Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Since he arrived in Seattle who was 7-9 he has delivered 8 playoff berths in 10 years!
    You still haven’t explained how the Seahawks with the legion of boom went from 7-9 to all the sudden 11-5 with Wilson. You give them all the credit but yet they couldn’t even get in the playoffs before Russ!

Wilson has carried Seattle, something Brock couldn’t do in Houston, Denver, or Miami

You are painting Brock as this great QB, why is he retired at 31 years of age?

No one painted Brock as a great QB. He did however make a significant contribution to the Broncos Super Bowl season. Von Miller agreed with me by noting Brock’s contribution.

I’ll praise Russell Wilson if he can win in the playoffs with the Broncos. Otherwise he will have accomplished no more than Brock Osweiler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

No one painted Brock as a great QB. He did however make a significant contribution to the Broncos Super Bowl season. Von Miller agreed with me by noting Brock’s contribution.

I’ll praise Russell Wilson if he can win in the playoffs with the Broncos. Otherwise he will have accomplished no more than Brock Osweiler.
      Wow....Von Miller knows you!! I guess that trumps the rest of us.

Comment

Simple their defense went from allowing 20 points a game to 14. Wilson gets partial credit for 26th ranked 202 yards per game in 2013.
        Wilson moved them from the 23rd ranked offense in pts scored to the 9th. He put the team over the top.

The Seahawks went from 7th to 1st in pts allowed because all the sudden they had the lead in games and could be more aggressive, going from good to great!
        sigpic

Comment

Wilson moved them from the 23rd ranked offense in pts scored to the 9th. He put the team over the top.

The Seahawks went from 7th to 1st in pts allowed because all the sudden they had the lead in games and could be more aggressive, going from good to great!
          Marshawn Lynch carried the offense with the 6th best rushing yards in 2013. Russell Wilson was a game manager with 202 pass yards per game - 26th near bottom of the league.

Comment

The Seahawks went from 7th to 1st in pts allowed because all a sudden they had the lead in games and could be more aggressive, going from good to great!
            First, the offense in 2013 was 339 yards per game not 202. Of that 339 yards per game Wilson accounted for 72% of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

First, the offense in 2013 was 339 yards per game not 202. Of that 339 yards per game Wilson accounted for 72% of them.
              202 pass yards per game was the stat quoted, not total offensive yards.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/tea...L&sort=rushypg

Comment

Marshawn Lynch carried the offense with the 6th best rushing yards in 2013. Russell Wilson was a game manager with 202 pass yards per game - 26th near bottom of the league.
                Interesting, I remember Lynch and that defense being together in 2011 and going 7-9 and then 11-5 with Russ. I’m know sherlock holmes but seems like when the only thing that changes is the QB and the team goes from 7-9 to 11-5, I would give the QB some credit, that’s just me! I’m sure if it was Brock you would be singing a different tune!
                sigpic

Comment

Interesting, I remember Lynch and that defense being together in 2011 and going 7-9 and then 11-5 with Russ. I’m know sherlock holmes but seems like when the only thing that changes is the QB and the team goes from 7-9 to 11-5, I would give the QB some credit, that’s just me! I’m sure if it was Brock you would be singing a different tune!
                  Ahh lets see the facts

So first the Hawks were ranked 4th in rushing. Lynch was ranked 6th, and Wilson was ranked 1st amongst QBs with 539 yards. Wilson was also ranked 9th in tds, 3rd in td/int, 7th in passer rating, 4th in ypa, So sorry once FDacts show you know who is wrong

Comment

Defenses improve - they jumped to +20 turnover differential in 2013 from +8 turnovers in 2011, driven primarily by the defense jumping from 31 to 39 takeaways.

Seahawks offense improved 8 yards passing per game, from 194 in 2011 to 202 in 2013.

Comment

Glad you brought up the defense. Wilson was a contributor to the Seahawks 2013 Super Bowl run. But he wasn’t the primary reason they won the Super Bowl. The Legion of Boom was.

Until Wilson leads the Broncos to the playoffs and wins, he hasn’t accomplished more than Osweiler for the Broncos.
                      Still waiting for you to answer the questions that I have posed....
                      sigpic

Comment

Wilson had just 202 yards per game in 2013.

Defense allowed 14.4 points per game in 2013, fewest in the league.

No Legion of Boom > No playoff success as evidenced by the Seahawks failing to advance past the division round since 2015.
                        I will agree without the defense playing well they dont win the SB that year.

But they also dont win, without Wilson playing well.
                        sigpic

Comment

The league, coaches, scouts and players align with my assessment that Herbert is rated higher than Wilson. I don’t need to re-read anything.
                          Yes, yes you do.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

Yes, yes you do.
                            First not every coach, player or expert so stop the lies, 2nd most are based on last year Wilson missed some games due to injury and played injured.
                            I
                            In fact, all you need to do is go to ESPN passer ranking rankings guess what Wilson 5, Herbert 11

PFF Wilson 10 Herbert 18

I can go on.

Again Herbert is a Volume passer who has yet to win anything of note.
                            Last edited by Deandc; 07-14-2022, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Re-opened.

Please keep the banter lively as well as respectful.

Friendly Reminders:
                              • Repeating posts can be considered SPAM.
                              • There is an ignore feature to block posts from specific users
                              • Abuse of the reporting system may result in an infraction (use wisdom and judgement, we want reports)
                              • Trolling is trolling no matter the side of an argument.
                              Last edited by Rastic; 07-14-2022, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Don't understand this thread continues like this.... don't "feed" into the narrative of Russell Wilson being a failure.....

Just let it be ......just let it be
                                Lol! ?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X