The Wild, Wild West!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

Me too but the reality is these players all have risk regardless of how well or not well they did on other teams. I am also a bit concerned about Denver's current coaches. Specifically on the defensive side of the ball. The one thing we did have with Vic is that he has a clear and very defined vision for his defense. Vic would also regularly adapt it to better fit the players he had on the roster. Fast forward to today - does our incredibly young and ambitious coaching staff try to make our defense too cute? Or do they come into the season with a clear vision based on who we have on the roster?
    Evero has 15 years experience in the NFL. He was just part of a SB winning defense. He also has Dom Capers 36 years of experience to turn to.
    He has worked under:
    Raheem Morris
    Wade Phillips
    Eric Manginni
    Vic Fangio

He will have all the pieces to be successful. He will have to do the rest. Our coaching staff has the experience to succeed but can they all put it together is the question. Only one way to find out.
    sigpic

Comment

I think the division with the exception of the Raiders will split. I am not sold on the raiders in part I am not sold on Carr.

Comment

Originally posted by Deandc View Post
        I think the division with the exception of the Raiders will split. I am not sold on the raiders in part I am not sold on Carr.
        I'm not sold on McDaniels Year 1. I believe he will once again try to be Bellichek 2.0

I also don't believe in Mr. Staley in LA is the defensive guru he was hired to be. That team got worse defensively under him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deandc View Post
          Looks like the Raiders are trying to get Suh...
          [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

Looks like the Raiders are trying to get Suh...
            He is not the same Suh he was before and he has been a bit of a troublemaker so we will see

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              Evero has 15 years experience in the NFL. He was just part of a SB winning defense. He also has Dom Capers 36 years of experience to turn to.
              He has worked under:
              Raheem Morris
              Wade Phillips
              Eric Manginni
              Vic Fangio

He will have all the pieces to be successful. He will have to do the rest. Our coaching staff has the experience to succeed but can they all put it together is the question. Only one way to find out.
              He has never been the DC.

2007-2009 under DC Monte Kiffin he was a Defensive quality control coach
              2011 - was on the team with Vic BUT was listed as an assistant
              2012- offensive assistant
              2013- offensive assistant
              2014- defensive assistant
              2016- Defensive quality control (under Capers)
              2017- Safeties coach (Wade Phillips)
              2018- Safeties coach (Wade Phillips)
              2019- Safeties coach (Wade Phillips)
              2020- Safeties coach (Brandon Staley)
              2021- Defensive Passing Game Coordinator/Secondary (Raheem Morris)

Can he do the job I think he has certainly seen some of the best in the game do it. My point ultimately though is that despite being on the staff the LAR in 2020 they did not promote him to DC. They went outside for Morris. I hope he steps in and looks amazing and we don't take a step back....that said we cannot just assume we wont.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

He has never been the DC.

2007-2009 under DC Monte Kiffin he was a Defensive quality control coach
                2011 - was on the team with Vic BUT was listed as an assistant
                2012- offensive assistant
                2013- offensive assistant
                2014- defensive assistant
                2016- Defensive quality control (under Capers)
                2017- Safeties coach (Wade Phillips)
                2018- Safeties coach (Wade Phillips)
                2019- Safeties coach (Wade Phillips)
                2020- Safeties coach (Brandon Staley)

Can he do the job I think he has certainly seen some of the best in the game do it. My point ultimately though is that despite being on the staff the LAR in 2020 they did not promote him to DC. They went outside for Morris. I hope he steps in and looks amazing and we don't take a step back....that said we cannot just assume we wont.
                He was Vic's Defensive assistant on the 2014 49ers. Just watching a guy like Vic and Wade prepare and attack offenses has to give you an idea of what works and doesnt. That said now he has to make the call in real time. Hopefully he leans on Dom Capers until he gets his footing.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  He was Vic's Defensive assistant on the 2014 49ers. Just watching a guy like Vic and Wade prepare and attack offenses has to give you an idea of what works and doesnt. That said now he has to make the call in real time. Hopefully he leans on Dom Capers until he gets his footing.
                  I think we are both talking about the exact same things just coming at it from slightly different perspectives. I respect that. Ultimately we are both fans of the Denver Broncos so here's hoping he works out.

Comment

NFL most impactful trades

AFC West makes 4 of the top 5. Glad KC is on there for who they traded away

https://www.nfl.com/news/ten-most-im...2022-offseason
                    Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

Chiefs = basement dwellers.... 6-11?
                      Nobody delusional here.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

Chiefs = basement dwellers.... 6-11?
                        If all the "experts" are polled the two most consistent things would be there are 4 potential playoff teams in the AFC West and no one knows what team will finish last.

barring huge injury I do not think there will be a double digit loss team in the West. If the Raiders, Chargers and Broncos all come close to meeting their paper potential I do think there is a more legit chance than most think the Chiefs will be last.

I do not have faith in McDipstick so do not think the Raiders live up to their potential. It is the 2nd time this century imo the Raiders moved on from a HC they should have kept.

It saddens me actually as many good friends are Charger fans but decade after decade the Chargers seem to find ways not to live up to their potential.

So odds are Chiefs will not be last in my probability calculations
                        Let's Ride!

Comment

• https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ball-outsiders

Comment

• In today's NFL, a team must think outside the box and ahead of the curve to stay competitive. The AFC West is doing just that.

1. Russell Wilson moves in from the NFC West to the Broncos.
                            2. Tyreek Hill moves out of the AFC West from the Chiefs.
                            3. Davante Adams moves in from the NFC North to the Raiders.
                            4. Khalil Mack moves back into the AFC West from the NFC North, but to the Chargers this time.

Who will benefit the most ?

According to the wealthiest owner in the NFL ...
                            Rob Walton is guessing it's the Denver Broncos ...
                            and He is putting his money on it.
                            At least $4.65 billion dollars of it.

Comment

• I have to admit, if Carr has a good year, The Raiders should be relevant, at least offensively. There are a number of excellent receiving teams in the league, but few are better than having a stud like Adams, a TE like Waller and a slot like Renfrow. Three talented players who all bring something different.

Bring 'em on!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

Just to be clear, he was the Passing Game Coordinator for the Offense as well as the Secondary Coach for the Defense. It's something that seemed odd to me but apparently there are teams where the old Offensive Coordinator position is split between two coaches and he was one of them. It's one of the things that made me think he might do well as our Defensive Coordinator.

Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Working...
                                X