X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

I'm pretty excited about the acquisition (not to be confused with the inquisition being conducted by some here) of a QB the caliber of Russell Wilson. Have thought for a while that Denver was a QB away from being very competitive having good personnel in every other spot. Now we have new ownership, leadership, coaching staff and offense. Time to play some ball.

BLAM! BLAM!
    I agree. Last year we were not far off from playoff contention. With our weakest link being QB and special teams. We had a very good defense, we had playmakers all over the offense, aside from qb. What we lacked offensively, was a consistent threat to convert those 3rd and 5s into 1st and 10s. Wilson gives us that, and more. The last few years, opposing defenses more or less ignored our passing game, just paying enough attention that it didnt hurt them too much. Instead they focused on slowing the run. Well, last year our ground game was good enough to do reasonably well, despite that. With Wilson, for the first time since '14, we have a QB very capable of making a defense pay for playing us like that. This *should* result in more opportunities for us, both running passing by fielding a team that can hurt you either way.

Now, if we could just improve our special teams coverage units.....
    Last edited by MH Stampede; Yesterday, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deandc
    replied
    Well the Cowboys HC likes the move.Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1660338676656.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	8421982

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

I'm pretty excited about the acquisition (not to be confused with the inquisition being conducted by some here) of a QB the caliber of Russell Wilson. Have thought for a while that Denver was a QB away from being very competitive having good personnel in every other spot. Now we have new ownership, leadership, coaching staff and offense. Time to play some ball.

BLAM! BLAM!
    I Agree,
    BLAM! BLAM!

Leave a comment:

• mark222b
    replied
    This will be an exciting year.
    New owners with deep pockets, an offense-minded head coach, a fired-up defense, a QB that can run effectively and pass accurately, and RBs that can catch as well as run the ball.
    I think a great deal will depend on the level of diversity in the WR route trees and the ability of the coaching staff to properly mix it up to provide a balanced attack on offense.

Whether Pete Carroll was a great coach that made Russell Willson better or whether Russell Wilson was a great QB that made Pete Carroll better, is really only relative to the Seahawks of the past and not to the Broncos of the future. What we will discover this year is how well Nathaniel Hackett adapts to the skillset of Russell Wilson and how well Russell Wilson can execute a Nathaniel Hackett game plan.

We may also learn whether Drew Lock can execute a Pete Carrol game plan, although that really won't matter to the Broncos at this point unless we are considering going after Pete Carroll when the Seahawks owners are done with him.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Just curious are people actually trying to say they do not think Wilson is a good qb.

Think I am reading this correct when I think the discussion is just how good is he?

BLAM! BLAM!

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Just curious are people actually trying to say they do not think Wilson is a good qb.

Think I am reading this correct when I think the discussion is just how good is he?

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I love how all the Raiders fans out there still think that they're going to sweep is again even though we have an actual QB this year.

We may not have an elite top 3 qb but Russ is way better than anything we've had in a while. I think he'll surprise some people, his line in Seattle was awful for a while and Pete Carroll didn't want to play to his strengths.
    He is the best we have had since Manning. I think his addition to our offense will give the Broncos the opportunity to win some division games this year. I'm not even counting us out against KC, which I have the last couple years. Hope a change from Pete to Hackett lets Wilson show everyone exactly how elite he is though and we see the Broncos as serious contenders in our division this year.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I think there's two years left on his contract? So he's at least playing two seasons and then the franchise tag or extension.
    I think he's going to get 5 years/250 million.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by donnyrides View Post
    Russell is going to have the best year of his life. He has to validate his worth. He is going to want $51M a year and if he doesn't get at least 1 playoff win this year, it will be tough to get. He holds all the cards though. What is the organization going to do. Trade all those picks and players for a 1 year rental?? He is also doing and saying all the right things to get that huge contract. I call it the "Von Miller Playbook". Remember Von saying all the "I want to be a Bronco for life" stuff. Then he got paid using media and fan pressure on the organization and then vanished and would reappear once every 4th game vs the jets or jags. I am excited for Wilson and what he can bring to a team that is a QB short of being great, but he is already doing the in front of camera stuff that spells trouble.
    I find his rah-rah stuff annoying but I think that stuff is real. Don't fall for the Seahawks fans salty posts.
    No matter what he's here for a few years.....franchise tag. They'll get a deal done, I don't think it'll get to that but he's here for far more than one year, that's a guarantee

Leave a comment:

• donnyrides
    replied
    Russell is going to have the best year of his life. He has to validate his worth. He is going to want $51M a year and if he doesn't get at least 1 playoff win this year, it will be tough to get. He holds all the cards though. What is the organization going to do. Trade all those picks and players for a 1 year rental?? He is also doing and saying all the right things to get that huge contract. I call it the "Von Miller Playbook". Remember Von saying all the "I want to be a Bronco for life" stuff. Then he got paid using media and fan pressure on the organization and then vanished and would reappear once every 4th game vs the jets or jags. I am excited for Wilson and what he can bring to a team that is a QB short of being great, but he is already doing the in front of camera stuff that spells trouble.
    I find his rah-rah stuff annoying but I think that stuff is real. Don't fall for the Seahawks fans salty posts.

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    Originally posted by Deandc View Post

The formula was not run and play great defense. It was run, plsy defense, keep it close and then unleash Wilson. The problem is starting in 2015 PC did not have the pieces to run that, and he refused to adjust.
    How much is RW paying you?

Leave a comment:

• Canmore
    replied
    Carroll is just Dan Reeves II.

Elway wanted to throw it around the yard also.

Leave a comment:

• Deandc
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

No, it didn't go over my head. Wilson wasn't happy with the way the offense has been running. He wanted a say in how it should be moving to. Pete ball is a broken system because he didn't have the moving parts to make it work. You could say "because Wilson got paid they couldn't afford said players".... or you could say Pete has been drafting poorly and has lost his touch. Either way they haven't been able to get back to the promise land and we'll find who was right.....
    The formula was not run and play great defense. It was run, plsy defense, keep it close and then unleash Wilson. The problem is starting in 2015 PC did not have the pieces to run that, and he refused to adjust.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

I'm not saying at all that I want Russ to air it out every game. Right now, Javonte Williams is my favorite player and the one I am most excited for. Denver run game is going to be among the leagues best. But, there are going to be games where we will need Russ to throw it 40+ times and those games are the why we traded for Russ in the 1st place. If we relied on Teddy or Drew in those games we already lost.
    Exactly! We got Russ Wilson for many reasons, one being his ability to pass the ball with some accuracy, and as often as we need to employ the pass game. I've written about this, but we may see him throw, throw, throw, some games...because he can, because we have good receivers, and because it's the right game plan. Just like a run game helps your pass game, so does that work in reverse. And based on the era we've gone through, on the losing side of the ledger, it's high time we put down some good offensive numbers, on the ground and in the air. Control the clock, Control the scoreboard. Keep our D off the field. Get W's.

It's all good!

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

If you mean who’s right between Carroll and Wilson, we may never know.

The Broncos aren’t bereft of talent on either side of the ball.

It wasn’t really Wilson’s place to demand a say in the offense.

Maybe the coaches could have done a better job of adjusting to the talent on the team.

That being said, I have little faith in the Broncos succeeding if they don’t run a balanced offense. If they run a balanced offense, they can do great things.
    I'm not saying at all that I want Russ to air it out every game. Right now, Javonte Williams is my favorite player and the one I am most excited for. Denver run game is going to be among the leagues best. But, there are going to be games where we will need Russ to throw it 40+ times and those games are the why we traded for Russ in the 1st place. If we relied on Teddy or Drew in those games we already lost.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X