Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Peyton Manning was 6-4 in the playoffs over his last five years playing with the Colts (2006-2010). He missed the entire 2011 season. The span of five years playing before signing with the Broncos included a 4-0 Super Bowl run and 2-1 run with a Super Bowl appearance.

Russell Wilson is 3-5 in the playoffs over five years and a losing season preceding arrival in Denver.

What was the question about trends?
    Lol always changing the goals posts to suit your pathetic stance. First it was last 3 years, now the last 5. then you give Manning an excuse for injury meanwhile between 2015-2020 Wilson played a whole season with an injury and played most of last year with an injury but no mention of that.

2-4 his last 5 years in indy. you don't get to ignore his injured season played or not if you are not going to ignore Wilson's injured seasons played or not.

Also given Manning did not play in 2011 the year before Denver got him they make him a bigger gamble than Wilson. Given it was over a year since he played and Wilson showed when healthy in the last 2 games she still had it.

In fact in the end your whole argument is wrong as we know it takes a team to win, and the better the players on that team the better the chances and Wilson is far better than what you had,

And despite being injured and missing 3 games, playing injured for several more Wilson was still top 5 in passer rating and top 10 in tds. and again his last 2 games were he was completely healthy he was

122 passer, 7 tds 1int, 65% complt. in case you are wondering those are elite numbers.

Prior to the injury he was

9 tds, 0 ints, 122 passer rating, 75% complt again Elite numbers.

And his final numbers

26 tds(missed 3 games) 65% complt, 103 passer rating all elite.

Meanwhile, the year before Denver got Manning he had well nothing no one he knew if he could play.

You whole playoffs thing is irrelevant as first you must get there and 2nd that was with Seattle. Last I checked Denver is a different team with different strengths and weaknesses so it is not apples to apples.

once again takes more than just a Qb to win so saying anyone player won or lost is stupid and shows a severe lack of football knowledge.

Let's go another way do you blame Manning for losing to Seattle in the SB? Was it all his fault to you? DO you blame Brady for losing in the playoffs game last year? do you blame Rodgers? Mahomes?

What about manning first year 1 and done was that Manning's fault?
    OR year 2 2-1 was that loss Mannings? or year 3 1 and done was that Mannings fault?

All those years when Elway could not get to the Sb was that all his fault?

Football is a team sport and yet you seem to only want to blame the QB, well actually you only want to blame Wilson.

Oh and since you also like the whole trend thing there is also another thing called an anomaly

something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.

Given Wilson wins 56% of his playoff games what you call a trend can be called an anomaly. Given your subset is only 6 games while the subset of the anomaly is 16 games that give more credit to the anomaly not the trend.

So I am going to help you again you got to get in the playoffs to have a chance. Wilson has gotten in 80% of the time and wins 56% of the time which is better than Rodgers.

Last edited by Deandc; 05-01-2022, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

Lol always changing the goals posts to suit your pathetic stance.

Answer the question does it take a team to win?
      I didn’t bring up Manning. Besides, accurately quoting his playoff record over the last five seasons he played wasn’t moving goal posts.

Russell Wilson’s trend of losing playoff games isn’t my stance, it’s his QB playoff record over his last five years in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

I didn’t bring up Manning. Besides, accurately quoting his playoff record over the last five seasons he played wasn’t moving goal posts.

Russell Wilson’s trend of losing playoff games isn’t my stance, it’s his QB playoff record over his last five years in the playoffs.
        Is football a team game?

Comment

• Thread cleaned. Sorry if your post got deleted.

Ignore is a wonderful feature.
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Bottom line, RW is by far the most legit QB we’ve had since PM. I fully expect to see the best offense we’ve seen since 2013. It all remains to be seen, but RW instantly makes this offense legit again. I’m feeling better about this team’s potential than I have in years.
            sigpic

Comment

• While I’m not a Russell Wilson fan, I don’t see a reason to argue against him being on the team. There is real hope at the quarterback position now, for the Broncos. I don’t know how things will turn out, but for now, I can legitimately imagine the Broncos as playoff contenders. That’s more than anyone can say about the last several years.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

According to one NFL analyst, Seattle had one of the poorest drafts. Down there with Indy, The pats and The Saints.

I stick by the trade without second thoughts. Gave us a star QB, raised the energy in the building, pretty much guaranteed us a playoff spot (I do believe that), and saved us from the QB draft situation this year. And Paton maneuvered around this offseason like a guy on a mission. No panic, no reaching for players, vision and a sense of, we got our roster and lets go play!!
                And what NFL analyst was that? Your post offers only conjecture, no real facts. Here are some actual articles:

S.I.com broke it down by player and gave us four A's, three B's, and two C's:

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/gm-r...woolen-cb-utsa

Pro Football Network gave us five A's, 3 B's, and one C.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/s...in-the-top-10/

Espn also had good things to say (and they usually don't)

https://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...very-selection

Your post reeks of desire to assuage your qualms about giving up so much capital for RW.

And you would be right - Denver appears to be the winner in all of this but look again:

Seattle fans are ecstatic that the Russell Wilson log jam has been broken up and we can actually move forward. WE LOVE OUR NEW DRAFT PICKS. THANK YOU DENVER!

Check out the Seahwaks fan board and you'll see that even the toughest curmudgeons are happy. The board has been united in a way I've never seen in their agreement.

Will be be in the playoffs this year? Probably not, but you never know. In the meantime, fans are excited for the fresh start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

You are correct. There are more tall successful qbs.

Tall and "short" all the franchise qbs have the mental skills. Mental skills far more important than being over 6 ft for an NFL qb. It has taken decades but the NFL is finally catching up on this.

Just want to say you are uniting posters I usually see argue. It has been a while since I have seen it. You may want to stop reading here..

Actually it is number 3 Wilson uniting Bronco Nation. Been a long time since I have seen a player have this effect on Bronco Nation
                  It is always the "all others being equal" a taller (6'2-6'6) is better than the shorter ones, but all is not equal. If RW was 3 inches taller he would probably be better, but he provide an excellent package as it is. If it was only physical skill then the likes of JaMarcus Russell would have been in the HOF, but the job of the QB is to win with the team and his job is to lead the team to victory - not to be the center of attention and the one that always makes the big play.
                  Russell seems to absolutely excel at the leadership side of things and it will be an exciting season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

It is always the "all others being equal" a taller (6'2-6'6) is better than the shorter ones, but all is not equal. If RW was 3 inches taller he would probably be better, but he provide an excellent package as it is. If it was only physical skill then the likes of JaMarcus Russell would have been in the HOF, but the job of the QB is to win with the team and his job is to lead the team to victory - not to be the center of attention and the one that always makes the big play.
                    Russell seems to absolutely excel at the leadership side of things and it will be an exciting season.
                    Well, he was undefeated in Mile High Stadium.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by New Day View Post

And what NFL analyst was that? Your post offers only conjecture, no real facts. Here are some actual articles:

S.I.com broke it down by player and gave us four A's, three B's, and two C's:

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/gm-r...woolen-cb-utsa

Pro Football Network gave us five A's, 3 B's, and one C.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/s...in-the-top-10/

Espn also had good things to say (and they usually don't)

https://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...very-selection

Your post reeks of desire to assuage your qualms about giving up so much capital for RW.

And you would be right - Denver appears to be the winner in all of this but look again:

Seattle fans are ecstatic that the Russell Wilson log jam has been broken up and we can actually move forward. WE LOVE OUR NEW DRAFT PICKS. THANK YOU DENVER!

Check out the Seahwaks fan board and you'll see that even the toughest curmudgeons are happy. The board has been united in a way I've never seen in their agreement.

Will be be in the playoffs this year? Probably not, but you never know. In the meantime, fans are excited for the fresh start.

the reality is all these grades mean nothing. we will not know how these draft classes are for a couple of years.AS tot eh grades there are some that say Seattle did good and some say they did bad,

As to your comment about Seattle fans and Wilson not true not all are ecstatic a lot are not at all and think PC has set the team up for failure. And FYI I do check the Seattle Boards they are not all ecstatic at all.

Comment

• I think we gave too much up. And he has little kids now how focused is he gonna be? I don’t have kids but I know when my family members were sick could two craps about my job

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

Lol always changing the goals posts to suit your pathetic stance. First it was last 3 years, now the last 5. then you give Manning an excuse for injury meanwhile between 2015-2020 Wilson played a whole season with an injury and played most of last year with an injury but no mention of that.

2-4 his last 5 years in indy. you don't get to ignore his injured season played or not if you are not going to ignore Wilson's injured seasons played or not.

Also given Manning did not play in 2011 the year before Denver got him they make him a bigger gamble than Wilson. Given it was over a year since he played and Wilson showed when healthy in the last 2 games she still had it.

In fact in the end your whole argument is wrong as we know it takes a team to win, and the better the players on that team the better the chances and Wilson is far better than what you had,

And despite being injured and missing 3 games, playing injured for several more Wilson was still top 5 in passer rating and top 10 in tds. and again his last 2 games were he was completely healthy he was

122 passer, 7 tds 1int, 65% complt. in case you are wondering those are elite numbers.

Prior to the injury he was

9 tds, 0 ints, 122 passer rating, 75% complt again Elite numbers.

And his final numbers

26 tds(missed 3 games) 65% complt, 103 passer rating all elite.

Meanwhile, the year before Denver got Manning he had well nothing no one he knew if he could play.

You whole playoffs thing is irrelevant as first you must get there and 2nd that was with Seattle. Last I checked Denver is a different team with different strengths and weaknesses so it is not apples to apples.

once again takes more than just a Qb to win so saying anyone player won or lost is stupid and shows a severe lack of football knowledge.

Let's go another way do you blame Manning for losing to Seattle in the SB? Was it all his fault to you? DO you blame Brady for losing in the playoffs game last year? do you blame Rodgers? Mahomes?

What about manning first year 1 and done was that Manning's fault?
                          OR year 2 2-1 was that loss Mannings? or year 3 1 and done was that Mannings fault?

All those years when Elway could not get to the Sb was that all his fault?

Football is a team sport and yet you seem to only want to blame the QB, well actually you only want to blame Wilson.

Oh and since you also like the whole trend thing there is also another thing called an anomaly

something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.

Given Wilson wins 56% of his playoff games what you call a trend can be called an anomaly. Given your subset is only 6 games while the subset of the anomaly is 16 games that give more credit to the anomaly not the trend.

So I am going to help you again you got to get in the playoffs to have a chance. Wilson has gotten in 80% of the time and wins 56% of the time which is better than Rodgers.

Wait what? Wilson “wins 56% of his playoff games”. Weird how he wins playoff games, but it’s the team’s fault for the losing record in the playoffs since 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

According to one NFL analyst, Seattle had one of the poorest drafts. Down there with Indy, The pats and The Saints.

I stick by the trade without second thoughts. Gave us a star QB, raised the energy in the building, pretty much guaranteed us a playoff spot (I do believe that), and saved us from the QB draft situation this year. And Paton maneuvered around this offseason like a guy on a mission. No panic, no reaching for players, vision and a sense of, we got our roster and lets go play!!
                            Interesting

It does not matter to me if the Hawks have great drafts this year and next. We needed a qb and got an established franchise qb. Watching all the pressers he is imo better than I thought. He is bringing much needed player leadership to this team.

I think we got a steal at this point. Look at what the Broncos did with the picks from Cutler deal. There are many big trades that involve many good draft picks and most of them did not turn out to much for the team that got picks. Fact is most draft picks do not work out.
                            Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                              Yeah anybody that has a problem with us getting Wilson must just enjoy losing because that's all that has been happening since Manning and super bowl 50.

6 freaking years of no playoffs... that's not Denver broncos football... time to get back on track
                              Said it a Lil more harsh than I try to now a days but yea.

I could have understood the problems with some of the other qbs but imo Russel is by far the best qb we could have gotten. I get Watson is younger but he is no where near the leader Wilson is and Watson comes with serious question marks now,
                              Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Well, he was undefeated in Mile High Stadium.
                                Blasphemy - He never played at Mile High Stadium!
                                It is Invesco Field that was responsible

Comment

Working...
                                X