Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

The Broncos can free up to 70 mil just by converting roster bonuses to signing bonuses. It isn’t ideal down the road but they have enough room to play around with to make something happen if they choose
    Yeah true that would be really nice. I'm not too worried about cap space right now.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post

Yeah true that would be really nice. I'm not too worried about cap space right now.
      we need OLB MLB RT in FA imo....then draft a DB S DL etc etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post

Worried, no. But the cap has to be a consideration as the Broncos enter this new era. Wilson getting the above mentioned $44m per yr contract has to be accounted for. And any contract manipulation that causes cap to be kicked down the road has implications too.

I get that the cap gurus can conjure cap space out of thin air when they want to. But at some point the Piper needs to be paid.

Why do you think quality players surprisingly hit the market every year? To offset the cost of the QB mega contracts. Just the price of doing business. Going to be interesting to see how the Broncos handle the issue. They are in a win-now with Wilson. 3-4 years down the road, be damned! That’s a budget headache field another day.

Comment

• Originally posted by No_Fly_Zone50 View Post
          Looking like JC Jackson to the Chargers should be announced soon…. 👀 that defense is becoming for real.
          Don’t know where you saw this at, but there’s a fake Adam Schefter account perpetrating this. I haven’t seen anything else out there to back this up so far

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Where are you getting 3.1% at? The only time I see it in that article is when it says that all of all passing plays ran at the 1. But that doesn’t indicate that running a slant only has a 3.1% chance of getting picked given it generally isn’t the go to route on the one yard line. That doesn’t even take into account the personnel on the field. The Seahawks were in something of a stack formation which is an indicator that there’s going to be some type of pick coming, the Patriots countered by putting Browner to attack the pick man. Browner wasn’t a great CB but he could press the hell out of a WR especially one who isn’t really even trying to run a route. He eliminated the pick allowing Butler to read and react, and since he’s already got eyes in the backfield because you have to watch for a run in that situation it made for an easy play to make, he just had to get there in time.

Lynch may not have got in from the 1, but with a timeout in your back pocket there was no reason not to give him a shot given the run that he was on during that stretch. Even a QB sneak and just reaching the ball over would’ve been better. Having the timeout is what makes that the worst call, if they didn’t have the timeout yeah sure pass it because then you can have potentially 3 chances vs 2 if you run and don’t get in. But running a slant when every DB is positioning themselves to help in the run game isn’t a good call.
            Well, it was under a minute with the ball at the +1 and the clock was rolling after Lynch rushed 4 yards from the +5. Before Seattle lined up, just about everyone was expecting Lynch to get the ball. But, Seattle decided they wanted to throw a pass for the score. In that situation, what's the best kind of pass? That would be play action.

However, PAP must be sold to the D. A good start is lining up in a formation that looks like you're serious about running the ball. The ball was on the left hash, so if they had lined up in Wing I Right, I guarantee you that any decent D would look at that Wing and the Fullback and might have shifted the GL look over one gap and put two at Backer depth over the Guards. If Seattle had put a backup G at Fullback depth, it would have definitely sold the idea that a run was coming.

From that, Seattle could have had Wilson Boot out from the meshpoint and attempt a pass which would have stopped the clock if incomplete. Or, if a Slant was what they wanted, he could have taken a three step drop and thrown to the X on the split side, but with a defender in all seven gaps, the throwing lane might not have been there.

The clock was moving and gotta think fast. Sideline playcallers have those playsheets that are the size of two placemats laminated, color coded, cross-referenced and categorized by situation. One wonders if all those plays have been practiced.

Instead, they lined up in Spread Gun with Twins Right with the off guy outside announcing Slant. That wasn't very deceptive. D would have bitten hard on a run heavy look and Wilson Booting out opposite play action could have given him more options. If it didn't work, still had a TO and two more downs. I can see this clearly now right through my hind-quarters.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Well we got our guy...now The Steelers have theirs....Trubisky.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Well we got our guy...now The Steelers have theirs....Trubisky.

Haha have fun Steelers fans with Trubisky.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

Keep in mind they declined to prosecute. eh also claimed the 5th in his deposition. And he has 22 lawsuits coming. He also said he wanted this all out in the open but then claims the 5th. That does not sound like someone who wants it out in the open. It sounds like a guy hiding something, 22 women who don't even know each other. where there's smoke there is fire.
                  I disagree a lot of client's are told to do the. Lawyers are very good and twisting your words and manipulating certain situations. Everyone will have their own views on this. Him pleading the 5th doesn’t mean he's not telling the truth. You say where there is smoke there is fire. He could have settler this outta court and had them sign NDA'S, take his year suspension from the league and been playing now. You can look at things more than 1 way.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I disagree a lot of client's are told to do the. Lawyers are very good and twisting your words and manipulating certain situations. Everyone will have their own views on this. Him pleading the 5th doesn’t mean he's not telling the truth. You say where there is smoke there is fire. He could have settler this outta court and had them sign NDA'S, take his year suspension from the league and been playing now. You can look at things more than 1 way.
                    Don’t care about Watson. Broncos found their QB and are not in the mix for him.

Just glad he will be another team’s problem and just an NFL update for whatever he gets for his actions.

Comment

• Nice article breaking everything down.11
                      A 2018 pro day, an out-of-the-way Indianapolis bar and a valet ticket contributed to an NFL megadeal. Plus, Tom Brady is back, Aaron Rodgers stayed, a free agency preview and more.

Comment

I disagree a lot of client's are told to do the. Lawyers are very good and twisting your words and manipulating certain situations. Everyone will have their own views on this. Him pleading the 5th doesn’t mean he's not telling the truth. You say where there is smoke there is fire. He could have settler this outta coThen Watson should have kept his mouth shut instead of saying I want it all out in the open. Thurt and had them sign NDA'S, take his year suspension from the league and been playing now. You can look at things more than 1 way.
                        Then Watson should have kept his mouth shut sooner, When he said I want everything out in the open and then plead the 5th that is very bad optics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

Then Watson should have kept his mouth shut sooner, When he said I want everything out in the open and then plead the 5th that is very bad optics.
                          I know you all pro Russell dude and that's fine. But that's your opinion. Yes I'm one of the few that would have preferred watson over Russell if he was found innocent. Like I said happy we got Russell for 4 years Maybe 5. Hopefully be in good position for a qb 2025/2026
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Maybe Teddy Bridgewater on a cheap contract could be a backup?

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              Maybe Teddy Bridgewater on a cheap contract could be a backup?
                              I wouldn't mind that at all.
                              sigpic

Comment

I know you all pro Russell dude and that's fine. But that's your opinion. Yes I'm one of the few that would have preferred watson over Russell if he was found innocent. Like I said happy we got Russell for 4 years Maybe 5. Hopefully be in good position for a qb 2025/2026
                                Being Pro Russ has nothing to di with it. It sismple

1. his cap hit is over 40 mil for the next 2 year
                                2. he has 20+ civil lawsuits going on
                                3. the NFl may still suspend him
                                4. the prosecutor can come back if more info comes up and prosecute him.
                                5. he quit on his current team. He signed a huge contract forcing them to let some go and then when they did he did not like it so like a 2 year he threw a tantrum and refused to play.
                                6. He said he wanted everything out in the open and then pleaded the 5th. That smells bad and looks bad. Basically, he wanted everything out in the open but what he had to say. that's BS.
                                7. I don't want him in Seattle either and it has nothing to do with Wilson. This is all about, Watson. I don't trust him
                                8. he has not played in over 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X