Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post
    Just out, Denver will play Jacksonville in London sometime in October

30th October at Wembley Stadium at 1.30pm local time, or 7.30am MST. Daylight Savings Time ends in the UK on that day, but doesn't in the US until early November.

So, the kick off time in Denver will be 6 hours behind London rather than 7.

Tickets available from June.

I have never seen the Broncos play live so this is amazing (even though it will be against the Jags).

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
      Definitely a tough schedule. I see 6 easy wins and a lot of shootouts. This will be a good test for Wilson.
      I took a quick look, and I figured we should win at least 6 to 9 games? And if we're any good, maybe we'll get 10 or 11 wins?????

Comment

Originally posted by pozbaird View Post
        Understandable you aren’t happy. Hopefully you can understand that as a Broncos fan who is only an hour’s flight away from London, I am extremely happy. Have you not considered that this makes Denver’s job easier in this game? I’ve been to six Jaguars games at Wembley, they have no home field advantage. Some of the games have felt like road games for the Jags, such has the support been for their opponent.

Roll on October 30th.
        Enjoy the game.

My issue is not with the fans. It is with the concept and logistics of sending teams Internationally to play exhibition games with very real competitive consequences in the standings

I realize this opinion is very much a “ get off my lawn” point of view on a low level issue. Most will ignore it or simply chuckle at the old guy that won’t accept the realities of the future of the league.

On a very base level I am just tired of losing seasons. Despite the Broncos improvements it is going to be a dogfight to make the playoffs. Multiple AFC teams have improved too. Broncos have a lot better of work to become a competitive “team”.
        I just see this game in London as an unneeded distraction with more downside then upside.

Just one opinion from one very myopic point of view. I will enjoy the game as I hope you will live in the stadium.

Go Broncos!

Comment

I've booked to go to Denver from 13th to 24th October, so needless to say my nerves were gone when the rumours we were playing in London ramped up, as I thought it would be typical to clash with those dates. As it stands there's the potential I'll see 3 consecutive games! Go Broncos
          Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Enjoy the game.

My issue is not with the fans. It is with the concept and logistics of sending teams Internationally to play exhibition games with very real competitive consequences in the standings

I realize this opinion is very much a “ get off my lawn” point of view on a low level issue. Most will ignore it or simply chuckle at the old guy that won’t accept the realities of the future of the league.

On a very base level I am just tired of losing seasons. Despite the Broncos improvements it is going to be a dogfight to make the playoffs. Multiple AFC teams have improved too. Broncos have a lot better of work to become a competitive “team”.
            I just see this game in London as an unneeded distraction with more downside then upside.

Just one opinion from one very myopic point of view. I will enjoy the game as I hope you will live in the stadium.

Go Broncos!

Cheers! I will definitely enjoy the game. I thoroughly enjoy my annual trip to London to watch real, live, meaningful NFL, and last season, absolutely loved my first visit to the magnificent new Tottenham Hotspur stadium.

As someone who has travelled to the USA twice a year since 1997 for my holidays (bar that pesky virus thing years), I fully understand the anti-International Series viewpoint. I get it. Especially if I were a season ticket holder at a team who gave up a home game from only eight guaranteed home games. However, the NFL added an extra regular season game to the schedule…. now the London and Mexico games have been joined by a game in Germany. I still understand the ‘against it’ view. If, for example, the English Premier League took Liverpool v Manchester City, or Arsenal v Newcastle United to New York, I’d understand the negative view from affected English ‘soccer’ fans. Without getting into a huge debate about it though, there’s big differences between American football and our football. Our football is played to a very high professional standard worldwide, with huge interest in the English, Spanish, Italian and German leagues to name but four. American football is only played to any standard at all in one country. There is no USA team playing anyone in the World Cup of Gridiron. I read a report a year or so back about American parents turning their kids away from American football towards other sports, like soccer, because of safety concerns, and cost concerns. Kids just need a soccer ball and some grass, and they can pretty much play a ‘soccer’ game. Aside from the International games themselves, there’s growing University teams playing American football over here, there’s a ‘pathway to the NFL’ programme, there’s now a visible influx of European players making it all the way to the NFL. A kid who spent his youth in Scotland was just drafted by the Ravens. Give it twenty years - who knows, we might be able to field a European gridiron team (who could give the Canadians a game, ha!) Seriously though, the long game will be very interesting for the NFL International Series. There will never be a team in London though. I certainly don’t want one.

The one thing I would argue with you on is describing the International Series games as ‘exhibitions’. They are anything but. They are regular season games, a ‘W’ counts just as much as a ‘W’ in a game played on US soil. Here’s hoping for a big fat Denver ‘W’ on October 30.
            Last edited by pozbaird; 05-04-2022, 10:09 AM.
            Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Comment

Good man! We’ll be there supporting the Broncos, just as we were back in 2010 - until this season, our only previous London game. How long ago does that feel? Kyle Orton at QB and Tebow being brought on to bundle over and score his first ever NFL TD. Lost to the Niners though. Boo.
              Good man!

I have mixed feeling on it. I do like the Broncos getting a chance to impress in Europe... I'm surprised it's been that long.

I dislike the team having to travel that far... hope we have a bye right after, then no complaints! Decent time for a bye, too.

Comment

I'm visiting Washington for a concert (Rufus du sol at the Gorge Ampitheatre) on October 1. My one and only wish is for Denver vs. Seattle the day after.
                Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

I took a quick look, and I figured we should win at least 6 to 9 games? And if we're any good, maybe we'll get 10 or 11 wins?????

We won 7 games with Teddy and Drew. We SHOULD win at least 9 games as the floor, anything less is still a losing season and at this point is unacceptable.
                  Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

So our game against the jags is exclusive to ESPN+. Bad enough that tnf is on Amazon but I can stomach that since I already have prime but now they want us to get ESPN too?! I already pay for Sunday ticket that should be enough. Hopefully you can do a free trial during that week
                    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post

We won 7 games with Teddy and Drew. We SHOULD win at least 9 games as the floor, anything less is still a losing season and at this point is unacceptable.
                      True, I just was thinking there was some tough teams on the schedule.
                      I think anything less than 10 wins is failure.

Comment

Good man! We’ll be there supporting the Broncos, just as we were back in 2010 - until this season, our only previous London game. How long ago does that feel? Kyle Orton at QB and Tebow being brought on to bundle over and score his first ever NFL TD. Lost to the Niners though. Boo.
                        My first of only 2 Broncos games that, feels like forever ago, but I remember the Tebow TD like it was yesterday, if I remember correctly there was quite a questionable flag that chalked off a punt/kick return TD as well?
                        Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post

My first of only 2 Broncos games that, feels like forever ago, but I remember the Tebow TD like it was yesterday, if I remember correctly there was quite a questionable flag that chalked off a punt/kick return TD as well?
                          I still remember the flea-flicker TD being overturned in that game. I never saw the flag and was bouncing around celebrating like a madman.

Comment

Yasssssss! Denver @ Jacksonville, Wembley, October 30th here I come. An hour’s flight down to London, hotel booked Fri-Mon, get the beers in now!
                            I'm also delighted by this... After 12 years in the wilderness of South Africa I'm moving back to the UK next week... and this fixture makes for an even more exciting year.

i think the NFL needs better marketing in overseas markets, and the preseason games were a great way to do it, but after a couple of series you see the back ups and third stringers...

With all due apologies, and respect to those who attend games in the US.... I'm so jacked to see the Broncos live for the first time in nearly 31 years!

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

I'm also delighted by this... After 12 years in the wilderness of South Africa I'm moving back to the UK next week... and this fixture makes for an even more exciting year.

i think the NFL needs better marketing in overseas markets, and the preseason games were a great way to do it, but after a couple of series you see the back ups and third stringers...

With all due apologies, and respect to those who attend games in the US.... I'm so jacked to see the Broncos live for the first time in nearly 31 years!
                              This will be the third time I’ve seen the Broncos in the flesh. The first time was that Niners game at Wembley in 2010, the second one was truly unforgettable. We went over to Denver for the home game against the Evil Foxboro Empire in what turned out to be the SB50 winning season - in the snow, Osweiler’s finest hour, we win in OT as CJ Anderson runs it in and Brady sprints up the tunnel with a face like Donald Trump chewing a wasp. Magnificent.

Comment

I'm so happy for all of you that get to see the London game. I know how excited I get when they come in my area (Washington DC / Baltimore). You all are going to have a blast!
                                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X