Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Cris Carter explained it. It was bad ball placement by Wilson. The play call was not the issue.
    I beg to differ. It's on YouTube. Have watched it many times. You should, too. Do you really think that was a good play call in that situation?

If Carroll and Bevell were determined to throw it because they thought the Patriots were expecting a run, why not line up like you intend to run? How about Wing I Right with QB under? Instead, they come out in Spread Gun and show an obvious slant from the outside/off receiver behind a pick/block by the inside/on receiver in the Twins Right look.

Belichick's Dad, Steve, wrote the definitive book on Football Scouting. Bill's Pats teams are well prepared based on thorough scouting. Do you think that was the first time the Hawks ran that play all year? Don't you think NE charted every single play Seattle ran during two weeks of preparation for the Super Bowl?

Wasn't it 2nd and goal from the +1 right after Lynch gained four yards? Didn’t they have a TO? Don't you think NE's D would have bitten hard on play action? PAP is fine and dandy, but not right into the middle of GL D.

The picked ball went right to the receiver and the DB met him there because that's where scouting and the call told him to be based on the formation and alignment.

Of course Carter blames the QB. That's what receivers do. It's never their fault. Look at the play yourself and don't take his word for it. Au contraire, the play call was totally the issue. They had two plays left one of which could be PAP and the other a smashmouth run, instead of Spread Gun throwing into GL Defense.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

I beg to differ. It's on YouTube. Have watched it many times. You should, too. Do you really think that was a good play call in that situation?

If Carroll and Bevell were determined to throw it because they thought the Patriots were expecting a run, why not line up like you intend to run? How about Wing I Right with QB under? Instead, they come out in Spread Gun and show an obvious slant from the outside/off receiver behind a pick/block by the inside/on receiver in the Twins Right look.

Belichick's Dad, Steve, wrote the definitive book on Football Scouting. Bill's Pats teams are well prepared based on thorough scouting. Do you think that was the first time the Hawks ran that play all year? Don't you think NE charted every single play Seattle ran during two weeks of preparation for the Super Bowl?

Wasn't it 2nd and goal from the +1 right after Lynch gained four yards? Didn’t they have a TO? Don't you think NE's D would have bitten hard on play action? PAP is fine and dandy, but not right into the middle of GL D.

The picked ball went right to the receiver and the DB met him there because that's where scouting and the call told him to be based on the formation and alignment.

Of course Carter blames the QB. That's what receivers do. It's never their fault. Look at the play yourself and don't take his word for it. Au contraire, the play call was totally the issue. They had two plays left one of which could be PAP and the other a smashmouth run, instead of Spread Gun throwing into GL Defense.
      The play call might not have been the best, but that play should have resulted in no worse than an incompletion. It was Wilson’s fault for the interception.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

The play call might not have been the best, but that play should have resulted in no worse than an incompletion. It was Wilson’s fault for the interception.
        And yet the facts, as well as actually posted info, say otherwise. The play is a timing pattern, a must throw to where the Wr is supposed to be. guess what the Wr got beat. done over

""You see how he jumped it, though?" Irvin said to Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner as they stood at their adjacent lockers. "Like he knew it was coming.""

straight from 2 Seattle defenders who watched it. game over

Comment

• LOL. Now people are whining about an interception. Guess we should have held out for a guy who has never thrown a pick or lost in a SB. Never losing, never throwing an interception, never throwing an incompletion. That is the standard around here lol.

I swear some of you won’t be happy until we have a superstar QB who throws 100% completions, goes undefeated for his entire career and does it all for free.

Some of the ridiculous standards around here really crack me up. Some of you are contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian.
          sigpic

Comment

• I’m not concerned about one interception with Russell Wilson. The concern is his 3-5 losing record in the playoffs since 2015, and 1-3 in his last four playoff games. Maybe the SB interception was the beginning of a losing trend in the playoffs. I had the same concern about Aaron Rodgers (plus age). Rodgers has become a loser in the playoffs since winning the Super Bowl.

Perhaps Wilson can break the playoff losing trend. Trading multiple top picks and starters for a QB comes with expectations. I expect more than making the playoffs or being in the hunt. If Wilson is as great as everyone claims, getting to the Super Bowl should be the minimum expectation.

I see comments about being an elite quarterback and great leadership. If that’s true then the expectation is championships, not “being in the hunt”.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
              I’m not concerned about one interception with Russell Wilson. The concern is his 3-5 losing record in the playoffs since 2015, and 1-3 in his last four playoff games. Maybe the SB interception was the beginning of a losing trend in the playoffs. I had the same concern about Aaron Rodgers (plus age). Rodgers has become a loser in the playoffs since winning the Super Bowl.

Perhaps Wilson can break the playoff losing trend. Trading multiple top picks and starters for a QB comes with expectations. I expect more than making the playoffs or being in the hunt. If Wilson is as great as everyone claims, getting to the Super Bowl should be the minimum expectation.

I see comments about being an elite quarterback and great leadership. If that’s true then the expectation is championships, not “being in the hunt”.
              Well, if they were making the Super Bowl every year like you'd like.... they wouldn't have traded him.

It's fine if you think Wilson was the sole problem in Seattle. I'm willing to bet that Denver does better than Seattle next year, despite the fact that Wilson isn't holding them back any more.

Looking at active QBs... here are the ones with a playoff record above .500... in descending win %.

Wolford, Burrow, Brady, Mahomes, Flacco, Foles, Garoppolo, Bortles, Stafford, Wilson, Rodgers. Clearly the who's who of the best of the best and the upcoming hotness in the league.

Meanwhile, keep going down the list .500 and below... Allen, Mayfield, Mariota, Keenum, Ryan, Tannehill, Goff, Watson, Cousins, Prescott, Jackson

I guess we should have gone after Foles or Garoppolo. Or Bortles. Or the GOAT... Wolford.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Well, if they were making the Super Bowl every year like you'd like.... they wouldn't have traded him.

It's fine if you think Wilson was the sole problem in Seattle. I'm willing to bet that Denver does better than Seattle next year, despite the fact that Wilson isn't holding them back any more.

Looking at active QBs... here are the ones with a playoff record above .500... in descending win %.

Wolford, Burrow, Brady, Mahomes, Flacco, Foles, Garoppolo, Bortles, Stafford, Wilson, Rodgers. Clearly the who's who of the best of the best and the upcoming hotness in the league.

Meanwhile, keep going down the list .500 and below... Allen, Mayfield, Mariota, Keenum, Ryan, Tannehill, Goff, Watson, Cousins, Prescott, Jackson

I guess we should have gone after Foles or Garoppolo. Or Bortles. Or the GOAT... Wolford.
                Or, they believed he peaked and dissatisfied with the losing trend in the playoffs since 2015. Instead of waiting to rebuild like the Broncos did for the last 6 years, they decided to move in a new direction.

None of the quarterbacks in the .500 and below have been called elite as fans on this board have said about Wilson. Not sure why you have difficulty drawing that distinction.

Comment

Or, they believed he peaked and dissatisfied with the losing trend in the playoffs since 2015. Instead of waiting to rebuild like the Broncos did for the last 6 years, they decided to move in a new direction.

None of the quarterbacks in the .500 and below have been called elite as fans on this board have said about Wilson. Not sure why you have difficulty drawing that distinction.

Whether he peaked or not doesn’t really matter, the state of their roster around him has been in a steady decline. Their drafting has been abysmal and trading what they did for Jamal Adams has only hampered their chances at building up the team. Not to mention they’ve whiffed on a lot of free agent acquisitions as well. The Seahawks backed themselves into a corner and the only way to get out was to do something drastic which they did. Time will tell if it pays off

Comment

There's elite QBs on both sides of that line. That's the point.

On the over .500 side you have Mahommes, Brady, Burrow and Rodgers.

On the under .500 side you have Allen, Watson, Prescott, and Jackson.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think any of the below .500 ones are considered elite.

Of the over .500 side, only one of those QBs has had massive playoff success after their rookie contract.... the same issue that Wilson has had.

Guess we should go after the Elite Joe Flacco then.

Comment

• Stafford was 0-3 in the playoffs before this last year. Wonder if anything changed for him to suddenly be on the over .500 line.

Comment

Stafford was 0-3 in the playoffs before this last year. Wonder if anything changed for him to suddenly be on the over .500 line.
                        He changed teams.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

He changed teams.
                          Better team. Some don't realize while a great QB can make up for a lot they cant do it all. You need others. Nearly every QB, especially in the modern NFL that won the SB had either a great defense or great run game or both.

Comment

There's elite QBs on both sides of that line. That's the point.

On the over .500 side you have Mahommes, Brady, Burrow and Rodgers.

On the under .500 side you have Allen, Watson, Prescott, and Jackson.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think any of the below .500 ones are considered elite.

Of the over .500 side, only one of those QBs has had massive playoff success after their rookie contract.... the same issue that Wilson has had.

Guess we should go after the Elite Joe Flacco then.
                            Agreed but here is the thing we are talking about Playoffs record Wilson is 9-7. He wants to remove half of Wilson's playoffs to suit his narrative.

AS I showed before I can show periods where all the greats in cluding Manning had bad playoffs records.

Elway went through a period where he was 1-3 before he got Davis adn won a SB
                            Manning went through a 2-5 stretch and a 0-3 stretch and finished 14-13
                            Aaron Rodgers is only 11-10 in the playoffs
                            Drew Brees 9-9
                            Wilson 9-7

Here is a perfect example of taking more than just a great QB.

Brett Favre his career playoffs number is horrible. Career 85 passer rating, 60% complt 44 tds/30 ints. those are really bad but he is 13-11 in the playoffs. Why he has had some great defenses.

No matter how good your Qb is he needs help.

Trends are not facts, you know what other trend there is

since 2015 Seattle has not had a top 15 defense that's a trend. Also since 2015 Wilson is 3-5 which is not awful at all.HSi stats 65% complt, 13 tds, 3 ints, 101 passer rating. Far from bad. During that time Seattle's avg defense ranking 28, avg run game 25th.

That is the trend the run game and defense is that bad.

Comment

• Russell Wilson reminds me of a "John Elway" type of QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

Agreed but here is the thing we are talking about Playoffs record Wilson is 9-7. He wants to remove half of Wilson's playoffs to suit his narrative.

AS I showed before I can show periods where all the greats in cluding Manning had bad playoffs records.

Oh, absolutely. I just figured I'd point out one flaw in the logic at a time, and I chose to ignore the cherry picking for the time being.

Comment

Working...
                                X