Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

What makes you believe they believe in Drew Lock?

Maybe they just didn’t believe in any of the available quarterbacks in the draft.
    I think they're planning to tank as it stands. Seems like people used to pretend that NFL teams didn't do it until the stuff about Miami and Cleveland came out. The Jaguars tanked for Lawrence and the Colts tanked for Luck. I thought it was obvious at the time. As far as the QBs in this draft, I think there's a good chance that the teams who need help sooner than later were hesitant to handcuff themselves to project prospects they may see as inferior to next year's class. It's a lot easier to pivot away from a 3rd round pick than a 1st or even 2nd rounder. And since it's very likely that they had similar grades on the QBs who went in the 3rd, waiting for them to start coming off the board before taking one would make more sense. I think Atlanta and especially Carolina should get Ridder and Corral in as soon as possible, because chances are they're going to suck this year anyway. Get as much evaluation as possible in the event that they have a shot at next year's top QBs. Look at it this way, if Davis Mills only had a few starts last year, people would've clamored for the Texans to get a QB. Since he came back into the lineup and showed progression, they now have reason to move forward with him at least for '22.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

They had already failed to rebuild the team around him. They’ve drafted just 5 pro bowlers since the Wilson was drafted 10 years ago. Frank Clark was the only multiple time pro bowler and he walked. Shaq Griffin made the pro bowl and walked. Metcalf and Lockett are the only other 2 and we will find out if they can continue their level of play without Russell. Their punter was the 5th pro bowler.

The Seahawks know they can make the playoffs with Wilson, but they also knew they couldn’t build a competitive team around him to get them
      over the top. So instead of prioritizing the short terms and shipping out more draft picks for aging vets looking for massive deals (Duane Brown, Jamal Adams, Jadeveon Clowney) they shipped out their aging vet looking for a massive deal for draft picks. The team had a ton of holes and no way to fill them, their entire defense was and still is a mess, the oline is in shambles, and their RB situation is very injury prone. They desperately needed draft picks to turn it around and get the top talent in a draft instead of picking around 20 for the next 5 or so years with Wilson.

And they clearly believe in Drew Lock to do something for them, if they believe in Lock but not Wilson well I don’t follow that logic.
      Don't forget Geno.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

What makes you believe they believe in Drew Lock?

Maybe they just didn’t believe in any of the available quarterbacks in the draft.
        Or, Rome wasn't built in a day approach. They may follow Denver’s example and build a strong roster to which a good QB can be added later. They are in a strong division which may help the quality of future draft capital.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Don't forget Geno.
          It's kind of funny to see them having the 'Decision' going on with their QB situation. Carroll said Geno was in the lead because of his grasp of the system and he's been with the team. So glad we don't have to hear those statements coming out of Dove Valley anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

It's kind of funny to see them having the 'Decision' going on with their QB situation. Carroll said Geno was in the lead because of his grasp of the system and he's been with the team. So glad we don't have to hear those statements coming out of Dove Valley anymore.
            In that case, one wonders if Seattle's problem is "systemic"?

Comment

There is no wonder that is the issue. No matter what system offense or defense they say they will implement in the end it will always go back to running at all cost, throwing long, and keeping everything in front of you even if you give up a lot of yards and points. PC is over 70 he is not going to change

Comment

• I can't believe I am saying this, but if Seattle plays great defense again and runs the ball the way they did in Super Bowl appearances, Drew Lock will look like a competent QB there. Now I would rather have Russell Wilson in Denver everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                  I can't believe I am saying this, but if Seattle plays great defense again and runs the ball the way they did in Super Bowl appearances, Drew Lock will look like a competent QB there. Now I would rather have Russell Wilson in Denver everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
                  No, they will not they had that before Wilson and it got them 7-9.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                    I can't believe I am saying this, but if Seattle plays great defense again and runs the ball the way they did in Super Bowl appearances, Drew Lock will look like a competent QB there. Now I would rather have Russell Wilson in Denver everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
                    Football players can get better, worse or stay the same. Unless a change of scenery helps Drew, he shouldn't be asked to throw more than thirty passes per game; fewer if possible. A run heavy PAP offense is the only one in which he has a chance IMO, but ball security is still an issue for him.

Comment

Could you imagine if Drew Lock turns into Brett Favre,,, and Russell Wilson turns into Joe Flacco?????

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

Could you imagine if Drew Lock turns into Brett Favre,,, and Russell Wilson turns into Joe Flacco?????
                        I'll have what you're on.

Comment

I'll have what you're on.
                          If you got um' , Smoke um' !!!!

Comment

Football players can get better, worse or stay the same. Unless a change of scenery helps Drew, he shouldn't be asked to throw more than thirty passes per game; fewer if possible. A run heavy PAP offenseis the only one in which he has a chance IMO, but ball security is still an issue for him.
                            A WCO that Seattle runs

Comment

Football players can get better, worse or stay the same. Unless a change of scenery helps Drew, he shouldn't be asked to throw more than thirty passes per game; fewer if possible. A run heavy PAP offense is the only one in which he has a chance IMO, but ball security is still an issue for him.
                              Lock had no issues with ball security in 3 starts at the end of the 2021 season. Several fans on this board predicted he would have multiple turnovers in those games and Lock proved them wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Lock had no issues with ball security in 3 starts at the end of the 2021 season. Several fans on this board predicted he would have multiple turnovers in those games and Lock proved them wrong.
                                He just had issues with winning. Hence the move to get Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                                X