2022 Bronco Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy some members of Bronco Country to see the Broncos

Also happy we do not have to play in Florida in Sept. Seems the schedule makers really like to do that to us.
    Let's Ride!

Comment

Anyone hazard a guess as to how many Broncos fans from the Denver area (or USA in general), are likely to make London a road trip? I remember when we were at Wembley for Philadelphia @ Jacksonville, the Eagles fans took over the place. I actually thought they were the best set of supporters I’ve seen in London. They were up for it and made a lot of noise for their team…. They also booed Jaxson De Ville, they booed the Jaguars drumline, hell, they booed the Roar of the Jaguars cheerleaders. Poor girls ran out the Wembley tunnel waving their pom-poms for a Jags home game….. ‘Booooooo!’.
      Last edited by pozbaird; 05-05-2022, 02:09 AM.
      Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Comment

11 Win Season.

Take that to the BANK

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          11 Win Season.

Take that to the BANK
          I feel good about that prediction too. Somewhere in that 10-12 wins range feels reasonable without being overly optimistic.

Now we have to see if the new coaching staff can fast track systems on both sides of the ball and develop the roster chemistry needed to actually win those 11 games. The players are there. Now they need to play the games.

Crazy thing is 11-6 could very well still be third in the AFCW. Going to be highly competitive all season and every win a potential tie breaker for a Wild Card spot.

I’m already impatient for the season to start.

Comment

The season will not likely start off with fireworks
            The NFL is releasing the schedule next week, and no matter how much hopium we as a fan base have, the early season may be a challenge as the team gels.

By [email protected] May 4, 2022, 4:00am MDT

With the draft over and our roster (mostly) set, the Broncos are hard at work preparing to be a whole new team for us to cheer for. Trading for an actual legitimate starting NFL quarterback will do that for you.

I’m honestly getting pretty excited to see the team prepare in training camp and even preseason action to see what these new-look Broncos can do.

It takes me back to 2012, though. And just as a reminder to all my brothers and sisters out there in Broncos Country: it is likely to be a bumpy road with this new QB and coaching staff.

Peyton Manning and company eventually figured it out and even got the team to 13 wins on the season, but we started out 2-3 and darn near lost our 6th game to the Chargers (when the switch finally flipped for our offense and they led us to an amazing victory).

This season is not likely to go swimmingly early on. This is a very new coaching staff on both sides of the ball and our head coach is going to have his own learning to do along the way as well.

Let’s just do our best to give the team some grace as they work out the kinks and get this new machine well-tuned and in gear. Russel Wilson can say, “Let’s ride!” all he wants, but until the whole team gels, it may be a bit bumpy coming around the first bend.

from: https://www.milehighreport.com/2022/...with-fireworks

^ I agree with Sadaraine here. There will likely be some growing pains that will translate into some bad games and losses. As usual (every year it seems), I'm concerned about the O-Line, new players, new coach there, new scheme and the protection Wilson requires to be successful since he likes to hold the ball for the big play to develop, his accurate deep pass. Hopefully it all comes together quickly, but it will probably take time to gel, and hopefully fans can be patient and temper expectations while the team makes mistakes and learns and grows from them.

I feel Wilson's presence alone will give us several more wins, I say 10 with cautious optimism.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
              The NFL is releasing the schedule next week, and no matter how much hopium we as a fan base have, the early season may be a challenge as the team gels.

With the draft over and our roster (mostly) set, the Broncos are hard at work preparing to be a whole new team for us to cheer for. Trading for an actual legitimate starting NFL quarterback will do that for you.

I’m honestly getting pretty excited to see the team prepare in training camp and even preseason action to see what these new-look Broncos can do.

It takes me back to 2012, though. And just as a reminder to all my brothers and sisters out there in Broncos Country: it is likely to be a bumpy road with this new QB and coaching staff.

Peyton Manning and company eventually figured it out and even got the team to 13 wins on the season, but we started out 2-3 and darn near lost our 6th game to the Chargers (when the switch finally flipped for our offense and they led us to an amazing victory).

This season is not likely to go swimmingly early on. This is a very new coaching staff on both sides of the ball and our head coach is going to have his own learning to do along the way as well.

Let’s just do our best to give the team some grace as they work out the kinks and get this new machine well-tuned and in gear. Russel Wilson can say, “Let’s ride!” all he wants, but until the whole team gels, it may be a bit bumpy coming around the first bend.

^ I agree with Sadaraine here. There will likely be some growing pains that will translate into some bad games and losses. As usual (every year it seems), I'm concerned about the O-Line, new players, new coach there, new scheme and the protection Wilson requires to be successful since he likes to hold the ball for the big play to develop, his accurate deep pass. Hopefully it all comes together quickly, but it will probably take time to gel, and hopefully fans can be patient and temper expectations while the team makes mistakes and learns and grows from them.

I feel Wilson's presence alone will give us several more wins, I say 10 with cautious optimism.
              The newness cuts both ways. It will take opponents a while to get a handle on Denver’s offensive tendencies and capabilities. If Denver scouts themselves well, they can complicate opponents' scouting reports. Hackett knows this and his coaches and analytics guys will be part of the process
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by pozbaird View Post
                Anyone hazard a guess as to how many Broncos fans from the Denver area (or USA in general), are likely to make London a road trip? I remember when we were at Wembley for Philadelphia @ Jacksonville, the Eagles fans took over the place. I actually thought they were the best set of supporters I’ve seen in London. They were up for it and made a lot of noise for their team…. They also booed Jaxson De Ville, they booed the Jaguars drumline, hell, they booed the Roar of the Jaguars cheerleaders. Poor girls ran out the Wembley tunnel waving their pom-poms for a Jags home game….. ‘Booooooo!’.
                I am thinking about it. Flights from Boston aren't too bad. I could afford it before but now I just moved into an apartment that is going to cost me hundreds less, cut down on fast food\coffee that was like a car payment every month and will be making more in the fall so this is a great time to do it if I want too.

My gf lives in Europe as well so it sort of works out although if she comes that'll mean I'll need to get a hotel room for 2 which I am seeing a $300 increase.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

The newness cuts both ways. It will take opponents a while to get a handle on Denver’s offensive tendencies and capabilities. If Denver scouts themselves well, they can complicate opponents' scouting reports. Hackett knows this and his coaches and analytics guys will be part of the process
                  That's a good point, thanks. We've gotta get used to what McDoof will bring to the table now too —hopin' he screws up big time. His hiring Tom McMahon as his ST coordinator gives me hope.

Comment

That's a good point, thanks. We've gotta get used to what McDoof will bring to the table now too —hopin' he screws up big time. His hiring Tom McMahon as his ST coordinator gives me hope.
                    Well, Belichick's coaching tree has yet to distinguish itself in the NFL. Seems like when any of them move out of his shadow and away from "The New England Way" they don't do well. That's true for his former assistants on both sides of the ball. This will be JM's second try as an NFL HC.

When JM was HC in Denver, he routinely screamed, cursed and yelled at his assistant coaches on the sideline berating, insulting and demeaning them. He has assembled an almost completely new staff in Vegas almost all of whom are from the East and many of them are former NE assistants. We'll see how that goes. There are guys from the West and guys who want to be in the West. Then there are guys from the East who think they have a thing or two to teach to the West.

Starting with Al Davis, Raiders coaches and players have created a style that I'm not sure is compatible with the new coaching staff. Las Vegas isn't Oakland and am not sure how much of the old mystique translates. Gruden and Bisaccia understood it, but if JM overlooks it and tries to cultivate what he came from, it might not go well.
                    Last edited by samparnell; 05-07-2022, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Well, Belichick's coaching tree has yet to distinguish itself in the NFL. Seems like when any of them move out of his shadow and away from "The New England Way" they don't do well. That's true for his former assistants on both sides of the ball. This will be JM's second try as an NFL HC.

When JM was HC in Denver, he routinely screamed, cursed and yelled at his assistant coaches on the sideline berating, insulting and demeaning them. He has assembled an almost completely new staff in Vegas almost all of whom are from the East and many of them are former NE assistants. We'll see how that goes. There are guys from the West and guys who want to be in the West. Then there are guys from the East who think they have a thing or two to teach to the West.

Starting with Al Davis, Raiders coaches and players have created a style that I'm not sure is compatible with the new coaching staff. Las Vegas isn't Oakland and am not sure how much of the old mystique translates. Gruden and Bisaccia understood it, but if JM overlooks it and tries to cultivate what he came from, it might not go well.
                      The raiders/JM combination looks like a disaster to me. I can't see Josh ever being anything except a pious wedge but never a leader. It further proves, to me, Mark Davis is a clueless buffoon. Add in the continued drama with their executive staff, I expect LV to play sub 500 ball. No amount of face paint or mohawks are going to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

The raiders/JM combination looks like a disaster to me. I can't see Josh ever being anything except a pious wedge but never a leader. It further proves, to me, Mark Davis is a clueless buffoon. Add in the continued drama with their executive staff, I expect LV to play sub 500 ball. No amount of face paint or mohawks are going to change that.
                        The major overhaul of the Front Office and the coaching staff seems to inject a lack of stability into the whole franchise which will most likely be reflected on the field. If nothing else, a lack of clear identity will be the most possible result. Lack of clear internal communication and delineation of responsibilities sets the stage for a JM power grab. That could not possibly be a good thing for the Raiders.

Rich Bisaccia did a masterful job guiding the Raiders through the aftermath of Gruden and Ruggs, and coached them into the playoffs losing at the Bengals by a TD. We'll see if JM can replicate that. Am not holding my breath.
                        Last edited by samparnell; 05-08-2022, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Just noticed some press releases that seem counter to the Raiders may be more stable narrative.

Looks like the Raider chaos and drama continues. They fired their team President for taking complaints against Mark Davis to the NFL. Apparently tied to several female employees reported hostile work place issues, they were ignored. When Raider President reported to the NFL office, he was fired.

Story and drama to continue in Raider land!

Comment

If the Broncos can open up against LA Rams and upset them at home its going to be fireworks.

Russ will be cooking from the start. I dont think people understand how much Pete Carol held Willson back.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

If the Broncos can open up against LA Rams and upset them at home its going to be fireworks.

Russ will be cooking from the start. I dont think people understand how much Pete Carol held Willson back.
                              I'd rather build up to that and give Hackett time to work out the kinks so I hope that match is late season. I want a home game against the Jets, Colts, or Texans to start things off.

Of the Rams list of home opponents, the Cards, Niners, Cowpies, Faiders, and Bills were all in the playoffs and I'm guessing it will be one of those, probably the ever popular Cowpies, always good for ratings.

Comment

I'd rather build up to that and give Hackett time to work out the kinks so I hope that match is late season. I want a home game against the Jets, Colts, or Texans to start things off.

Of the Rams list of home opponents, the Cards, Niners, Cowpies, Faiders, and Bills were all in the playoffs and I'm guessing it will be one of those, probably the ever popular Cowpies, always good for ratings.
                                Your wish came true. Broncos @ Rams on Christmas Day.
                                sigpic
                                2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X