No announcement yet.

Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI guess who has the 2nd best all time passer rating with 100 games or more played Russell Wilson

Guess who has the 4th most wins in the NFL career amongst active Qbs Russel Wilson oh and that's out of 174 starts while all above him have 50+ starts more.

Guess who is 3rd in td/int Ratio all time...Wilson

Guess who is top 10 in playoff passer rating? Wilson

Can go on and on but guess what you can be Home in them all that does not guarantee your team wins. Takes a team. GUess how you know. Because Brady and Manning are both 17th or worse. Cant win with a QB that bad without a great team.

Comment

• Broncos acquired Manning with zero risk - no draft picks or players traded. Wilson cost two first round picks, two second round picks, a fifth round pick, Fant (former first), Lock (former 2nd) and Harris (starter). Huge difference in the acquisition of each.

Btw Manning was 6-4 in the last five trips to the playoffs before signing with the Broncos. Wilson 3-5 in the last five trips to the playoffs before signing with the Broncos.

Comment

• Also so everyone knows this year despite missing 3 games and playing hurt several more, with the 26th ranked pass blocking oline, and mediocre run game

Wilson completed 65% of his passes, 3113 yards, 25 tds, 6 ints, 4:1 td/int, 103 passer, and 2 more rushing tds MOSt are top 10 and even top 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by welderhead View Post
          Moonballs. That's what I've been seeing from Wilson. Would prefer drafting young dude.
          Those moonballs are accurate though.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Wilson better win more games than Bridgewater - bare minimum expectation. Broncos traded their 2022 first-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, 2022 fifth-round pick, 2023 first-round pick, 2023 second-round pick, TE Noah Fant (first-round pick), DE Shelby Harris (starter) and QB Drew Lock (second-round pick).

With the claims of Wilson’s greatness by fans on this board, not winning the AFC West Championship this season is utter failure.

If the roster is anywhere near as good as fans claim, minimum expectation should be winning the AFC West and playing in the AFC Championship this season.
            Sorry I took so long to get back to this. I will be candid. You are doggone right Wilson better win more games, if healthy, than Bridgewater did. Yes, when you give up a lot you should expect a lot.

Denver still needs to play great defense to win the AFC West. Mahomes can be unbelievably good, best in the league stuff at times. Herbert doesn't appear to be trending backwards, and he was really, really good at times last year. I would have taken Carr over any QB we put on the field the last 5 years. Elway was the best QB in the Division for a lot of if not most of his career. Denver's Defense and run game did help him against Fouts, who is a HOF QB, and Montana in KC who was still very good until injury.

I don't need to tell you Football is a team sport you know that. Some on this board are so tired of inept QB play that logic is a little skewed. But given Wilson's ability and yes his play, even last year when healthy, I do believe Denver competes with KC for the division. They could have maybe won it last year, as KC kind of played meh at times, and our QB play gave away at least 4-5 games and that is being very generous. A division title this year is possible. I wouldn't say Wilson is a failure if we don't get that. We better make the playoffs though, and really should win a game too.
            Last edited by WYBRONCO; 05-10-2022, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

We also have some guys that can go up and get, run under, those accurate moonballs.

Comment

• Sure, new coaches, some FAs, nice draft....but the one denominator that explains why we went from having the 9th selection (which we traded) to 8th in the NFL N's latest rankings wears the number 3.

Comment

Moonballs. That's what I've been seeing from Wilson. Would prefer drafting young dude.
                  Moonballs? Did not know the Moon had balls. Would that be like a couple of elliptical asteroids? Or, if it was like Hitler, just one? Russell Wilson has Moonballs and you can see them? Is that a football term or anatomical? Might need to define some terms here.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Does NASA and DOD know about these accurate Moonballs?

Comment

[/QUOTE]

These so-called moon balls have made him widely known as the best deep-ball thrower in the league because they are catchable and accurate.

That said you obviously have not been watching allot of Wilson games so here

https://www.nfl.com/videos/wilson-sl...e-falling-down

https://www.seahawks.com/video/2020-...dart-to-tyler-

Here you go some moonballs and some darts

Thre are tons more but you get the pciture

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post
                        Originally posted by welderhead View Post
                        These so-called moon balls have made him widely known as the best deep-ball thrower in the league because they are catchable and accurate.

Thre are tons more but you get the pciture[/QUOTE]

Dude! Those are neither moonballs nor darts. Those are footballs!

Comment

• If we don’t make playoffs this year bad deal

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

Sorry I took so long to get back to this. I will be candid. You are doggone right Wilson better win more games, if healthy, than Bridgewater did. Yes, when you give up a lot you should expect a lot.

Denver still needs to play great defense to win the AFC West. Mahomes can be unbelievably good, best in the league stuff at times. Herbert doesn't appear to be trending backwards, and he was really, really good at times last year. I would have taken Carr over any QB we put on the field the last 5 years. Elway was the best QB in the Division for a lot of if not most of his career. Denver's Defense and run game did help him against Fouts, who is a HOF QB, and Montana in KC who was still very good until injury.

I don't need to tell you Football is a team sport you know that. Some on this board are so tired of inept QB play that logic is a little skewed. But given Wilson's ability and yes his play, even last year when healthy, I do believe Denver competes with KC for the division. They could have maybe won it last year, as KC kind of played meh at times, and our QB play gave away at least 4-5 games and that is being very generous. A division title this year is possible. I wouldn't say Wilson is a failure if we don't get that. We better make the playoffs though, and really should win a game too.
                            Agree. The expectations should be high. Some fans claim Wilson is elite. Most say he’s one of the upper tier quarterbacks. We’ve also heard many fans say the roster is loaded with talent and only needed better quarterback play (and better coaching). If Wilson is as great as some claim and the roster as talented as has been said, then this team should be a contender.

Wilson’s recent playoff record is concerning, 3-5 since 2015, the last five playoff appearances. What I hear consistently from fans is that Wilson wasn’t to blame - the team and coaches let him down. Well, works the same way when people say he is elite - that’s the team and the coaches. Can’t have it both ways, giving him credit for the success and removing accountability when they lost playoff games.

In Wilson’s last 5 playoff losses he had 7 TD, 4 INT and averaged 222.5 yards passing in 4 of 5 losses. He had a high passer rating in 3 of the losses but didn’t have much scoring production. Bridgewater had a high completion rate in a lot of games but didn’t produce much.

To prove his value for the trade he needs to lead the Broncos to winning the AFC West and winning in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Thre are tons more but you get the pciture
                              Dude! Those are neither moonballs nor darts. Those are footballs! [/QUOTE]

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
                                If we don’t make playoffs this year bad deal
                                Not true it depends on why we don't make it.

For example, we improve to say 11-6 but lose out in some stupid level 7 tiebreaker.

Another a lot of major injuries.

To me as long as we improve to double-digit wins in the first year of a new QB, New HC, and New staff that is the right direction. Then 2nd-year playoffs for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X