Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I like what Russ thinks about the Gordon signing...

“25!!!” the QB tweeted. We got us a stable Broncos! #LetsRide.”

Wilson understands the need for a good run game. His issue in Seattle was not about running, it was about the predictability of the offense. When your opponent time after time says they knew what was coming 80% of the time that's a problem.

Comment

• We had Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch and they were around 6 ft 7 in, and they pretty much stunk.

They were terrible, they didn't do diddly poo!
      (I borrowed that quote from coach Mora!)

I'll take my chances on Russell Wilson.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I like what Russ thinks about the Gordon signing...

“25!!!” the QB tweeted. We got us a stable Broncos! #LetsRide.”

His leadership will be unquantifiable.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
          We had Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch and they were around 6 ft 7 in, and they pretty much stunk.

They were terrible, they didn't do diddly poo!
          (I borrowed that quote from coach Mora!)

I'll take my chances on Russell Wilson.

And Flacco...

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

And Flacco...
            I'm trying to forget that nightmare.
            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

And Flacco...
              Since we’re bringing up QBs with ideal height. How about 6’5” Peyton Manning or 6’3” John Elway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Since we’re bringing up QBs with ideal height. How about 6’5” Peyton Manning or 6’3” John Elway.
                You are correct. There are more tall successful qbs.

Tall and "short" all the franchise qbs have the mental skills. Mental skills far more important than being over 6 ft for an NFL qb. It has taken decades but the NFL is finally catching up on this.

Just want to say you are uniting posters I usually see argue. It has been a while since I have seen it. You may want to stop reading here..

Actually it is number 3 Wilson uniting Bronco Nation. Been a long time since I have seen a player have this effect on Bronco Nation
                Lets Ride!

Comment

Good for you! You named one tall QB and one with average height. Now how about them?

Comment

• Originally posted by hadez View Post

you are correct. There are more tall successful qbs.

Tall and "short" all the franchise qbs have the mental skills. Mental skills far more important than being over 6 ft for an nfl qb. It has taken decades but the nfl is finally catching up on this.

Just want to say you are uniting posters i usually see argue. It has been a while since i have seen it. You may want to stop reading here..

Actually it is number 3 wilson uniting bronco nation. Been a long time since i have seen a player have this effect on bronco nation
                    Broncos Country!!! Garrett Bolles
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

The problem is for every Qb over 6 feet who made it there are a ton that did not. We have a Qb who has made it, and in the end that trumps all your biases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

The problem is for every Qb over 6 feet who made it there are a ton that did not. We have a Qb who has made it, and in the end that trumps all your biases.
                        He has made it, he’s better than what we had. I just don’t believe he’s worth what we gave up for him.

Comment

He has made it, he’s better than what we had. I just don’t believe he’s worth what we gave up for him.
                          Apologies for butting into your conversation. Just curious about your statement that he is “worth it”.

I agree it is a stiff price because of combination of all the assets given in trade AND the expected mega contract coming soon.
                          But overall I’m thrilled with what I have seen so far from Wilson as the new Face of the Franchise QB and the potential for a competitive Bronco team for the next several seasons.

IMO the value or “worth” is in Wilson’s leadership, the change of culture and the level of expectations and excitement.
                          Not sure you can put a price on those intangibles.

So my question lies in your opinion. Do you feel the culture change is just hype that Wilson can never deliver on? Or there is no change in culture for the Broncos? Is it a Wilson issue or any marquee QB trade that would not be “worth it”? You simply prefer keeping the trade assets and rebuilding?

Comment

well we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

well we will see.
                              Yes, we will. And I think most of us are excited about it.

We've seen tall QBs not do well. We've seen some not so tall QBs (I'm 5'5". So, 5'11" is kind of tall) do very well. Tell a person that they can't do something and watch what happens. I think that gives an edge to the not so tall QBs.
                              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Here’s an objective look at RW

Comment

Working...
                                X