Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

Soaring the league and division

the last 2 SB were won by teams who went and got veteran QBs.

Raiders have Avg 7 wins in the David Car era that is far from soaring

Chargers avg 8 wins in the Herbert era that's far from soaring

Now Mahomes I will give you KC avg 12 wins

Wilson avg 10 wins.

So the whole soaring things is well wrong

Good and valid points

Comment

• NBC Sports: Bradley Chubb: It’s been fun to have Nathaniel Hackett and Russell Wilson come in.
      https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ilson-come-in/

Comment

Soaring the league and division

the last 2 SB were won by teams who went and got veteran QBs.

Raiders have Avg 7 wins in the David Car era that is far from soaring

Chargers avg 8 wins in the Herbert era that's far from soaring

Now Mahomes I will give you KC avg 12 wins

Wilson avg 10 wins. And that includes 2 injury seasons. 1 where he played all season injured the other where he missed games.

So the whole soaring things are well wrong
        Missed all these QBs in the playoffs drafted not long ago:

Joe Burrow
        Josh Allen
        Mac Jones
        Dak Prescott
        Jalen Hurts
        Kyler Murray

Comment

• It's nice to see all the positive press about Russell Wilson being the starting quarterback of the Denver Broncos!!!

It really was a blockbuster trade!!!!

Hopefully it works out.

Comment

• There are no guarantees in sports. It kind of cracks me up that people act like there are.

The only thing you can do is increase or decrease your chances for contention. Wilson increases our chances. The degree to which is purely speculation at this point, but in my opinion our chances are increased significantly by the addition of Wilson.

We shall see how it plays out, but as of now this is the most promising roster we’ve had in many years IMO.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
              There are no guarantees in sports. It kind of cracks me up that people act like there are.

The only thing you can do is increase or decrease your chances for contention. Wilson increases our chances. The degree to which is purely speculation at this point, but in my opinion our chances are increased significantly by the addition of Wilson.

We shall see how it plays out, but as of now this is the most promising roster we’ve had in many years IMO.
              Best post of the thread by far. 2 thumbs UP

Comment

• Wouldn't it be great if RW could play at a high level just like Tom Brady has done till he's 45? And The Broncos could get like 8 years or more, out of RW !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                  Wouldn't it be great if RW could play at a high level just like Tom Brady has done till he's 45? And The Broncos could get like 8 years or more, out of RW !!!

Yup who knows maybe.

Comment

Yup who knows maybe.
                    Well, if he plays well till he's 40, we can get six or seven years out of him!

That would make the trade that much better!!!!

Comment

• It will take more than just the number of years Wilson stays with the team to make the trade worth it. Multiple trips to the playoffs( and possibly even a Super Bowl appearance) are what’s needed to make the trade worth it.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                        It will take more than just the number of years Wilson stays with the team to make the trade worth it. Multiple trips to the playoffs( and possibly even a Super Bowl appearance) are what’s needed to make the trade worth it.
                        Absolutely! He has to play at a high level for three or four years to make the trade worth it.
                        (We definitely have to make the playoffs.) There's no guarantees in the playoffs, or in the Super bowl.
                        If he can play at a high level for more than 5 years, then It becomes a great trade!!!!

Comment

• The fact that we have Wilson on our team is still mind blowing to me!!

We have in our division Mahomes (arguably THE best QB in the NFL) Herbert (no question one of the youngest and best QB with the most upside) and Carr (probably the most underrated QB in the league).

Outside of our division we have to attempt to get past Josh Allen, Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson. The AFC has never been so talent heavy.

When Wilson is done in Denver we are going to look back and be grateful we got to watch history!! No division and conference have ever been this loaded!! If Wilson can lead Denver to the playoffs and put us in contention that's all we can ask of him.

of course we all want division crowns, we all want playoff births and we all want championships!! The AFC is going to be so hard to navigate through just making it to the playoffs is going to be an extremely huge accomplishment.

Denver HAD TO make this move for wilson because we would be looking at a playoff drought that would continue into the double digits without him. I don't need to see super bowl appearances to know this trade was worth it. One player does make all the difference!! We have a QB that gives us a chance!!

Comment

• Well 5 games is not much of a trend. According to statistics it takes a minimum of 10 be able to call something a trend.

That said again
                            9-7 in the play offs.
                            ​​Her is another trend under his idea. 4 and 0. That number of 100+ passer ratings in the last for years. Only QB to do that. I can go on and on. Another tend 8-2 times in the playoffs. Another 9-1 w8nning record years. As much as I hate, not really, to tell him there are way more.positice trends then negative. So deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

Absolutely! He has to play at a high level for three or four years to make the trade worth it.
                              (We definitely have to make the playoffs.) There's no guarantees in the playoffs, or in the Super bowl.
                              If he can play at a high level for more than 5 years, then It becomes a great trade!!!!
                              Not this year, but a SB appearance at the least is required in the next 4-5 years I understand the thought of not trying to get your expectations too high,but the fact is you don’t trade away all those assets, along with the mega contract that you’re going to give RW just to make the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post
                                Not this year, but a SB appearance at the least is required in the next 4-5 years I understand the thought of not trying to get your expectations too high,but the fact is you don’t trade away all those assets, along with the mega contract that you’re going to give RW just to make the playoffs.
                                Well, yeah you kinda do because since Manning.....

Trevor Siemian
                                Paxton Lynch
                                Brock Osweiler
                                Case Keenum
                                Joe Flacco
                                Brandon Allen
                                Jeff Driskel
                                Brent Rypien
                                Bridgewater
                                Lock

And no playoffs in between. You trade what we traded for the hope that this one man can get us back there. The playoffs are a different monster and extremely hard to win in. If Wilson gets us there, job 1 is done. If Wilson gets us to AFC championship game the trade already paid off and if we are lucky enough to win a title he'll be on the Bronco ring of fame.

People are so hung up on the trade and what we gave up and the contract he'll get. Who cares!!! We are going to have to pay that contract eventually!! We pay it to a future hall of famer thats a proven winner!!

Outside of Tom Brady no QB wins multiple titles in a 5-8 year window. Its just too hard to do. All we can ask of our leader is to put us in contention....that is GET US TO THE PLAYOFFS

Comment

Working...
                                X