Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I love how all the Raiders fans out there still think that they're going to sweep is again even though we have an actual QB this year.

We may not have an elite top 3 qb but Russ is way better than anything we've had in a while. I think he'll surprise some people, his line in Seattle was awful for a while and Pete Carroll didn't want to play to his strengths.
    He is the best we have had since Manning. I think his addition to our offense will give the Broncos the opportunity to win some division games this year. I'm not even counting us out against KC, which I have the last couple years. Hope a change from Pete to Hackett lets Wilson show everyone exactly how elite he is though and we see the Broncos as serious contenders in our division this year.
    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
    Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Just curious are people actually trying to say they do not think Wilson is a good qb.

Think I am reading this correct when I think the discussion is just how good is he?

Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        Just curious are people actually trying to say they do not think Wilson is a good qb.

Think I am reading this correct when I think the discussion is just how good is he?
        I'm pretty excited about the acquisition (not to be confused with the inquisition being conducted by some here) of a QB the caliber of Russell Wilson. Have thought for a while that Denver was a QB away from being very competitive having good personnel in every other spot. Now we have new ownership, leadership, coaching staff and offense. Time to play some ball.

BLAM! BLAM!
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• This will be an exciting year.
          New owners with deep pockets, an offense-minded head coach, a fired-up defense, a QB that can run effectively and pass accurately, and RBs that can catch as well as run the ball.
          I think a great deal will depend on the level of diversity in the WR route trees and the ability of the coaching staff to properly mix it up to provide a balanced attack on offense.

Whether Pete Carroll was a great coach that made Russell Willson better or whether Russell Wilson was a great QB that made Pete Carroll better, is really only relative to the Seahawks of the past and not to the Broncos of the future. What we will discover this year is how well Nathaniel Hackett adapts to the skillset of Russell Wilson and how well Russell Wilson can execute a Nathaniel Hackett game plan.

We may also learn whether Drew Lock can execute a Pete Carrol game plan, although that really won't matter to the Broncos at this point unless we are considering going after Pete Carroll when the Seahawks owners are done with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

I'm pretty excited about the acquisition (not to be confused with the inquisition being conducted by some here) of a QB the caliber of Russell Wilson. Have thought for a while that Denver was a QB away from being very competitive having good personnel in every other spot. Now we have new ownership, leadership, coaching staff and offense. Time to play some ball.

BLAM! BLAM!
            I Agree,
            BLAM! BLAM!

Comment

• Well the Cowboys HC likes the move.Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1660338676656.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	8421982

Comment

BLAM! BLAM!
                I agree. Last year we were not far off from playoff contention. With our weakest link being QB and special teams. We had a very good defense, we had playmakers all over the offense, aside from qb. What we lacked offensively, was a consistent threat to convert those 3rd and 5s into 1st and 10s. Wilson gives us that, and more. The last few years, opposing defenses more or less ignored our passing game, just paying enough attention that it didnt hurt them too much. Instead they focused on slowing the run. Well, last year our ground game was good enough to do reasonably well, despite that. With Wilson, for the first time since '14, we have a QB very capable of making a defense pay for playing us like that. This *should* result in more opportunities for us, both running passing by fielding a team that can hurt you either way.

Now, if we could just improve our special teams coverage units.....
                Last edited by MH Stampede; 08-12-2022, 03:50 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Herd the Wilson argument put the best way I have seen it this morning

Wilson is a HoF qb....we just trying to figure out if he should be first ballot or not.

Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    Heard the Wilson argument put the best way I have seen it this morning

Wilson is a HoF qb....we just trying to figure out if he should be first ballot or not.
                    I heard him described as a mobile Drew Brees.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

I heard him described as a mobile Drew Brees.
                      It's an interesting comparison. Unlike Bress, Russ has played most of his career in a conservative Pete Carroll O in an open air home stadium and yet averages around the same TDs per season (roughly 29). Brees did sustain that over 20 years though, which is quite an achievement.

My personal view is that if Russ is given the licence to lead a pass heavy O, he could average 40+TDs for every year he remains in Denver.
                      Last edited by GMTD; 08-22-2022, 03:48 PM.

Comment

BLAM! BLAM!

Please enter a message with at least 10 characters

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Hackett made it "official", Russ will not play in the 3rd preseason game, not a surprise. He also stated today that Rypien would start the game against the Vikings ... Brett did hit 22 of 26 passes in Buffalo for a QB rating of 110... I'd say he earned the opportunity. I am looking forward to seeing how he does.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                            Hackett made it "official", Russ will not play in the 3rd preseason game, not a surprise. He also stated today that Rypien would start the game against the Vikings ... Brett did hit 22 of 26 passes in Buffalo for a QB rating of 110... I'd say he earned the opportunity. I am looking forward to seeing how he does.
                            I guess he doesn't need any preseason snaps, he'll be able to beat Drew Lock and Seattle easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

I guess he doesn't need any preseason snaps, he'll be able to beat Drew Lock and Seattle easily.
                              That better be what happens.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

That better be what happens.
                                I think even Elway took some preseason snaps didn't he???
                                It would be a disaster if Drew Lock lit it up, and RW stunk up the place.
                                Every game during the season is important, and we need to come out on the right foot and win the first game especially against Drew Lock and Seattle.

Comment

Working...
                                X