Javonte Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I don't care if Gordon was brought back. There is a reason he only got signed to a 1 year 2.5 deal. Thats chump change in todays market. This is Williams job and he's going to dominate!!!
    We're best off splitting the workload between our two backs. I agree that Javonte is going to run with this opportunity, but we see time and time again that letting one guy shoulder the workload isn't best for the individual or the team, both in the near and long term.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post

We're best off splitting the workload between our two backs. I agree that Javonte is going to run with this opportunity, but we see time and time again that letting one guy shoulder the workload isn't best for the individual or the team, both in the near and long term.
      I think the opposite, having one guy do it all can help the play action more. I think back to Terrell Davis and Mike Shanahan telling him to stay in the game. He wanted to come out because he was having a migraine but Mike said "they won't believe the play action if you're not in there"....I know we need a guy to sub out a little but having one main guy is more of a weapon imo.

Comment

It's a long season and Denver is preparing for a playoff run. Don't think it would be a good idea for Javonte to exceed 300 rushing attempts for the regular season. That leaves close to 200 rushing attempts for someone else. That's why Melvin was re-signed. Opposing defenses will bite on play action whether it's Javonte, Melvin or even Mike. Averaging seventeen rushing attempts per game would probably be about right for Javonte.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          It's a long season and Denver is preparing for a playoff run. Don't think it would be a good idea for Javonte to exceed 300 rushing attempts for the regular season. That leaves close to 200 rushing attempts for someone else. That's why Melvin was re-signed. Opposing defenses will bite on play action whether it's Javonte, Melvin or even Mike. Averaging seventeen rushing attempts per game would probably be about right for Javonte.
          I agree. And splitting plays isn't the same as splitting carries. It's possible for the two backs to split plays with Javonte getting more carries and with Gordon playing more on passing downs with a higher percentage of pass blocking and receiving for his plays. And I still wish we'd play them a little at the same time, just enough so opposing Ds have to factor it into their game plans.

Comment

Yeah as really think that Javonte in the carries and Gordon playing on the passing downs there. Really could bring a one two punch there.
            Ready for October Falls

Comment

Originally posted by JPPT1974 View Post
              Yeah as really think that Javonte in the carries and Gordon playing on the passing downs there. Really could bring a one two punch there.
              Not sure why people still on the Gordon plays passing downs train.

Javonte is the superior pass blocker. He is a good pass catcher as well.
              Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Not sure why people still on the Gordon plays passing downs train.

Javonte is the superior pass blocker. He is a good pass catcher as well.
                I'm not sure why bringing up the possibility of it happening is a "train"? My point was simply that plays doesn't necessarily equal carries. It's also possible that if Javonte is the better blocker and receiver that he gets more blocking and receiving assignments and fewer carries, although that's not what I'd suggest.

In reality, it would be more of a slight tendency than an automatic pass play, since it doesn't make sense to telegraph a play so obviously. But one reason to be more inclined to use Gordon more for pass blocking is wear and tear. And it isn't like Gordon didn't produce in the run game.

Another point is I'd like to see them in the game at the same time, using Gordon in a role similar to Steve Sewell.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

I'm not sure why bringing up the possibility of it happening is a "train"? My point was simply that plays doesn't necessarily equal carries. It's also possible that if Javonte is the better blocker and receiver that he gets more blocking and receiving assignments and fewer carries, although that's not what I'd suggest.

In reality, it would be more of a slight tendency than an automatic pass play, since it doesn't make sense to telegraph a play so obviously. But one reason to be more inclined to use Gordon more for pass blocking is wear and tear. And it isn't like Gordon didn't produce in the run game.

Another point is I'd like to see them in the game at the same time, using Gordon in a role similar to Steve Sewell.
                  I would guess that in 2022 Denver will average between sixty and sixty-five plays per game. It remains to be seen how balanced Hackett's offense will be. Some of that depends on where the weaker area of the opposing D is. Against some they will run more and others they will pass more. Am guessing that on the season they may end up 45% run and 55% pass which is balanced by NFL standards. If they average sixty-five ppg, that would be about twenty-nine rushing attempts per.

As you say, rushing attempts are not snaps. Empty will probably be seen some, but other than that a RB will be on the field for just about all the offensive snaps. Am guessing this year Javonte will have more snaps and rushing attempts than last year when, by some miracle, he and Melvin ended up with exactly the same number of rushing attempts (how does that happen?) We'll see if they alternate during the course of the game, or play one more in the 3rd qtr, so the other will be fresh to drop the hammer in the 4th. Javonte had 37 more snaps last year than Melvin.

Two back formations with both Halfbacks/Tailbacks? Haven't seen that in quite a while. If it's a run play, it's inevitable that one RB will carry the ball and the other will block (since there's only one ball) There will be two Back 21 personnel formations, but the other Back will be the Fullback or another guy lined up in that spot, I think.

Comment

I would guess that in 2022 Denver will average between sixty and sixty-five plays per game. It remains to be seen how balanced Hackett's offense will be. Some of that depends on where the weaker area of the opposing D is. Against some they will run more and others they will pass more. Am guessing that on the season they may end up 45% run and 55% pass which is balanced by NFL standards. If they average sixty-five ppg, that would be about twenty-nine rushing attempts per.

As you say, rushing attempts are not snaps. Empty will probably be seen some, but other than that a RB will be on the field for just about all the offensive snaps. Am guessing this year Javonte will have more snaps and rushing attempts than last year when, by some miracle, he and Melvin ended up with exactly the same number of rushing attempts (how does that happen?) We'll see if they alternate during the course of the game, or play one more in the 3rd qtr, so the other will be fresh to drop the hammer in the 4th. Javonte had 37 more snaps last year than Melvin.

Two back formations with both Halfbacks/Tailbacks? Haven't seen that in quite a while. If it's a run play, it's inevitable that one RB will carry the ball and the other will block (since there's only one ball) There will be two Back 21 personnel formations, but the other Back will be the Fullback or another guy lined up in that spot, I think.
                    Just for conversation, I don't mean to have two backs as our main personnel. I just think we should do it a few plays a game to put in on film for other Ds to have to prepare for. It's also a way of getting both on the field more. If Gordon were to play in place of Saubert or the FB(?) a couple of plays a game, it would put a completely different skill set on the field, which the D has to account for. Although I would like to see Russ boot out of a double cross buck fake once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Just for conversation, I don't mean to have two backs as our main personnel. I just think we should do it a few plays a game to put in on film for other Ds to have to prepare for. It's also a way of getting both on the field more. If Gordon were to play in place of Saubert or the FB(?) a couple of plays a game, it would put a completely different skill set on the field, which the D has to account for. Although I would like to see Russ boot out of a double cross buck fake once in a while.
                      Both Javonte and Melvin are good receivers and blockers, so where they lined up would be a concern for D.

Comment

We have this guy named Javonte Williams...maybe some of you have heard of him??? If you haven't that's ok.....he's really good He will be a major factor into why our offense will be one of the best this year.....along with this other guy we have named Russell Wilson, maybe some of you have heard of him???

Comment

I would love to see Gordon be are 3rd down back. He is a good runner, great at picking up the blitz and we have not maximized his receiving skills since he has been here. He could fit the role Jamal Williams had in Green Bay in 2020.

Javonte would be our Aaron Jones who can do it all, and will get 2/3's of the work.

Comment

I hope Hacket takes a page out of the Belichick/McDaniels playbook of being a pass first team in one game, a run first in another and balanced other times. We have a lot of talented players on offense that have not played up to their skill levels. Like KC we have an excellent mobile QB, and both speed and power on offense. What we have stunk at since Kubes was our HC is mid game adjustments, Hacket has a roster that should be able to attack weak points in any opposing defense.

Javonte Williams looks like he has a skillset like Clinton Portis that can really utilize the space that Russell Wilson should create.

It has been a long time since I have been this exited about an upcoming season.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

I hope Hacket takes a page out of the Belichick/McDaniels playbook of being a pass first team in one game, a run first in another and balanced other times. We have a lot of talented players on offense that have not played up to their skill levels. Like KC we have an excellent mobile QB, and both speed and power on offense. What we have stunk at since Kubes was our HC is mid game adjustments, Hacket has a roster that should be able to attack weak points in any opposing defense.

Javonte Williams looks like he has a skillset like Clinton Portis that can really utilize the space that Russell Wilson should create.

Yes. As I understand it, the basis of Belichick's game plan concept is to identify the opposing defense's greatest weakness and attack it, while identifying the opposing offense's greatest strength and taking that away.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Ryan Harris made a comment I found really interesting lately. He said the way Kubiak and PM helped each other grow is something a book should be written about. He said when PM first came to Denver he was insistent about doing things PM way. While PMs way came with great success specially compared to how bad we were before Elway we did not add to this until PM and Kubiak merged ways and Wade lead one of the best defenses I have seen. I remember seeing a NFL films clip on Kubes reaction when PM audibled to a run play. It was not the first time PM had done this in his career but based on Kubes reaction there was something significant about that time enough for Kubes to say something to someone on the sideline about it.

It sounds to me there is already a great merger of minds between the coaching and Wilson. I hope that leads to games where our good stable of RBs get more touches than Wilson gets attempts. IMO that is how we add to this
                                Last edited by Hadez; 05-27-2022, 06:42 AM.
                                Let's Ride!

Comment

Working...
                                X