X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
    Looks like we should of drafted a RB last draft instead of signing Melvin back. This injury is a bad one for RB even if he recovers it is going to change the way runs, I feel for the kid.
    I did want the Broncos to draft one, but I'm not going to lie and claim I wasn't happy they got Melvin back either. I think drafting one was my priority though. I am glad they didn't draft James Cook where he went. I think he would've been a disaster behind this offensive line, and early returns would've sucked. I'm actually pretty sure about that, and I said as much before the draft. Only reason I mention him is because I remember the Broncos being interested. I think Jerome Ford would've been a swell pick where he went. What's done is done though. This team has a lot of football to play, and a lot of work to do.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    This news absolutely sucks. About the worst outcome possible. Long recovery and no guarantee he’ll be the same runner once he is recovered.

As if I needed more reason to hate the Raiders…

Leave a comment:

• Chronoless
    replied
    Looks like we should of drafted a RB last draft instead of signing Melvin back. This injury is a bad one for RB even if he recovers it is going to change the way runs, I feel for the kid.

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    That's it for us, he's the only one on offense that shows up every week and can get yards. Melvin Gordon is a waste of a roster spot and Boone can't catch a cold. What a great season this is gonna be

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by Bates View Post
    Sorry but with him gone our season is over. It was over before but now it’s really over. I say let’s get some younger players and rookies more playing time now to develop them.
    Well, it's a good thing you're not in charge LOL

Leave a comment:

• Bates
    replied
    Sorry but with him gone our season is over. It was over before but now it’s really over. I say let’s get some younger players and rookies more playing time now to develop them.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    We can't have nice things.

Leave a comment:

• Safety
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	E0A94B87-2C4D-4082-87EB-293256BD4C2C.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	8429812 Breaking. He’s gone for the year with a torn ACL.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    They'll probably promote Ozigbo, but I'm partial to Ronnie Rivers. I think he's on the Rams practice squad. He's probably not what they're looking for, because Ozigbo would replace some of what they'd miss with Javonte. Rivers is small, and he doesn't have the elite speed that a lot of smaller backs in the NFL have. He's a baller though, and he does a little bit of everything. He could be used as an Austin Ekeler compliment to Gordon, but there again, they'd probably turn to Boone for that role before signing someone off of another team's practice squad. If a RB more in the mold of Javonte is what they want though, Bam Knight is on the Jets practice squad. He has the utility as a receiver that Javonte had as well. Rivers and Knight should have at least some familiarity with the scheme.

I've seen some people throw Lindsay out there, and I honestly wouldn't be against that. I don't think our front office is very high on him. I think they want a back with more utility sharing carries with Gordon.

Just throwing some guys I like out there. Dreaming. lol.

Either way, if Javonte is out for an extended duration, we need to get comfortable with the idea that Gordon is going to get a lot of work. If Gordon can cut his fumbling down, I don't see him cutting it out entirely, he's still an NFL RB1. Hope for the best and hope it's nothing serious for Javonte.

Leave a comment:

• Safety
    replied
    Not good. Broncos officials are fearing the worst on Javonte Williams.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2022/...njury-not-good

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

You’re a fraud.

lol is that all you got lol 😂

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Pray he makes a speedy recovery and it's not too serious!!!
    Praying with you, brother!

KLIS Tweet: MRI tomorrow will reveal extent of Javonte Williams’ knee injury but per source fear is it is serious and he will be sidelined for extended period.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Pray he makes a speedy recovery and it's not too serious!!!

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Coughlin is toxic after the Jacksonville debacle.
    Didn't mean as a coach or assisstant....just to teach a 10 minute class on how to carry the ball.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by sra84 View Post
    Maybe we should bring in Tom Coughlin to help Gordon and Williams. He helped Tiki Barber go from a fumbling machine to a guy who had great ball security and a top RB the last few years of his career.
    Coughlin is toxic after the Jacksonville debacle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X