Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Interesting

It does not matter to me if the Hawks have great drafts this year and next. We needed a qb and got an established franchise qb. Watching all the pressers he is imo better than I thought. He is bringing much needed player leadership to this team.

I think we got a steal at this point. Look at what the Broncos did with the picks from Cutler deal. There are many big trades that involve many good draft picks and most of them did not turn out to much for the team that got picks. Fact is most draft picks do not work out.
    The Cutler deal worked out great for us! The wheeling and dealing with those picks in 2010 landed us the most important impact players that created Tebowmania and the positives it brought. The same players less Tebow + Manning and Von were the core of the 2013 SB team. Now there is a huge difference between trading for a head case like Cutler and someone as mature of a leaders as Russell.

It has been a great off season, and I am happy we got RW and not ARod - and I do not envy the Browns.

Comment

• Now we wait for OTAs and minicamp… the season can’t come soon enough. We’ve all seen pictures and videos, but part of me still cannot fathom the fact that we have a future Hall of Fame QB still in his prime right here. I’m excited to see it all come together.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

The Cutler deal worked out great for us! The wheeling and dealing with those picks in 2010 landed us the most important impact players that created Tebowmania and the positives it brought. The same players less Tebow + Manning and Von were the core of the 2013 SB team. Now there is a huge difference between trading for a head case like Cutler and someone as mature of a leaders as Russell.

It has been a great off season, and I am happy we got RW and not ARod - and I do not envy the Browns.
        Core? The picks from trading Cutler netted Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith and Richard Quinn in the 2009 draft. Ayers had a slow start, played decent in 2013 and moved on to the NYG. Alphonso Smith was traded to Detroit in 2010. Richard Quinn caught 1 pass for 9 yards and 1 kick return for 19 yards in 2009-10 before being released with an injury settlement in 2011. Core. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Core? The picks from trading Cutler netted Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith and Richard Quinn in the 2009 draft. Ayers had a slow start, played decent in 2013 and moved on to the NYG. Alphonso Smith was traded to Detroit in 2010. Richard Quinn caught 1 pass for 9 yards and 1 kick return for 19 yards in 2009-10 before being released with an injury settlement in 2011. Core. LOL
          Yea I was just looking this up

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ame-out-on-top

The article linked above credits us getting these players

With their 2009 first round pick, they took Robert Ayers, who has recorded just 1.5 sacks in two seasons with the Broncos.

They traded the third round pick that they got from Chicago along with their own third rounder to pick up second and fourth round picks from the Pittsburgh Steelers. With those picks, they picked Richard Quinn and Seth Olsen.

These players were trash no doubt.

Now the 2010 NFL Draft is where it get's confusing. I'll spare you all the series of trades that lead to this, but the Broncos turned Chicago's first round pick (11th overall) into three players: Demaryius Thomas, Tim Tebow, and Eric Decker.

Interesting Analogy. DT and Decker were ok. May even say DT is reason our offense with Tebow was able to make the playoffs. Neither really took off until they played with PM. Neither did much without PM. While I am willing to say DT was impact player not sure how they think we turned the first round pick in 2010 from Chicago into 2 first round picks.
          Let's Ride!

Comment

With their 2009 first round pick, they took Robert Ayers, who has recorded just 1.5 sacks in two seasons with the Broncos.

They traded the third round pick that they got from Chicago along with their own third rounder to pick up second and fourth round picks from the Pittsburgh Steelers. With those picks, they picked Richard Quinn and Seth Olsen.

Now the 2010 NFL Draft is where it get's confusing. I'll spare you all the series of trades that lead to this, but the Broncos turned Chicago's first round pick (11th overall) into three players: Demaryius Thomas, Tim Tebow, and Eric Decker.

Interesting Analogy. DT and Decker were ok. May even say DT is reason our offense with Tebow was able to make the playoffs. Neither really took off until they played with PM. Neither did much without PM. While I am willing to say DT was impact player not sure how they think we turned the first round pick in 2010 from Chicago into 2 first round picks.
            Denver used their natural 2009 1st round pick for Knowshon Moreno, followed by Ayers with the 2009 1st round pick from Chicago. They traded the 2010 1st round pick acquired from Chicago to move up for Alphonso Smith in the 2nd round (used natural pick for McBath). Next, the Broncos traded two 3rd round 2009 picks to the Steelers for a 2009 2nd round pick and a 2009 4th round pick to get Quinn as their 3rd pick in the 2nd round.

It would be hard to draft worse than the Broncos in terms of what they got for Cutler.

Comment

• If the Broncos beat the Chiefs the trade for Wilson will be worth it 🥳

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                If the Broncos beat the Chiefs the trade for Wilson will be worth it 🥳
                This is exactly how I felt about Shanahan when we hired him. The Broncos and Elway were something like 2-11 against the Raiders including a playoff loss. When Shanahan beat the Raiders twice it was GREAT. The way in which people rumored Shanahan allowed the grass to be high to limit the Raider speed at Mile High was great. Not sure if it was true but was just awesome to think we were pulling out all the tricks to beat the Raiders

We need to be the same against the Chiefs. No stone left unturned before the game and on game day. We need a Chief crushing emoji!
                Let's Ride!

Comment

• Fantaztic 7 wrote: "Wait what? Wilson “wins 56% of his playoff games”. Weird how he wins playoff games, but it’s the team’s fault for the losing record in the playoffs since 2015."

Spot on. To this day, he never took an ounce of resposibility for the most infamous play in Super Bowl history. Russel Wilson threw that inerception that broke Seattle fans hearts and made us the laughing stock of the NFL. I wouldn't wish that on any fan base. EVER.

I think the trade was good for everyone and I hope that you guys get rewarded. (Although I do hope that we win the game when Denver comes to play us in the fall).
                  Last edited by New Day; 05-03-2022, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Now Robert Ayers played 5 years with the Broncos and was a solid player - albeit - you hope for more from #18 in the draft, but he did have two sacks alone in the win over the Steelers and one in the AFCC game in 2013. It is funny how DT that caught 4 TDs was the reason to make th playoffs and Decker with his 8 was not. DT caught 7 balls for 1 TD the first two months he played and Tebow to Thomas was the most productive QB/WR duo in the NFL in December and January.

It is comical that the debates here are so shallow that credit cannot be given to anything positive done by McDaniels/Tebow/Orton.....
                    In fact the whole O-Line, over half the TDs in 2013, a lot of the defensive performance had strong contributions of the McD drafted players.

It was infinately more interesting to watch Tebow Time than Drew Lock time, and McD did draft the only QB Broncos has ever drafted that have won in the playoffs for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by New Day View Post
                      Fantaztic 7 wrote: "Wait what? Wilson “wins 56% of his playoff games”. Weird how he wins playoff games, but it’s the team’s fault for the losing record in the playoffs since 2015."

Spot on. To this day, he never took an ounce of resposibility for the most infamous play in Super Bowl history. Russel Wilson threw that inerception that broke Seattle fans hearts and made us the laughing stock of the NFL. I wouldn't wish that on any fan base. EVER.

I think the trade was good for everyone and I hope that you guys get rewarded. (Although I do hope that we win the game when Denver comes to play us in the fall).
                      That was a bad call with an obvious Pick/Slant on the Twins Right look with the off receiver outside running slant behind the pick. What was the D&D, 2nd&goal from the +1 with one TO right after Marshawn Lynch ran four yards? Hand it off again or line up Tight Wing I Right and Boot out for PAP, and call TO, if necessary. That one is on Pete Carroll and Darrell Bevell, not the guys who do what they're told.
                      Last edited by samparnell; 05-03-2022, 10:10 AM. Reason: spelling
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Now Robert Ayers played 5 years with the Broncos and was a solid player - albeit - you hope for more from #18 in the draft, but he did have two sacks alone in the win over the Steelers and one in the AFCC game in 2013. It is funny how DT that caught 4 TDs was the reason to make th playoffs and Decker with his 8 was not. DT caught 7 balls for 1 TD the first two months he played and Tebow to Thomas was the most productive QB/WR duo in the NFL in December and January.

It is comical that the debates here are so shallow that credit cannot be given to anything positive done by McDaniels/Tebow/Orton.....
                        In fact the whole O-Line, over half the TDs in 2013, a lot of the defensive performance had strong contributions of the McD drafted players.

It was infinately more interesting to watch Tebow Time than Drew Lock time, and McD did draft the only QB Broncos has ever drafted that have won in the playoffs for us.
                        From McD times until Tebow started the no team in the NFL lost more games than the Broncos did with Orton starting.

Is that the credit you looking for?

the original point was evaluating the Cutler trade which I assume you missed the counter point from the article in my post that DT, Tebow and Decker should not be included.
                        Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

That was a bad call with an obvious Pick/Slant on the Twins Right look with the off receiver outside running slant behind the pick. What was the D&D, 2nd&goal from the +1 with one TO right after Marshawn Lynch ran four yards? Hand it off again or line up Tight Wing I Right and Boot out for PAP, and call TO, if necessary. That one is on Pete Carroll and Darrell Bevell, not the guys who do what they're told.
                          Cris Carter explained it. It was bad ball placement by Wilson. The play call was not the issue.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK

You are indeed very creative when you push your narrative, and your socalled facts are lies as there are at least 8 teams in the NFL that lost more games than the Broncos did with Orton starting.
                            Your points though are not hard to miss - if facts don't suport your story, make something up!
                            Like a fantasy based on players who were the “core” of the team drafted with the picks from the Cutler trade.

Robert Ayers underperformed the draft pick, Alphonso Smith was traded after a dismal start and Richard Quinn was released with an injury settlement. These are your “core” players from the Cutler trade.

Maybe you should sit this one out.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Cris Carter explained it. It was bad ball placement by Wilson. The play call was not the issue.
                              Yeah sorry, he may have but many other experts including Randy Moss said the pass was fine, the Wr did not break on his cut, the pick was not made and the play was a horrible play to call. In fact, I can't find one except that says the ball placement was bad. In fact, in going through over 100 posts by experts about it all said bad play call period. I will supply a link by an expert to show my point

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/21/nfl-worst-play-call-seahawks-patriots-super-bowl-xlix-pete-carroll-marshawn-lynch

I will even go so far as to say perhaps Carter said that though I can't find it. That does not make him right when so many others said the throw was not the issue. the issue was the other team knew the play, the pick never happened, and the Wr did not make a hard cut.

"
                              "You see how he jumped it, though?" Irvin said to Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner as they stood at their adjacent lockers. "Like he knew it was coming.""

Game over

Comment

• Originally posted by New Day View Post
                                Fantaztic 7 wrote: "Wait what? Wilson “wins 56% of his playoff games”. Weird how he wins playoff games, but it’s the team’s fault for the losing record in the playoffs since 2015."

In a way this reminds me of the feeling when the Broncos were absolutely drubbed by the Seahawks. However, it led to better things building the defense and ultimately SB50.

Comment

Working...
                                X