Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

Not true it depends on why we don't make it.

For example, we improve to say 11-6 but lose out in some stupid level 7 tiebreaker.

Another a lot of major injuries.

To me as long as we improve to double-digit wins in the first year of a new QB, New HC, and New staff that is the right direction. Then 2nd-year playoffs for sure.

While I mostly agree with what you are saying, totally disagree on making the playoffs.

Playoffs are an absolute must considering this trade and the fact it's been 6 years missing them...

It has to happen this year, barring Wilson getting hurt for the year...there are no questions it is a must
    sigpic

Comment

• I am confused how some almost talk threatening about how we have to be great or else. I am hoping we are better (and yes, I expect it based on what I have observed), which is why you make deals and do what you do. How much better is kind of an unknown at this point.

But based on my estimation, Paton has worked a lot of magic in 2 years, and this team is showing real signs of competitiveness again, after 6 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I am confused how some almost talk threatening about how we have to be great or else. I am hoping we are better (and yes, I expect it based on what I have observed), which is why you make deals and do what you do. How much better is kind of an unknown at this point.

But based on my estimation, Paton has worked a lot of magic in 2 years, and this team is showing real signs of competitiveness again, after 6 years.
        unrealistic expectations and forgetting what it takes to win and the things that can happen along the way that can take a win to a loss. Injuries and not just to Wilson being the one I am most concerned with. How long to learn a new system to name 2. But people will put their own criteria into what they think. Not realizing it really doe snot matter what any of us think. In the end, its the HC and GM that will decide on success or failure. We made a trade to get better. On paper we did. when we play we may too, how much better is the question.

Unlike Manning and Stafford Wilson did not come to a team that was already in the playoffs the year before. he came to a losing team. Step one is teaching them how to win. step 2 is the playoffs, step 3 is the SB. This may all happen in 1 year may take 2.

All those saying if not this in year 1 it's a failure and will change their tune if it's an SB win in year2. If they don't in the end their opinion doe snot matter to anyone but them.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Does NASA and DOD know about these accurate Moonballs?
          Yes, yes they do.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• I remember the look on Russell Wilson’s face watching the SB. Guarantee his expectations are higher than anyone on this board.

Comment

Does NASA and DOD know about these accurate Moonballs?
              Lol that's hilarious

Comment

...it really doe snot matter what any of us think...their opinion doe snot matter to anyone but them.
                That's one of the funnier typo's I've seen.
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

These so-called moon balls have made him widely known as the best deep-ball thrower in the league because they are catchable and accurate.

That said you obviously have not been watching allot of Wilson games so here

https://www.nfl.com/videos/wilson-sl...e-falling-down

https://www.seahawks.com/video/2020-...dart-to-tyler-

Here you go some moonballs and some darts

Thre are tons more but you get the pciture

Dude! Those are neither moonballs nor darts. Those are footballs!
                  Yup. The first thing that leapt off the screen (to me) was how nice his passes looked. Like a freaking movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                    I am certain the Broncos are better with Russell Wilson minus the players and draft picks they gave up... BUT I/we will have to wait and see the results as none of us know the future. All the stats/wins in the past are meaningless now. At this point us fans have no choice... should be entertaining.
                    The season that is.

Well...Lock was going nowhere but out the door. Fant has weaknesses and is replaceable. I will miss Shelby Harris, I really liked the guy. We weren't getting anything as good as Wilson's immediate impact with those picks.

Comment

unrealistic expectations and forgetting what it takes to win and the things that can happen along the way that can take a win to a loss. Injuries and not just to Wilson being the one I am most concerned with. How long to learn a new system to name 2. But people will put their own criteria into what they think. Not realizing it really doe snot matter what any of us think. In the end, its the HC and GM that will decide on success or failure. We made a trade to get better. On paper we did. when we play we may too, how much better is the question.

Unlike Manning and Stafford Wilson did not come to a team that was already in the playoffs the year before. he came to a losing team. Step one is teaching them how to win. step 2 is the playoffs, step 3 is the SB. This may all happen in 1 year may take 2.

All those saying if not this in year 1 it's a failure and will change their tune if it's an SB win in year2. If they don't in the end their opinion doe snot matter to anyone but them.
                      I agree. If there is concern about the trade, why have most analysts predicted us to be a 10 or better team this year, versus last year's sub par outcome? I mention this again because, as you say, none of us know the end game here but most of us like the odds. And I am sure glad we did not have settle with Lock or one of this less than impressive draft classes. I think Lock could be a decent QB if he does his work and focusses on being a real pro, but my gut tells me he will not be Seattle's starter for too long. In fact, I think Geno will outplay him.

As for this draft, I liked Pickett, but now we see what the league thought about the entire group.

No, I'll take a proven star in this league, who will comes on a mission. The players we traded could do well, but maybe not worth us worrying about. The draft picks...lets just say you typically have to use a pretty high first round pick for a good QB, and that comes with no NFL experience. The additional traded draft picks are all about the value you received.

FTR....I am hearing some nice stuff about Dulcich. We may have found our TE.
                      Last edited by CanDB; 05-11-2022, 07:15 AM.

Comment

I agree. If there is concern about the trade, why have most analysts predicted us to be a 10 or better team this year, versus last year's sub par outcome? I mention this again because, as you say, none of us know the end game here but most of us like the odds. And I am sure glad we did not have settle with Lock or one of this less than impressive draft classes. I think Lock could be a decent QB if he does his work and focusses on being a real pro, but my gut tells me he will not be Seattle's starter for too long. In fact, I think Geno will outplay him.

As for this draft, I liked Pickett, but now we see what the league thought about the entire group.

No, I'll take a proven star in this league, who will comes on a mission. The players we traded could do well, but maybe not worth us worrying about. The draft picks...lets just say you typically have to use a pretty high first round pick for a good QB, and that comes with no NFL experience. The additional traded draft picks are all about the value you received.

The league also thought of Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen as 1st , 3rd and 10th picks in the draft. How good was the league with their assessment?

The league thought of Dak Prescott as a 4th round pick.

Comment

• Zack Kelberman talking about Bucky Brooks's hot take on the Broncos being bottom feeders this year.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ottom-afc-west

It really is an absurd take when you think about it. You can't say with certainty that Mahomes and Herbert are better performers than Wilson. Situation matters. The only thing you can say is that all three are high level franchise quarterbacks, and Derek Carr is the odd man out in that discussion. People buy into recency bias and winning way too much when it comes to the QB position. See Brady's last couple years in NE, Rodgers before LaFleur, Stafford in LA, Burrow with Chase, Ryan with Shanahan. What did QB needy teams across the NFL have to say about Garoppolo this offseason? I wonder if people actually think Seattle's OCs have had the same effect on quarterbacks as Andy Reid? Bottom line is that Mahomes, Wilson, and Herbert are all good. Anything beyond that is gray area.

If you want to make the argument, incorporating the TE position, that the other teams have a better receiving corps than the Broncos, fine. I could make the same argument for Denver though, because we have as much or more depth in talent as they do. Our receivers have been hamstrung by bad coaching and, before this season, QB play. They have to take a step forward, yes. That's where Russell Wilson and the offensive coaching staff come in. Does anybody really think Davante Adams is going to go Fresno State with Carr now that he's liberated from Aaron Rodgers? We're just assuming that Hardman or Moore are going to be Tyreek Hill? Why would these things be automatic, when Denver's receivers are supposed to be what they were with Bridgewater and Lock throwing the ball?

RBs? Please. Get out of here. People, some Broncos fans included, don't comprehend what Melvin Gordon is. He has a history of misfortunate fumbles, but he's an NFL RB1 and our RB2. Melvin Gordon is about as talented as running backs get. He was drafted before any other RB in this division. Soak that up for a minute. The combination of Josh Jacobs, Kenyon Drake, and Zamir White is not better than Williams and Gordon. Ekeler was RB2 when Gordon was on his damn team. Edwards-Helaire was over drafted, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jones ended up taking half of the carries next year.

I guess the argument on defense is we don't have Fangio anymore. Granted, Fangio's defense is all the rage. Schematically, what I'm hearing is that we'll be running the same defense for the most part. If we're talking gameplan, yeah, Fangio was responsible for some great gameplans over the years. Last year's 2nd game against KC is a good example. He also put together some duds. See the Ravens game last year. Philosophically, we're going to be more aggressive this season according to Evero. We'll see if the defense, which was best in the division last season, falls off a cliff as some suggest. There was a significant gap between us and the other three last year, so I don't know if Wilson needs to work miracles as Brooks implies. Objectively speaking, being better than Teddy Bridgewater and Drew Lock alone should at least put us in the conversation, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

That's one of the funnier typo's I've seen.
                            It's not a typo. It's actually doe snot, not to be confused with buck snot, which is not to be confused with buckshot.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

The league also thought of Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen as 1st , 3rd and 10th picks in the draft. How good was the league with their assessment?

The league thought of Dak Prescott as a 4th round pick.
                              Cherry picking I see.

You want to know the difference.......Russ Wilson is a proven NFL star, and is not nearly finished. Not one person you named was an NFL star, make that, was an NFLer.

So who did you want to be our QB? Assuming you are a fan. Fan7 probably means you loved John Elway, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Cherry picking I see.

You want to know the difference.......Russ Wilson is a proven NFL star, and is not nearly finished. Not one person you named was an NFL star, make that, was an NFLer.

So who did you want to be our QB? Assuming you are a fan. Fan7 probably means you loved John Elway, correct?
                                Uh, this you who made a comment about the league’s thought on quarterbacks? Your comment is a reference to higher authority, as if none of this year’s class can be successful based on lower selection.

The same “league” thought Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen were top talent in their draft class. How did the league’s assessment of Rosen pan out? The “league thought” on this year’s class of quarterbacks doesn’t mean they won’t be successful.

Comment

Working...
                                X