Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Whether he peaked or not doesn’t really matter, the state of their roster around him has been in a steady decline. Their drafting has been abysmal and trading what they did for Jamal Adams has only hampered their chances at building up the team. Not to mention they’ve whiffed on a lot of free agent acquisitions as well. The Seahawks backed themselves into a corner and the only way to get out was to do something drastic which they did. Time will tell if it pays off
    It matters. The most difficult position to replace is a quarterback who can play at a high level. If they still believed in Russell Wilson the Seahawks would have rebuilt around him.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Oh, absolutely. I just figured I'd point out one flaw in the logic at a time, and I chose to ignore the cherry picking for the time being.
      I agree but the problem is all he can do is cherry-pick because the reality is he is wrong on all counts. I only see his stuff now if someone quotes him. I don't have the time for people who makes stuff up and live in an alternate reality. He is doing what some Seahawks fans tried to hold Wilson to a standard that no other QB has ever met. I went on their forums and it was hilarious and pathetic. It's not most fans just a very small group of very vocal people who will start calling you names, and such if you disagree with them.
      Last edited by Deandc; 05-04-2022, 05:54 PM.

Comment

There's elite QBs on both sides of that line. That's the point.

On the over .500 side you have Mahommes, Brady, Burrow and Rodgers.

On the under .500 side you have Allen, Watson, Prescott, and Jackson.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think any of the below .500 ones are considered elite.

Of the over .500 side, only one of those QBs has had massive playoff success after their rookie contract.... the same issue that Wilson has had.

Guess we should go after the Elite Joe Flacco then.
        Other quarterbacks have nothing to do with Wilson’s trend of losing playoff games since 2015: 3-5 since 2015, 1-3 during the last three years in the playoffs.

Rodgers has a longer trend of losing in the playoffs, one of the reasons I was against a trade aside from age. His early exit from the playoffs this year validated the trend.

The glib take on Flacco isn’t relevant because he had not played in the playoffs since 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

Agreed but here is the thing we are talking about Playoffs record Wilson is 9-7. He wants to remove half of Wilson's playoffs to suit his narrative.

AS I showed before I can show periods where all the greats in cluding Manning had bad playoffs records.

Elway went through a period where he was 1-3 before he got Davis adn won a SB
          Manning went through a 2-5 stretch and a 0-3 stretch and finished 14-13
          Aaron Rodgers is only 11-10 in the playoffs
          Drew Brees 9-9
          Wilson 9-7

Here is a perfect example of taking more than just a great QB.

Brett Favre his career playoffs number is horrible. Career 85 passer rating, 60% complt 44 tds/30 ints. those are really bad but he is 13-11 in the playoffs. Why he has had some great defenses.

No matter how good your Qb is he needs help.

Trends are not facts, you know what other trend there is

since 2015 Seattle has not had a top 15 defense that's a trend. Also since 2015 Wilson is 3-5 which is not awful at all.HSi stats 65% complt, 13 tds, 3 ints, 101 passer rating. Far from bad. During that time Seattle's avg defense ranking 28, avg run game 25th.

That is the trend the run game and defense is that bad.

Not sure why you have a difficult time differentiating Wilson’s overall playoff record vs his record since 2015. The overall record conceals early career success, followed by a trend of losing more playoff games than winning: 3-5 over that span and 1-3 in the last 3 years in the playoffs.

It’s not to say he can’t win playoff games again, just the trajectory is losing more playoff games than winning.

Comment

Stafford was 0-3 in the playoffs before this last year. Wonder if anything changed for him to suddenly be on the over .500 line.
            Originally posted by samparnell View Post

He changed teams.
            Commonly the win and loss record is pinned on QBs. While QBs maybe have more influence than other players in football there is without doubt in my mind football is the ultimate team sport. More so than any other major sport the team matters.
            Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

I agree but the problem is all he can do is cherry-pick because the reality is he is wrong on all counts. I only see his stuff now if someone quotes him. I don't have the time for people who makes stuff up and live in an alternate reality. He is doing what some Seahawks fans tried to hold Wilson to a standard that no other QB has ever met. I went on their forums and it was hilarious and pathetic. It's not most fans just a very small group of very vocal people who will start calling you names, and such if you disagree with them.
              I quoted Wilson’s playoff record since 2015. Prove the record is wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Commonly the win and loss record is pinned on QBs. While QBs maybe have more influence than other players in football there is without doubt in my mind football is the ultimate team sport. More so than any other major sport the team matters.
                Exactly anyone who understands football knows that.

Comment

• For the past six years the vast majority of the Broncos fan base said the QB was the only position that mattered.

”The roster is loaded we just need a QB” was repeated ad nauseam.

Point out Wilson’s trend of losing playoff games since 2015 and now, “It’s team that matters”.

Sensing a hedge about Wilson. Some claim he is elite but expectations are low, with talk of making the playoffs.

If fans believe in Wilson and the roster is as talented as many claimed, where is the confidence in winning another championship?

Sounds like big proponents of Wilson want an out if he doesn’t deliver. If he doesn’t work out, the team let Wilson down.

Comment

• Or perhaps it's more like you don't care for Wilson....

It's clear and obvious
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                      For the past six years the vast majority of the Broncos fan base said the QB was the only position that mattered.

”The roster is loaded we just need a QB” was repeated ad nauseam.

Point out Wilson’s trend of losing playoff games since 2015 and now, “It’s team that matters”.

Sensing a hedge about Wilson. Some claim he is elite but expectations are low, with talk of making the playoffs.

If fans believe in Wilson and the roster is as talented as many claimed, where is the confidence in winning another championship?

Sounds like big proponents of Wilson want an out if he doesn’t deliver. If he doesn’t work out, the team let Wilson down.
                      Two things can be true. Wilson is good enough to lead us to a title. But, winning a Super Bowl is extremely difficult and many things factor into that. Only 2 teams make it to the finish. So, only 2 QB's will play in it. I think Wilson puts us in the conversation for being a contender. It's definitely better than the last 11 guys who played under center.

Comment

• Grief, haven't even reached training camp (much less a game that counts) and already this is a senseless, petty QB argument. Truly, some folks have to create/find/look for a bad side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

It matters. The most difficult position to replace is a quarterback who can play at a high level. If they still believed in Russell Wilson the Seahawks would have rebuilt around him.
                          They had already failed to rebuild the team around him. They’ve drafted just 5 pro bowlers since the Wilson was drafted 10 years ago. Frank Clark was the only multiple time pro bowler and he walked. Shaq Griffin made the pro bowl and walked. Metcalf and Lockett are the only other 2 and we will find out if they can continue their level of play without Russell. Their punter was the 5th pro bowler.

The Seahawks know they can make the playoffs with Wilson, but they also knew they couldn’t build a competitive team around him to get them
                          over the top. So instead of prioritizing the short terms and shipping out more draft picks for aging vets looking for massive deals (Duane Brown, Jamal Adams, Jadeveon Clowney) they shipped out their aging vet looking for a massive deal for draft picks. The team had a ton of holes and no way to fill them, their entire defense was and still is a mess, the oline is in shambles, and their RB situation is very injury prone. They desperately needed draft picks to turn it around and get the top talent in a draft instead of picking around 20 for the next 5 or so years with Wilson.

And they clearly believe in Drew Lock to do something for them, if they believe in Lock but not Wilson well I don’t follow that logic.

Comment

They had already failed to rebuild the team around him. They’ve drafted just 5 pro bowlers since the Wilson was drafted 10 years ago. Frank Clark was the only multiple time pro bowler and he walked. Shaq Griffin made the pro bowl and walked. Metcalf and Lockett are the only other 2 and we will find out if they can continue their level of play without Russell. Their punter was the 5th pro bowler.

The Seahawks know they can make the playoffs with Wilson, but they also knew they couldn’t build a competitive team around him to get them
                            over the top. So instead of prioritizing the short terms and shipping out more draft picks for aging vets looking for massive deals (Duane Brown, Jamal Adams, Jadeveon Clowney) they shipped out their aging vet looking for a massive deal for draft picks. The team had a ton of holes and no way to fill them, their entire defense was and still is a mess, the oline is in shambles, and their RB situation is very injury prone. They desperately needed draft picks to turn it around and get the top talent in a draft instead of picking around 20 for the next 5 or so years with Wilson.

And they clearly believe in Drew Lock to do something for them, if they believe in Lock but not Wilson well I don’t follow that logic.
                            Seattle's failure to build a team around Russel caused Wilson to question whether his last few productive seasons would be wasted waiting for something that would never come. Seems he had his fill of Carroll as well.

Wilson gives us a fighting chance, that's all we can ask for as fans.
                            [sigpic

Comment

What makes you believe they believe in Drew Lock?

Maybe they just didn’t believe in any of the available quarterbacks in the draft.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

What makes you believe they believe in Drew Lock?

Maybe they just didn’t believe in any of the available quarterbacks in the draft.
                                I said they believe in him to do something, whether that’s turn it around to be a franchise QB or lead them to a top 10 pick remains to be seen

Comment

Working...
                                X