Javonte Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Ryan Harris made a comment I found really interesting lately. He said the way Kubiak and PM helped each other grow is something a book should be written about. He said when PM first came to Denver he was insistent about doing things PM way. While PMs way came with great success specially compared to how bad we were before Elway we did not add to this until PM and Kubiak merged ways and Wade lead one of the best defenses I have seen. I remember seeing a NFL films clip on Kubes reaction when PM audibled to a run play. It was not the first time PM had done this in his career but based on Kubes reaction there was something significant about that time enough for Kubes to say something to someone on the sideline about it.

It sounds to me there is already a great merger of minds between the coaching and Wilson. I hope that leads to games where our good stable of RBs get more touches than Wilson gets attempts. IMO that is how we add to this
    One of the local radio shows recently said that Peyton thought Russ will have an easier time with the offense of a new team than he did because Hackett is a first time coach and doesn't have an established offense. Peyton went on to say that the Broncos aren't changing things to accommodate just one guy, but the entire team is learning a new offense and vocabulary so it doesn't seem like any guy is special.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

One of the local radio shows recently said that Peyton thought Russ will have an easier time with the offense of a new team than he did because Hackett is a first time coach and doesn't have an established offense. Peyton went on to say that the Broncos aren't changing things to accommodate just one guy, but the entire team is learning a new offense and vocabulary so it doesn't seem like any guy is special.
      I get the feeling Wilson and Hackett&Co are building something new.

The difference was PM had already established success for years and knew what he was going to do. Think one of the reasons Wilson wanted to come here is because he was tired of how things were being done.

While this in general excites me I do actually hope we borrow a little bit from what Wilson did and run the ball a lot. I think which ever team in the AFC West can run the ball the best will win. That team will keep the explosive opposing offense off the field. That team will minimize the damage the opposing teams explosive pass rush has.

In that way Wilson's prior experience may help out in building a new offense where PM had to learn to use the running game like how Kubiak wanted.

I actually think in some ways Denver does not have the best compared to other teams in the AFC West. Reid is probably the best HC. Mahomes is the best QB. What Denver easily could have the best imo is the best rushing attack in the AFC West.
      Last edited by Hadez; 06-18-2022, 09:24 AM.
      Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I get the feeling Wilson and Hackett&Co are building something new.

The difference was PM had already established success for years and knew what he was going to do. Think one of the reasons Wilson wanted to come here is because he was tired of how things were being done.

While this in general excites me I do actually hope we borrow a little bit from what Wilson did and run the ball a lot. I think which ever team in the AFC West can run the ball the best will win. That team will keep the explosive opposing offense off the field. That team will minimize the damage the opposing teams explosive pass rush has.

In that way Wilson's prior experience may help out in building a new offense where PM had to learn to use the running game like how Kubiak wanted.

I actually think in some ways Denver does not have the best compared to other teams in the AFC West. Reid is probably the best HC. Mahomes is the best QB. What Denver easily could have the best imo is the best rushing attack in the AFC West.
        Am hoping for a balanced offense with plenty of PAP.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Denver Broncos' run scheme could mean big things for RBs, fantasy players - Denver Broncos Blog- ESPN

This article has me "Geeked up" !!!!!! Oh the glory years....

Comment

I hope Williams breaks 50 catches....I don't think 2000 all purpose yards is out of the question

Comment

I hope the plan with Williams is to let him do his thing but limit his touches so that come playoff time (maybe Dec/Jan if playoffs in question) he goes full work horse for us.

This guy can run
              This guy can break tackles
              This guy can catch the ball
              This guy can pass protect

Once the games mean the most there is no reason to take him off the field except to keep him healthy imo
              Let's Ride!

Comment

I see Bucky Brooks has Williams and Gordon as the 2nd best RB tandem in the league, behind Chubb and Hunt. I'm down with that.

Comment

Think re-signing Melvin was a good move. Hard to say what Hackett's O will actually look like. Based on what he has said, sounds like it will be balanced with Outside/Wide Zone being the base rushing attack with plenty of PAP. During OTAs players were relating that Hackett wants the O to look the same to the D as much as possible. With a lot of Outside/Wide Zone, that would probably have Russell booting out opposite on that look. Am really looking forward to seeing this new O!
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Just a prediction, but Good Morning Football's Peter Schrager stated that not only does he expect Williams to have the breakout season of the year, but to win the rushing title.

Just a prediction, sure, but very possible. Bottom line, we have some real "horses" to deal with!

Comment

Let the March to an MVP begin tonight Mr. Williams !!!

Comment

Simply a BEAST!!! And yet they continue to give the ball to butterfingers Gordon on the goal line so he can fumble over, and over, and over.....I thought this would end with a new coach, but think again. Please STOP giving the ball to Gordon and let JW keep running defenders over......

Comment

I said on the first fumble "why did they give it to Gordon they should have gave it to Williams"!!!!! And then when I saw Williams in there the second time on the goal line, I'm like "oh man we're scoring on this one" and then he fumbled.

To drive the ball down the field to get to the one yard line and fumble twice is completely demoralizing, and that's basically what lost the game for us even though we were playing sloppy we could have had the win. I remember years ago back in Elway's day some of the games weren't always pretty but we wound up coming out with the win at the end with some fourth quarter heroics from Elway, we never really questioned too much, we were happy to get the win.

It's always bad when you lose, and you can Monday Morning quarterback the whole thing. And when you win it makes everything better.
                          A clean win or a sloppy win, is a win.

ON TO THE HOUSTON GAME!!!!

I wonder what will happen if we don't win against Houston, I think some of the people will have conniptions on here.

Comment

Williams’ fumble was worse than Gordon’s. I don’t know why people are complaining about Gordon’s fumble.

Gordon was running on a fourth down that should have been a field goal attempt. He had no choice but to try to make a play.

Williams cost the team a chance to kick a field goal. Given how that play began to unfold, he should have had both hands on the ball.
                            Last edited by broncolee; 09-14-2022, 06:12 AM.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                              Williams’ fumble was worse than Gordon’s. I don’t know why people are complaining about Gordon’s fumble.

Gordon was running on a fourth down that should have been a field goal attempt. He had no choice but to try an make a play.

Williams cost the team a chance to kick a field goal. Given how that play began to unfold, he should had both hands on the ball.
                              Both fumbles were bad, but I just think that Williams is a little bigger than Gordon, and I thought that he could power it through on the goal line?
                              And it's not like Melvin Gordon isn't known for fumbling. So, I just always get a little nervous when they give the ball to Gordon because of his fumbling issues.
                              I like Gordon, I like how he can break the big play, I'm happy that he's on the team. I just don't trust him.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Gordon was running on a fourth down that should have been a field goal attempt. He had no choice but to try to make a play.

Williams cost the team a chance to kick a field goal. Given how that play began to unfold, he should have had both hands on the ball.
                                To me, it looked like Gordon pinned the ball to his helmet after initially losing it and crossed the plain before it came loose again. But I don’t mind giving it to Gordon there, he has a good nose for the end zone, I just don’t like giving it to him from shotgun.

Also the RB usage seemed backwards. Williams had 7 carries to Gordon’s 12 and Williams has 11 receptions to Gordon’s 2. Gordon has been a very solid receiving back for awhile and while Williams shows promise in that area, I’d much rather have him running the ball than catching it out of the backfield where he’s trying to make something happen with little to no forward momentum. This was a big issue I had with the Packers RB usage last season. Jones is far and away the better RB than Dillon but they really limited him to try and get Dillon the ball more and IMO it really hurt the team. Williams isn’t as better than Gordon as Jones is to Dillon but I don’t think Gordon should be siphoning that many carries from Williams. If you want Gordon to get 10-15 carries then plan on running the ball 30-35 times.

Comment

Working...
                                X