Russell Wilson to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

Denver was 7-10. So if they go yo 10-7 given new qb, new coaching staff, and system. That would be a win. This is not like when Manning came and Denver was a playoff team. Denver had loosing record. First step winning record, then playoff.
    Denver had an 8-8 team that only made the playoffs because the Chargers decided to save Norv Turner’s job for one more season. Manning came and they were legit Super Bowl contenders.

While I would be happy enough for 10 wins this season regardless of playoff contention, I can understand why some might think that’s not good enough. The Broncos gave up a lot and need more than just a winning record in return at some point.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Denver was 7-10. So if they go yo 10-7 given new qb, new coaching staff, and system. That would be a win. This is not like when Manning came and Denver was a playoff team. Denver had loosing record. First step winning record, then playoff.
      When low expectations contradict dozens of posts of the *legend* of Russell Wilson.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Denver had an 8-8 team that only made the playoffs because the Chargers decided to save Norv Turner’s job for one more season. Manning came and they were legit Super Bowl contenders.

While I would be happy enough for 10 wins this season regardless of playoff contention, I can understand why some might think that’s not good enough. The Broncos gave up a lot and need more than just a winning record in return at some point.
        Does not matter how nor why they were a playoff team then they are not now.

Comment

It matters. You only wish it didn’t. There isn’t a whole lot of difference between then and now.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

It matters. You only wish it didn’t. There isn’t a whole lot of difference between then and now.
            Well, 1 you can't prove that. 2 they were a playoff team. They did not have a losing record. Those 2 things are huge within the psyche of a player, and team. They go into next year knowing they are not losers. Knowing they made the playoffs. Then knowing that they add a top QB.

So there is a HUGE difference
            Last edited by Deandc; 05-15-2022, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Broncos have Russell Wilson......not Drew Lock, not Teddy Bridgwater, not Joe Flacco, not Case Keenum, not Brandon Allen, not Paxton Lynch....

RUSSELL FREAKING WILSON!!!!!
              I could care less what/who they gave up to get him. We are a playoff team now and we have some members pissed about that????? Mind-blowing

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                Broncos have Russell Wilson......not Drew Lock, not Teddy Bridgwater, not Joe Flacco, not Case Keenum, not Brandon Allen, not Paxton Lynch....

RUSSELL FREAKING WILSON!!!!!
                I could care less what/who they gave up to get him. We are a playoff team now and we have some members pissed about that????? Mind-blowing
                My favorite song to list to is Joe Satriani Ride. It was one of my favorite songs decades ago and Wilson brought it back to my playlist.

I JUST WANT TO RIDE!
                Let's Ride!

Comment

it matters to true fans. you don't give all those picks and players just to have a winning record. we need to be in the playoffs every damn year for that.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

it matters to true fans. you don't give all those picks and players just to have a winning record. we need to be in the playoffs every damn year for that.
                    Russ has made the playoffs 8 of his 10 years in the league. So we have that going for us 😎
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      Russ has made the playoffs 8 of his 10 years in the league. So we have that going for us 😎
                      He is 3-5 in the playoffs since 2015, 1-3 in his last four playoff games. Trend is moving in the wrong direction. Making the playoffs isn’t good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

He is 3-5 in the playoffs since 2015, 1-3 in his last four playoff games. Trend is moving in the wrong direction. Making the playoffs isn’t good enough.
                        Matt Stafford was 0-3 in the postseason before last year, how did that work out again?

We have not made the playoffs in 6 seasons. You cannot win a Superbowl if you dont make the playoffs.
                        He has made playoffs 80% of his career.
                        He is 9-7 all time in the playoffs, with a SB title and 2 conference championships.

Wilson gives us the best chance to win since Manning was here period!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Manning was 2-4 in the playoffs in his last 6 playoff games before coming to Denver, did you not want him either?
                          sigpic

Comment

• [
                            No Bronco fan should be bummed about Russell Wilson when we have trotted out:
                            1. Lock
                            2. Bridgwater
                            3. Keenum
                            4. Flacco
                            5. Lynch
                            6. Siemien

We have the best QB since 2014 Peyton ( 1st half of the season).
                            Last edited by Peanut; 05-16-2022, 02:27 PM. Reason: Deleted quoted post
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

This year's picks were the only valuable part of that trade. Next year's 1st and 2nd will be in the high 20's and 50-60 range. I'd say that's not too much for an ELITE QB!!! If anything we got a bargain.

Lock will never sniff the level Wilson is. Harris is good but replaceable, see DJ Jones. Fant never really lived up to his draft status anyway. Dulcich will probably have the same amount of success as a 3rd round pick.

Denver will be in the playoffs and if Wilson can bring just one championship the trade will go down as one of the biggest lopsided trades in history.....in Denvers favor

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

This year's picks were the only valuable part of that trade. Next year's 1st and 2nd will be in the high 20's and 50-60 range. I'd say that's not too much for an ELITE QB!!! If anything we got a bargain.

Lock will never sniff the level Wilson is. Harris is good but replaceable, see DJ Jones. Fant never really lived up to his draft status anyway. Dulcich will probably have the same amount of success as a 3rd round pick.

Denver will be in the playoffs and if Wilson can bring just one championship the trade will go down as one of the biggest lopsided trades in history.....in Denvers favor
                                If those picks aren’t valuable why did Seattle not say, “Just keep those we’re good…”???

Comment

Working...
                                X