No announcement yet.

Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think there's a good chance that RW can win an NFL MVP with our coaching staff and scheme.
    I don't think there was ever a chance that Trevor could have been an NFL MVP????

(It's just over the top, outrageous, to compare the two quarterbacks.)

Comment

• Sorry. Thread closed for cleaning.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Open for Business!!!

Comment

• The Russell Wilson acquisition was a done deal four months ago. If this thread is indicative, most think it was a great move, very few don't like it, some are withholding judgement contingent on how much success it provides, and some regard it as an upgrade which will result in a new chapter for Russell and rookie HC Nate Hackett. Looking backward and arguing over tortured stats is limited for imagining what Denver's new offense will look like on the field with Russell quarterbacking.

TC is about two weeks away. Reports will come from TC and the Broncos will practice with the Cowboys before their game/scrimmage on 13 August followed by preseason contests with the Bills (20 August) and Vikes (27 August) Time flies and the season will begin in two months. The start of a new football season is exciting for coaches, players and most fans. For Denver, it's a time for optimism with new ownership, almost completely new coaching staff and nearly half of the TC roster consisting of new faces.

It is out of the ordinary for fans of a team to rain on the parade of the advent of their new season. Usually pessimism sets in after one's team experiences setbacks after the season is underway. It is common for fans of one team to attempt to diminish the prospects of rivals and is easily identified as such. As the season begins, discouraging words can be drowned out by the mantra, "Next play is the best play!"
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I'm looking forward to football this year!
            It's not every year you acquire a possible, future, Hall of Fame quarterback to your roster!

Last edited by Capt. Jack; 07-11-2022, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              I'm looking forward to football this year!
              It's not every year you acquire a possible, future, Hall of Fame quarterback to your roster!

Agreed, it will definitely make things more fun.

Comment

• https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ankings-top-10

Comment

• According to league executives, coaches, scouts and players in ESPN’s survey, Justin Herbert is ranked ahead of Russell Wilson.

Remember when we had the debate on Justin Herbert and Russell Wilson? I had Herbert ahead of Wilson. League executives, coaches, scouts and players agree with my assessment.

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                    According to league executives, coaches, scouts and players in ESPN’s survey, Justin Herbert is ranked ahead of Russell Wilson.

Remember when we had the debate on Justin Herbert and Russell Wilson? I had Herbert ahead of Wilson. League executives, coaches, scouts and players agree with my assessment.

Thank you.
                    I would give an edge to Herbert, mostly on projecting what he will become. But I didn't realize the Chargers were willing to trade him to us, a division rival. How much were the Chargers asking for Herbert?

Comment

• Yeah I saw that list but for me, it relies mostly on last season where he was hurt, and the season before where PC pulled back in the offense because his defense was sucking. PFF has him ranked 4th so lists are like anything truthfully it's just the opinion of the writer.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

I would give an edge to Herbert, mostly on projecting what he will become. But I didn't realize the Chargers were willing to trade him to us, a division rival. How much were the Chargers asking for Herbert?
                        The debate wasn’t about whether or not a trade was possible, or what they would have asked in exchange - it was about where the quarterbacks rated. I had Herbert ahead of Wilson and the league, coaches, scouts and players agree.

Comment

• No one on this planet thinks Trevor freakin Siemien is as good as or better than Russell Wilson. I think they put you in a straight jacket and a padded room for thinking things like that.

I may not think that Wilson is necessarily a great quarterback, I do, however, think he can be great for the Broncos.
                          Last edited by broncolee; 07-13-2022, 06:15 PM.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

The debate wasn’t about whether or not a trade was possible, or what they would have asked in exchange - it was about where the quarterbacks rated. I had Herbert ahead of Wilson and the league, coaches, scouts and players agree.
                            I don't care how you rate QBs. This is a Russell Wilson to Denver thread and I am not obligated in any way to follow your preferences. I asked you a question.

BTW, you also said that Trevor Siemien is the best QB Denver could possibly have...because he "won" a Super Bowl. That's the difference between me and you. I agreed that I'd give Herbert the edge, but I never tried to make a claim that Siemien is better than Russ based on winning a Super Bowl as a third-string QB. You probably don't want to gloat too much just yet about your QB scouting skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Preseason rankings await the season for corroboration.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                                No one on this planet thinks Trevor freakin Simien is as good as or better than Russell Wilson. I think they put you in a straight jacket and a padded room for thinking things like that.

I may not think that Wilson is necessarily a great quarterback, I do, however, think he can be great for the Broncos.
                                "A mind is a terrible thing to lose." ~ Dan Quayle

Comment

Working...
                                X