Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

The offense was to be built around Wilson at all. If it were their oline would not have been ranked 26th on avg during his tenure there. PC always wanted to run, play defense and throw long but only about 18 times a game. You should read his book, he says sit all. Run, Play defense throw long outside the numbers. To PC his offense is only there to help his defense. Every QB PC has had as an HC in the NFl was in the top 5 in sacks. because he doe snot value pass protection. Every Time he gave Wilson some room, he would pull it back in. For example last year Wladron's offense requires a motion. We went from top 5 in motion in game 1 to bottom 5 from games 2-15. Then game 16-17 back to top 5. Why the change after the first game, simple as PC said I got to help my defense which was not playing well. His answer to his defense is always to pull back the offense and try to make them take more time to run plays, giving his defense rest. The problem is his defense led the league in 5+ minute drives and led the league in 5+ minutes drive on the first drive of each half. Forget he plays a bend don't break defense giving up huge junks in the middle of the field. He puts that on the offense.

that aside they NEVER built the offense around Wilson. PCs answer to everything is run more.
    Except in the Super Bowl against, NE . I despise the Patriots. You have a lot of good points here, and no I don't think Pete Carrol ever really let Russel Wilson play the ball he is capable of. He didn't address his O-line and his run game and defense was just not good enough for a full season. Basically every year after that last SB appearance it has been that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Oh. Yes the move for Wilson with a trend of losing playoff games since 2015 and issues winning last season.
      Wilson who is much better than the guys we had last year, even the ones who didn't turn the ball over and still lost. Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

Except in the Super Bowl against, NE . I despise the Patriots. You have a lot of good points here, and no I don't think Pete Carrol ever really let Russel Wilson play the ball he is capable of. He didn't address his O-line and his run game and defense was just not good enough for a full season. Basically every year after that last SB appearance it has been that way.
        Yes and as to the last SB let's remember Wilson gave the Hawks a 2-score lead with 9 minutes to go and PC's supposedly all-world defense could not hold it. And what did PC also do he pulled in the offense? As to the infamous play, well since then a lot has come out. Specifically that it was PC who wanted to do the idiotic timing pattern to the middle of the field with our Uncategorized Groups WR. In fact, Wilson questioned the call but was told to run it. A horrible call should have been a rollout with Wilson having options of a run, throw, or throw away. NE knew what play was coming as soon as they lined up. Worse they ran it in front of Browner who played for the Hawks and knew that play. Then add they used a much smaller Kearse to try to get in Browners way. Wilson through the ball where the Wr was supposed to be like you do with timing patterns. Unfortunately, the Wr did not get there. becue of numerous reasons.

To me, the biggest issue was why couldn't PCs all-world defense hold a double-digit lead with 9 minutes to go? 72% of the money was spent on that side. But in typical PC fashion, he managed to ensure the offense took the blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Wilson who is much better than the guys we had last year, even the ones who didn't turn the ball over and still lost. Yes.
          Last year Teddy Bridgewater won more games than Russell Wilson.

Comment

You want him back then?

Comment

Ouch! Okay that is a little hard to argue, though I don't think Bridgewater would have won more games for the Seahawks last year than Wilson won with the same players. I do hope Wilson wins more games for Denver than Bridgewater did last year though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

You want him back then?
                Amazes me how he always fails to mention Wilson missed 3 games and played badly hurt for 4-5 more.

Also now let's look a that

Bridgewater
                3052 yards
                66% complt
                18 tds
                7 ints
                95 passer

Wilson
                3113 yards
                65% complt
                25 tds
                6 ints
                103 passer

Given Wilson's numbers are way better than Teddy's one can conclude the difference was the defense and Seattle's were awful.

It amazes me he still does understand Football is a team sport

Let's go one better

Bridgewater 33-30 or 52% career record, since 2015 which seems to be Fantaztic7 issue he is 27-24 52% teddy has had 1 winning season

Wilson 104-53-1 or 66% career and since 2015 68-41-1 or 62% Game over Wilson has had 9 winning seasons ( treend)

Now as to Wilson lets go 1 step farther, passer rating is the gold standard for performance by a QB

In his 10 years career, Wilson has been top 10 in passer rating 9 times and is the only QB to meet that mark.

Now again 2015 till now seems to be his warped time frame. let's look at that.

Wilson's per season Avg

4518 yards
                66% complt
                31 tds
                8 ints
                7.8 ypa
                102 passer
                401 yard rushing
                2 tds

Yeah 99% of all teams would take that as they are all top 1-10

Meanwhile Seattle's defense avg ranking since 2015
                20th

Seattles oline pass blocking avg ranking
                26th

Seattle rushing ranking per year minus QB
                21st

Then let's add this nugget

"“I’ve been here a long time. And if we didn’t have Russell, I probably wouldn’t have been here a long time. Carroll said. "

Game over

Last edited by Deandc; 05-06-2022, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Ouch! Okay that is a little hard to argue, though I don't think Bridgewater would have won more games for the Seahawks last year than Wilson won with the same players. I do hope Wilson wins more games for Denver than Bridgewater did last year though.
                  Wilson better win more games than Bridgewater - bare minimum expectation. Broncos traded their 2022 first-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, 2022 fifth-round pick, 2023 first-round pick, 2023 second-round pick, TE Noah Fant (first-round pick), DE Shelby Harris (starter) and QB Drew Lock (second-round pick).

With the claims of Wilson’s greatness by fans on this board, not winning the AFC West Championship this season is utter failure.

If the roster is anywhere near as good as fans claim, minimum expectation should be winning the AFC West and playing in the AFC Championship this season.

Comment

Amazes me how he always fails to mention Wilson missed 3 games and played badly hurt for 4-5 more.

Also now let's look a that

Bridgewater
                    3052 yards
                    66% complt
                    18 tds
                    7 ints
                    95 passer

Wilson
                    3113 yards
                    65% complt
                    25 tds
                    6 ints
                    103 passer

Given Wilson's numbers are way better than Teddy's one can conclude the difference was the defense and Seattle's were awful.

It amazes me he still does understand Football is a team sport

Let's go one better

Bridgewater 33-30 or 52% career record, since 2015 which seems to be Fantaztic7 issue he is 27-24 52% teddy has had 1 winning season

Wilson 104-53-1 or 66% career and since 2015 68-41-1 or 62% Game over Wilson has had 9 winning seasons ( treend)

Now as to Wilson lets go 1 step farther, passer rating is the gold standard for performance by a QB

In his 10 years career, Wilson has been top 10 in passer rating 9 times and is the only QB to meet that mark.

Now again 2015 till now seems to be his warped time frame. let's look at that.

Wilson's per season Avg

4518 yards
                    66% complt
                    31 tds
                    8 ints
                    7.8 ypa
                    102 passer
                    401 yard rushing
                    2 tds

Yeah 99% of all teams would take that as they are all top 1-10

Meanwhile Seattle's defense avg ranking since 2015
                    20th

Seattles oline pass blocking avg ranking
                    26th

Seattle rushing ranking per year minus QB
                    21st

Then let's add this nugget

"“I’ve been here a long time. And if we didn’t have Russell, I probably wouldn’t have been here a long time. Carroll said. "

Game over

Now do Bridgewater’s concussions.

Comment

The offense was to be built around Wilson at all. If it were their oline would not have been ranked 26th on avg during his tenure there. PC always wanted to run, play defense and throw long but only about 18 times a game. You should read his book, he says sit all. Run, Play defense throw long outside the numbers. To PC his offense is only there to help his defense. Every QB PC has had as an HC in the NFl was in the top 5 in sacks. because he doe snot value pass protection. Every Time he gave Wilson some room, he would pull it back in. For example last year Wladron's offense requires a motion. We went from top 5 in motion in game 1 to bottom 5 from games 2-15. Then game 16-17 back to top 5. Why the change after the first game, simple as PC said I got to help my defense which was not playing well. His answer to his defense is always to pull back the offense and try to make them take more time to run plays, giving his defense rest. The problem is his defense led the league in 5+ minute drives and led the league in 5+ minutes drive on the first drive of each half. Forget he plays a bend don't break defense giving up huge junks in the middle of the field. He puts that on the offense.

that aside they NEVER built the offense around Wilson. PCs answer to everything is run more.
                      Again great post spot on.

Comment

Wilson better win more games than Bridgewater - bare minimum expectation. Broncos traded their 2022 first-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, 2022 fifth-round pick, 2023 first-round pick, 2023 second-round pick, TE Noah Fant (first-round pick), DE Shelby Harris (starter) and QB Drew Lock (second-round pick).

With the claims of Wilson’s greatness by fans on this board, not winning the AFC West Championship this season is utter failure.

If the roster is anywhere near as good as fans claim, minimum expectation should be winning the AFC West and playing in the AFC Championship this season.
                        So you not happy about Russ coming here?

If so, you are one of the few.

Comment

• Most fans on this board claim Wilson is an elite quarterback and great leader. The Broncos should win the AFC West this season at a minimum, according to the hype.

Comment

• I think there is a chance The Broncos, with RW, can win the AFC WEST!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

So you not happy about Russ coming here?

If so, you are one of the few.
                              Yeah he is not a Wilson fan

Interesting first interesting hoe double talked in one post first
                              Wilson better win more games than Bridgewater - bare minimum expectation.

Then he changes it to

not winning the AFC West Championship this season is an utter failure.

I am guessing there is nothing Wilson could do that would satisfy him including winning the SB

Also interesting as he stats as fans, not as us but fans? Makes one wonder

Also interesting how we provide facts and stats to support our view and all he doe sis hide behind a trend that doe snot even have enough data to be a trend.

Oh well, I set it up so unless you quote him I don't see his factless negativity. I'm much happier about it.

Comment

I can't believe I am saying this, but if Seattle plays great defense again and runs the ball the way they did in Super Bowl appearances, Drew Lock will look like a competent QB there. Now I would rather have Russell Wilson in Denver everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
                                I'll be shocked if Seattle is even competitive. Their o-line doesn't seem capable of a substantive rushing game. Same thought with their rbs. I think their lost players on defense is going to severely damage the performance on that side, as well.I expect Seattle to end up around 5-12 and a distant last in a tough nfc-w.
                                Last edited by Broncos1963; 05-07-2022, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X