's the risk that you take.

(And, I think it's a good risk to take.)

Comment

Wilson was drafted…in the 3rd round.

Hope is right for 8-10 years with a QB who depends a lot on a quick burst to evade defenders moving out of the pocket. Wilson’s burst already dropped off some and he’s 33. Better scenario than trading for Rodgers from that standpoint. Look at how cornerbacks fall off a cliff at Wilson’s age - sure it’s a different position but Wilson relied a ton on his athleticism and quickness. We’re not even accounting for how much his next contract will cost and impact to the rest of the roster.

If Wilson doesn’t deliver beyond what he’s done over the last 5 years, odds are high the Broncos will once again be in QB purgatory again in 4-5 years.
                I get that, but how many QBs have the Broncos drafted or kicked the tires on? They haven't found success through the draft and not many teams do unless they are drafting 1st overall or top 5 range. Brady is 100 years old and still having success. I know, they are different styles but taking care of yourself is key and Wilson does that. Even if it is just 5 years that's still better than 5 years of more failed experiments while the the rest of the division is soaring

Comment

I haven’t been against him in general. I’ve correctly pointed out he’s trended in the wrong direction in the playoffs since 2015 - that isn’t being against someone.

Would have waited to draft Brennan Armstrong.
                  So it's a fact that we just sit and wait, and draft this guy. It just happens that way? Piece of cake.

Hmmm....glad you're not the GM.

Comment

• Sports Illustrated: Russell Wilson Lauds the Leadership, Vision of Broncos' HC Nathaniel Hackett.
                    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...dership-vision

Comment

Well, first he is not telling the truth that is not the only thing he has said. @nd drafting for a franchise Qb very hard. and the percentages of success very low. Ask the Jets.

Comment

I get that, but how many QBs have the Broncos drafted or kicked the tires on? They haven't found success through the draft and not many teams do unless they are drafting 1st overall or top 5 range. Brady is 100 years old and still having success. I know, they are different styles but taking care of yourself is key and Wilson does that. Even if it is just 5 years that's still better than 5 years of more failed experiments while the the rest of the division is soaring
                        His assessment of Willson is based on his early career. If you look at his last couple of years he has been more of a pocket passer and still performed extremely well.

Comment

Not like the Broncos had success with the laundry list of veterans since Manning, right.

The rest of the division and league is soaring with…drafted quarterbacks.

Comment

• .661 career winning percentage. 5th all time

As to trends well when healthy the last 3 healthy years were

2018 10-6
                            2019 11-5
                            2020 12-4

Hmm every year better

.688 winning when healthy

Avg Stats when healthy

3923 yards
                            500 attempts (50 less than avg of the other top QBs)
                            7.8 ypa
                            35 tds
                            25 ints
                            1.4 td/int
                            107 passer
                            67 complete %

Last edited by Deandc; 07-06-2022, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Not like the Broncos had success with the laundry list of veterans since Manning, right.

The rest of the division and league is soaring with…drafted quarterbacks.
                              Hence... the reason we traded for Wilson...

Comment

Hence... the reason we traded for Wilson...
                                Soaring the league and division

the last 2 SB were won by teams who went and got veteran QBs.

Raiders have Avg 7 wins in the David Car era that is far from soaring

Chargers avg 8 wins in the Herbert era that's far from soaring

Now Mahomes I will give you KC avg 12 wins

Wilson avg 10 wins. And that includes 2 injury seasons. 1 where he played all season injured the other where he missed games.

So the whole soaring things are well wrong

Last edited by Deandc; 07-06-2022, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X