Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Zack Kelberman talking about Bucky Brooks's hot take on the Broncos being bottom feeders this year.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ottom-afc-west

It really is an absurd take when you think about it. You can't say with certainty that Mahomes and Herbert are better performers than Wilson. Situation matters. The only thing you can say is that all three are high level franchise quarterbacks, and Derek Carr is the odd man out in that discussion. People buy into recency bias and winning way too much when it comes to the QB position. See Brady's last couple years in NE, Rodgers before LaFleur, Stafford in LA, Burrow with Chase, Ryan with Shanahan. What did QB needy teams across the NFL have to say about Garoppolo this offseason? I wonder if people actually think Seattle's OCs have had the same effect on quarterbacks as Andy Reid? Bottom line is that Mahomes, Wilson, and Herbert are all good. Anything beyond that is gray area.

If you want to make the argument, incorporating the TE position, that the other teams have a better receiving corps than the Broncos, fine. I could make the same argument for Denver though, because we have as much or more depth in talent as they do. Our receivers have been hamstrung by bad coaching and, before this season, QB play. They have to take a step forward, yes. That's where Russell Wilson and the offensive coaching staff come in. Does anybody really think Davante Adams is going to go Fresno State with Carr now that he's liberated from Aaron Rodgers? We're just assuming that Hardman or Moore are going to be Tyreek Hill? Why would these things be automatic, when Denver's receivers are supposed to be what they were with Bridgewater and Lock throwing the ball?

RBs? Please. Get out of here. People, some Broncos fans included, don't comprehend what Melvin Gordon is. He has a history of misfortunate fumbles, but he's an NFL RB1 and our RB2. Melvin Gordon is about as talented as running backs get. He was drafted before any other RB in this division. Soak that up for a minute. The combination of Josh Jacobs, Kenyon Drake, and Zamir White is not better than Williams and Gordon. Ekeler was RB2 when Gordon was on his damn team. Edwards-Helaire was over drafted, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jones ended up taking half of the carries next year.

I guess the argument on defense is we don't have Fangio anymore. Granted, Fangio's defense is all the rage. Schematically, what I'm hearing is that we'll be running the same defense for the most part. If we're talking gameplan, yeah, Fangio was responsible for some great gameplans over the years. Last year's 2nd game against KC is a good example. He also put together some duds. See the Ravens game last year. Philosophically, we're going to be more aggressive this season according to Evero. We'll see if the defense, which was best in the division last season, falls off a cliff as some suggest. There was a significant gap between us and the other three last year, so I don't know if Wilson needs to work miracles as Brooks implies. Objectively speaking, being better than Teddy Bridgewater and Drew Lock alone should at least put us in the conversation, right?
    Pundits are entitled to their opinions and are paid to express them. Over half the teams in the NFL play in the Eastern Time Zone and the vast majority are east of the Mississippi. Five and a half teams are in the Pacific TZ and just one and a half in the Mountain, the whole being Denver and the half Phoenix. Based on numbers alone, bias in the sports media reflects this.

NFL pundits have a hard time keeping up with the Denver Broncos because they're in the Rockies far away from the geographical center of gravity of the rest of the league. That goes for the HOF, too. Anyone who follows the Broncos closely has a hard time finding any sports reporter who is as knowledgeable. When former players or coaches become pundits, they carry the baggage of biases formed during their careers. There are very few who are objective when it comes to the Denver Broncos. This is what I have observed during the past fifty-eight years.

I'm only interested in the team, so I need to see it. Then I can observe and make up my own mind. On occasion I will mute the sound because don't think I need someone telling me how to watch a football game. What makes punditry so all over the map concerning the Broncos right now is the newness, youth and inexperience of the coaching staff. Except for Dom Capers and Bill Kollar, it's a young group compared with the previous staff. Hackett and his coordinators are new to their roles. We shall just need to wait and see what the team looks like on the field.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Uh, this you who made a comment about the league’s thought on quarterbacks? Your comment is a reference to higher authority, as if none of this year’s class can be successful based on lower selection.

The same “league” thought Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen were top talent in their draft class. How did the league’s assessment of Rosen pan out? The “league thought” on this year’s class of quarterbacks doesn’t mean they won’t be successful.

This type of argument goes nowhere fast.

But you didn't answer my question, and I still think you haven't answered a previous question I asked. So who did you want this year as our QB (assuming you are a Broncos fan)?

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Pundits are entitled to their opinions and are paid to express them. Over half the teams in the NFL play in the Eastern Time Zone and the vast majority are east of the Mississippi. Five and a half teams are in the Pacific TZ and just one and a half in the Mountain, the whole being Denver and the half Phoenix. Based on numbers alone, bias in the sports media reflects this.

NFL pundits have a hard time keeping up with the Denver Broncos because they're in the Rockies far away from the geographical center of gravity of the rest of the league. That goes for the HOF, too. Anyone who follows the Broncos closely has a hard time finding any sports reporter who is as knowledgeable. When former players or coaches become pundits, they carry the baggage of biases formed during their careers. There are very few who are objective when it comes to the Denver Broncos. This is what I have observed during the past fifty-eight years.

I'm only interested in the team, so I need to see it. Then I can observe and make up my own mind. On occasion I will mute the sound because don't think I need someone telling me how to watch a football game. What makes punditry so all over the map concerning the Broncos right now is the newness, youth and inexperience of the coaching staff. Except for Dom Capers and Bill Kollar, it's a young group compared with the previous staff. Hackett and his coordinators are new to their roles. We shall just need to wait and see what the team looks like on the field.
        Bucky is the minority as most say the exact opposite.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

This type of argument goes nowhere fast.

But you didn't answer my question, and I still think you haven't answered a previous question I asked. So who did you want this year as our QB (assuming you are a Broncos fan)?
          Because the appeal to higher authority of the “league’s thought” of this year’s quarterback class was decimated by calling out what happened with former top picks.

Comment

@Seahawks
            QB
            @DangeRussWilson
            joined Peyton Manning and Dan Marino in throwing 20 touchdowns in each of their first 10 seasons. #GoHawks
            2:56 PM · Jan 2, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

@Seahawks
            QB
            @DangeRussWilson
            tied Dan Marino and Peyton Manning for the most games with at least four touchdown passes in a player’s first 10 seasons in NFL history with 17. #GoHawks
            4:06 PM · Jan 2, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
            • Minimize all Leaderboards
            Probowls PLayer of the Week
            2020 - Week 3 NFC Offensive
            2020 - Week 1 NFC Offensive
            2019 - Week 9 NFC Offensive
            2019 - Week 2 NFC Offensive
            2017 - Week 13 NFC Offensive
            2017 - Week 8 NFC Offensive
            2015 - Week 12 NFC Offensive
            2014 - Week 16 NFC Offensive
            2014 - Week 5 NFC Offensive
            2013 - Week 13 NFC Offensive
            2012 - Week 16 PFW NFL Offensive
            2012 - Week 13 NFC Offensive
            Player of the month Passign Yards
            2016 NFL 4219 (10)
            2017 NFL 3983 (9)
            2019 NFL 4110 (6)
            2020 NFL 4212 (9)
            Active 37059 (7)
            Career 37059 (26)
            Passsing Tds
            2012 NFL
            26 (9)
            2013 NFL 26 (9)
            2015 NFL 34 (6/56)
            2017 NFL 34 (1/56)
            2018 NFL 35 (3/47)
            2019 NFL 31 (3)
            2020 NFL 40 (2/15)
            Active 292 (6)
            Career 292 (15)
            Passer rating
            2012 NFL 100.0 (4)
            2013 NFL 101.2 (7)
            2014 NFL 95.0 (10)
            2015 NFL 110.1 (1)
            2017 NFL 95.4 (10)
            2018 NFL 110.9 (3)
            2019 NFL 106.3 (5)
            2020 NFL 105.1 (7)
            2021 NFL 103.1 (4)
            Active 101.8 (4)
            Career 101.8 (4)

Enough Said

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Because the appeal to higher authority of the “league’s thought” of this year’s quarterback class was decimated by calling out what happened with former top picks.
              Not gonna answer any questions?

Comment

Zack Kelberman talking about Bucky Brooks's hot take on the Broncos being bottom feeders this year.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ottom-afc-west

It really is an absurd take when you think about it. You can't say with certainty that Mahomes and Herbert are better performers than Wilson. Situation matters. The only thing you can say is that all three are high level franchise quarterbacks, and Derek Carr is the odd man out in that discussion. People buy into recency bias and winning way too much when it comes to the QB position. See Brady's last couple years in NE, Rodgers before LaFleur, Stafford in LA, Burrow with Chase, Ryan with Shanahan. What did QB needy teams across the NFL have to say about Garoppolo this offseason? I wonder if people actually think Seattle's OCs have had the same effect on quarterbacks as Andy Reid? Bottom line is that Mahomes, Wilson, and Herbert are all good. Anything beyond that is gray area.

If you want to make the argument, incorporating the TE position, that the other teams have a better receiving corps than the Broncos, fine. I could make the same argument for Denver though, because we have as much or more depth in talent as they do. Our receivers have been hamstrung by bad coaching and, before this season, QB play. They have to take a step forward, yes. That's where Russell Wilson and the offensive coaching staff come in. Does anybody really think Davante Adams is going to go Fresno State with Carr now that he's liberated from Aaron Rodgers? We're just assuming that Hardman or Moore are going to be Tyreek Hill? Why would these things be automatic, when Denver's receivers are supposed to be what they were with Bridgewater and Lock throwing the ball?

RBs? Please. Get out of here. People, some Broncos fans included, don't comprehend what Melvin Gordon is. He has a history of misfortunate fumbles, but he's an NFL RB1 and our RB2. Melvin Gordon is about as talented as running backs get. He was drafted before any other RB in this division. Soak that up for a minute. The combination of Josh Jacobs, Kenyon Drake, and Zamir White is not better than Williams and Gordon. Ekeler was RB2 when Gordon was on his damn team. Edwards-Helaire was over drafted, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jones ended up taking half of the carries next year.

I guess the argument on defense is we don't have Fangio anymore. Granted, Fangio's defense is all the rage. Schematically, what I'm hearing is that we'll be running the same defense for the most part. If we're talking gameplan, yeah, Fangio was responsible for some great gameplans over the years. Last year's 2nd game against KC is a good example. He also put together some duds. See the Ravens game last year. Philosophically, we're going to be more aggressive this season according to Evero. We'll see if the defense, which was best in the division last season, falls off a cliff as some suggest. There was a significant gap between us and the other three last year, so I don't know if Wilson needs to work miracles as Brooks implies. Objectively speaking, being better than Teddy Bridgewater and Drew Lock alone should at least put us in the conversation, right?
                Something to consider, bucky is not knocking Wilson. He is just doubting the rest. Which of course also makes no sense given the defense was top 5. I find that bucky is the most biased of pungent. And usually always tried to rail against what most are saying.

Comment

• I actually wanted Malik Willis, not instead of Russell Wilson. It is probably too much to ask for us to wait 5 years to use him on a Second Rd draft pick though.
                  Last edited by WYBRONCO; 05-11-2022, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

For me the mute button became standard equipment for a couple of the prime time guys. One of them left for another gig just in time for Russell Wilson though.

Comment

For me the mute button became standard equipment for a couple of the prime time guys. One of them left for another gig just in time for Russell Wilson though.
                      The only unbiased one that I can recall is Tony Romo all the rest can go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

The only unbiased one that I can recall is Tony Romo all the rest can go away.
                        I find that it helps to mock the commentators for being so stupid. I get a lot of good laughs out of what they say at times.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...bv6QQvVV0FzzrQ

Seattle on the road in Wk 1 on MNF

Comment

• Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
                            If we don’t make playoffs this year bad deal
                            I 100% agree.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• We kind of have to win 10 games, if we go 10 - 7 and we don't make the wild card, I still think that it would be worth it ?????

(And we have to at least beat the chiefs, raiders and chargers, once each.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                                We kind of have to win 10 games, if we go 10 - 7 and we don't make the wild card, I still think that it would be worth it ?????

(And we have to at least beat the chiefs, raiders and chargers, once each.)

Denver was 7-10. So if they go yo 10-7 given new qb, new coaching staff, and system. That would be a win. This is not like when Manning came and Denver was a playoff team. Denver had loosing record. First step winning record, then playoff.

Comment

Working...
                                X