Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's another little piece of The Russ Wilson story:

Most games with a QB rating over 100 in the last 5 seasons......Russ Wilson with 45! Oh yeah, he's finished.

Comment

• Of active quarterbacks with 7 or more playoff losses, Russell Wilson has the fewest playoff wins since 2015. ✊

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

I can't speak for "most" fans but to have a sane, RATIONAL conversation we need to first agree on what is an "elite" QB. IMO, Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers and Allen are the "most elite" QBs. Russ is in the next group of QBs. He can compete with and even outplay the elite QBs, but those other guys have an edge.

Which logically brings us to, which of the QBs better than Russ were available and if they were, at what price?

And your argument about expectations that an elite QB has to win the AFC West is non-sequitor. One flaw is that it doesn't take into account that there are other "elite" QBs in the AFC West. How is it even possible to expect Russ, Mahomes and Herbert all three to "win the AFC West this season at a minimum"? And where does Carr factor into your "reasoning"? He isn't elite, but he's pretty good.

For his entire career John Elway was the best QB in the AFCW and by most accounts an "elite" QB. Why didn't he win the AFCW every year of his career?

This comment is dripping with unintentional irony.
        Imo, if you're going to add Allen in the elite then you have to add Wilson. What's the difference between the 2? Allen's height? They both go off script and freelance out there.

I'm in the camp that says Wilson is "elite" and I'm actually shocked that anyone thinks he's not. 100% agree with your take here so don't think I'm coming at you. 92 passer rating is his worst season and that was 2016.

I love the fact we have Russ as our QB. I would have been ok with giving up 1 or 2 more 1st round picks for him. Like you said, what is the going rate for elite QBs? What would the cost for Allen be?

Are we going to win the division every year with Russ here? No....Are we going to win 5 super bowls? No.....Are we going to be ultra competitive and have a shot at all that?? You betcha we are!!!! With Wilson we have that hope and the reality is we have that possibility

Comment

• Denver WILL lose some games this season. I'm super excited we FINALLY have a great QB but that doesn't mean we're going to win every game. I'm pretty sure we all understand that. We're going to lose a game or 2 we shouldn't and we're going to win some games we shouldn't....that's football LOL.

Just enjoy the ride and be happy we don't have to watch Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler, Case Keenum, Joe Flacco, Brandon Allen, Jeff Driskel, Brett Rypien, Drew Lock, Teddy Bridgewater or any other future gamble

Comment

• The fact that some are trying, and failing, to prove Wilson isn't an elite quarterback, is absurd.

If there are questions about how good the Broncos can be, it's two factors:

1. Injuries- We all know how important staying relatively healthy is and how injuries can always impact the team

2. New coaching staff- While I really like the new coaches, the fact is, they are all new and they have as much to prove as the players do.

Wilson is an elite quarterback. The Broncos are significantly better because of Wilson. There is no question about his ability. End of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
              Of active quarterbacks with 7 or more playoff losses, Russell Wilson has the fewest playoff wins since 2015. ✊
              Funny you mention that......when was the last time we were in the playoffs?

BTW, he's 9 and 7 in the playoffs, and since '15 he's been in 6 playoff series, including 2 wins. It is a team game, or so I hear.

You should check his QB Ratings in the playoffs since '15. Outside of one not so good game, he has a plus 100 rating.

I can't wait for your next "knock Russ" junk.

Comment

• Whether or not Russell Wilson is elite is irrelevant.

He’s the best quarterback the Broncos have had since Peyton Manning. He’s good enough to give us hope for the Broncos to be good again. That’s good enough for now.

On the subject of elite quarterback, I don’t know that he qualifies. To me, an elite quarterback doesn’t need people using scheme as an excuse for failing or not meeting expectations.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  Whether or not Russell Wilson is elite is irrelevant.

He’s the best quarterback the Broncos have had since Peyton Manning. He’s good enough to give us hope for the Broncos to be good again. That’s good enough for now.

On the subject of elite quarterback, I don’t know that he qualifies. To me, an elite quarterback doesn’t need people using scheme as an excuse for failing or not meeting expectations.
                  To me, elite means top notch intangibles, talent and much successful production. Wilson has all of those.

Now, is he better than Rodgers, Brady, Allen or Mahomes? Probably not. But he is not far behind and he is still amongst the best quarterbacks in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

To me, elite means top notch intangibles, talent and much successful production. Wilson has all of those.

Now, is he better than Rodgers, Brady, Allen or Mahomes? Probably not. But he is not far behind and he is still amongst the best quarterbacks in the league.
                    I also think folks have to factor in the best fit aspect of QB'ing. If you took the top 5 QBs and put them on different teams, I believe their results would differ, even if just a little. Take Brady for example. In his last years in NE, he was definitely not a good choice for fantasy football (for what that's worth). His stats were fine but nothing special. Then he goes to a new team and hits it out of the park. Some of it is related to talent around you, some is the environment, and some is just a new lease on life......and I think all 3 of those factors will be a big plus for Russ.

Comment

The fact that some are trying, and failing, to prove Wilson isn't an elite quarterback, is absurd.

If there are questions about how good the Broncos can be, it's two factors:

1. Injuries- We all know how important staying relatively healthy is and how injuries can always impact the team

2. New coaching staff- While I really like the new coaches, the fact is, they are all new and they have as much to prove as the players do.

Wilson is an elite quarterback. The Broncos are significantly better because of Wilson. There is no question about his ability. End of story.
                      Exactly which is another reason why expectations should be tempered around wresting the division crown away from the Chefs this year. Wilson gives us the chance but it's too much to expect a brand new coaching staff to accomplish that (and a conference title too!?) in their first season simply because we acquired Wilson. A lot of things have to gel and there will be growing pains. I'm excited nevertheless and I do expect improvement over what we had before.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• I hope it works out for us. We gave a ton to get him.

Comment

Well, I guess elite is like beauty. It’s in the eye of the beholder.

I scoff at the idea that Josh Allen is better than Russell Wilson. It’s definitely way too early to make that claim or that Allen is elite.
                          Last edited by broncolee; 05-09-2022, 12:56 PM.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Funny you mention that......when was the last time we were in the playoffs?

BTW, he's 9 and 7 in the playoffs, and since '15 he's been in 6 playoff series, including 2 wins. It is a team game, or so I hear.

You should check his QB Ratings in the playoffs since '15. Outside of one not so good game, he has a plus 100 rating.

I can't wait for your next "knock Russ" junk.
                            Weird the NFL doesn’t give wins based on ratings.

Wilson’s playoff record is 3-5 since 2015, 1-3 over the last 3 years in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Weird the NFL doesn’t give wins based on ratings.

Wilson’s playoff record is 3-5 since 2015, 1-3 over the last 3 years in the playoffs.
                              So he can play good but the losses are on him. I see.

Too bad for you I guess, because he'll be here for some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Well, I guess elite is like beauty. It’s in the eye of the beholder.

I scoff at the idea that Josh Allen is better than Russell Wilson. It’s definitely way to early to make that claim or that Allen is elite.
                                Well lets look at that

Allen Season avg
                                62% complt
                                3528 yards
                                25 tds
                                11 ints
                                91 passer rating

Wilson
                                65% comply
                                3706 yards
                                29 tds
                                8 ints
                                101.8 passer
                                470 attempts

Lets look at other so-called Elite
                                Brady
                                64% complt
                                3842 yards
                                28 tds
                                9 ints
                                97 passer
                                514 attempts

Rodgers
                                65% Complt
                                3256 yards
                                26 tds
                                6 ints
                                104 passer
                                547 attempts

Mahomes
                                66% complt
                                4747 yards
                                37tds
                                10 ints
                                105 passer
                                586 attempts

So now as we can see Wilson's numbers are right there with all the so-called Elite and having done it trowing any place from 40 - 0ver 100 fewer attempts. Why because he has never been in a system built for him.

Now let's extrapolate out what would his numbers be if he through as many times as Mahomes

Wilson
                                586 attempts
                                65% complt
                                4570 yards
                                41 tds
                                10 ints
                                103 passer

Hmm seems like I said Wilson is right up there with all the elites

Comment

Working...
                                X