Javonte Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

To me, it looked like Gordon pinned the ball to his helmet after initially losing it and crossed the plain before it came loose again. But I don’t mind giving it to Gordon there, he has a good nose for the end zone, I just don’t like giving it to him from shotgun.

Also the RB usage seemed backwards. Williams had 7 carries to Gordon’s 12 and Williams has 11 receptions to Gordon’s 2. Gordon has been a very solid receiving back for awhile and while Williams shows promise in that area, I’d much rather have him running the ball than catching it out of the backfield where he’s trying to make something happen with little to no forward momentum. This was a big issue I had with the Packers RB usage last season. Jones is far and away the better RB than Dillon but they really limited him to try and get Dillon the ball more and IMO it really hurt the team. Williams isn’t as better than Gordon as Jones is to Dillon but I don’t think Gordon should be siphoning that many carries from Williams. If you want Gordon to get 10-15 carries then plan on running the ball 30-35 times.
    I think Gordon tried to pin the ball to his helmet but wasn’t able to hold it long enough to establish control.

19 carries between Williams and Gordon isn’t enough regardless of how they are split. I don’t trust Wilson without an adequate commitment to the run game. There’s a reason the SeaChicks were willing to trade him.
    Last edited by broncolee; 09-14-2022, 08:24 PM.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

It's bad enough they ran out of the shotgun on the goal line with both Gordon and Williams, instead of out of a goal line power formation, but to then also run to the right side with Glasgow and Flemming.

Why are they running to the side that has back ups at both RG and RT? It was ridiculous on so many levels. At least run to your strong side of the OL with Bolles and Risner, or just run straight ahead.

Nothing Hackett did made any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
        It's bad enough they ran out of the shotgun on the goal line with both Gordon and Williams, instead of out of a goal line power formation, but to then also run to the right side with Glasgow and Flemming.
        I found lining up in the shotgun in those situations a weird one, too.

They had plenty of success running the ball using 22 personnel with Beck (who had a great game) as the FB.

Comment

The 2 Fumbles are Miles Apart. I do suspect that Melvin Gordon Taught J.Will How To Fumble On The Goal Line lol because You cannot make that stuff up lol 2 RBs same play same results lol comical indeed. On the 1st Fumble you can clearly see Melvin once again trying to hard fighting for that last negative inch that he is not going to make and then have the ball knocked out hmmmm JUST LIKE LAST YEAR. Why Why Why on this Earth did Denver even think about Resigning Mr. Melvin Fumblesalotatthegoaline Gordon????? We all SAW this 1 coming just not in Week 1 more like Week 8. The 2nd Fumble you can see was clearly just a Bad Hand Off all Thanks to the HC/OC Play Calling and not getting the correct play set up before 5 Seconds were left on the play clock. J. Williams still gets a pass from me Melvin Gordon FumblesALOT not .

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Why are they running to the side that has back ups at both RG and RT? It was ridiculous on so many levels. At least run to your strong side of the OL with Bolles and Risner, or just run straight ahead.

Nothing Hackett did made any sense.
            Man, I hadn't even thought about the run direction. Now, if they still had Meinerz healthy and wanted to put Muti in for Fleming (yes, I know Muti wasn't dressed, I'm just making a point), maybe they would have had a chance of moving Seattle's huge inside DL 12 inches. But, as constituted, I have more faith in Bolles/Risner. Both of those guys, at least, got some ugly attitudes about them.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
              The 2 Fumbles are Miles Apart. I do suspect that Melvin Gordon Taught J.Will How To Fumble On The Goal Line lol because You cannot make that stuff up lol 2 RBs same play same results lol comical indeed. On the 1st Fumble you can clearly see Melvin once again trying to hard fighting for that last negative inch that he is not going to make and then have the ball knocked out hmmmm JUST LIKE LAST YEAR. Why Why Why on this Earth did Denver even think about Resigning Mr. Melvin Fumblesalotatthegoaline Gordon????? We all SAW this 1 coming just not in Week 1 more like Week 8. The 2nd Fumble you can see was clearly just a Bad Hand Off all Thanks to the HC/OC Play Calling and not getting the correct play set up before 5 Seconds were left on the play clock. J. Williams still gets a pass from me Melvin Gordon FumblesALOT not .
              AGAIN, it was a fourth down play that should have been a field goal attempt. He had no choice but to try to make a play.

Williams fumbled on third down. He cost the team a field goal attempt by fumbling.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

When running into the end zone, don't forget to take Mr. Ball with you. He is not loyal and will go over to the other side, if left unattended.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

AGAIN, it was a fourth down play that should have been a field goal attempt. He had no choice but to try to make a play.

Williams fumbled on third down. He cost the team a field goal attempt by fumbling.

I was not referring to what down so again read my post so you Understand. Melvin Gordon yet trying to hard yet again and J.Will a Bad Hand Off Get It. !!

Comment

I was not referring to what down so again read my post so you Understand. Melvin Gordon yet trying to hard yet again and J.Will a Bad Hand Off Get It. !!
                    Don’t make excuses for Williams. He had enough time to take the handoff with both arms around the ball. That’s what he should have done. He cost the team a chance at a field goal.

Gordon wasn’t trying too hard. He was doing the only thing he could do on a play that should have been a field goal attempt. He had no choice but to try to make a play.
                    Last edited by broncolee; 09-16-2022, 09:15 PM.
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

The down is important though. If Gordon doesn’t fight for the extra yard the Seahawks still get the ball at the 1 yard line. Now if you want to argue that Williams wouldn’t have fumbled in Gordon’s situation then that’s a different story, but remember Williams did fumble on the goal line last season as well and only had 1 less than Gordon last season. So far this season they’re even.

At the end of the day, regardless of who’s in at RB, the oline needs to at least be able to hold their own and at least force a stalemate if they can’t drive them back. And Hackett needs to let his RBs get forward momentum going before the handoff.

Comment

The down is important though. If Gordon doesn’t fight for the extra yard the Seahawks still get the ball at the 1 yard line. Now if you want to argue that Williams wouldn’t have fumbled in Gordon’s situation then that’s a different story, but remember Williams did fumble on the goal line last season as well and only had 1 less than Gordon last season. So far this season they’re even.

At the end of the day, regardless of who’s in at RB, the oline needs to at least be able to hold their own and at least force a stalemate if they can’t drive them back. And Hackett needs to let his RBs get forward momentum going before the handoff.
                        So, when a zone stepping O-Line finds themselves in short yardage/GL situations, are they coached to switch to drive blocks in order to convert? Getting a GL front to move laterally doesn't seem like the best way to grind out tough yards. When there are more than six defenders in the box, is zone blocking as effective as angle?

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

So, when a zone stepping O-Line finds themselves in short yardage/GL situations, are they coached to switch to drive blocks in order to convert? Getting a GL front to move laterally doesn't seem like the best way to grind out tough yards. When there are more than six defenders in the box, is zone blocking as effective as angle?
                          When the entire oline functions as one, I think it can be very effective. Unfortunately that’s very rare and from shotgun depth it’s even harder for the RB to make the oline correct.

On the Javonte Williams run, everyone initially steps left and I think it was inside zonez. Cush and Risner got pretty good blocks, Fleming got up to the 2nd level but didn’t have a big impact on the play. Glasgow was blown up immediately forcing Williams to cut opposite of where the rest of the line was stepping. Tomlinson at TE got beat to the inside by Nwosu who forced the fumbles. Bolles was pass blocking for some reason, not sure if that was by design or not, but if it was it’s terrible because if the play was supposed to go off Risner who did a great job then his guy could’ve filled easily.

The Melvin Gordon run was a case of Risner getting blown up and it forcing Gordon to cut. Cush and Glasgow had a good double team. Fleming initially had a good enough block but once Gordon cut towards him he got bench pressed real quick. The backside blocking is quite hilarious to me. Bolles does a good job, Tomlinson runs into Bolles back and keeps pushing, while Albert O ran to the player the furthest from the play.

I think when coached properly and called creatively the wide zone scheme is as good of a running scheme you could possibly have. But in tighter quarters it does make it harder to generate that lateral movement especially against stronger defenders. That’s why I was surprised they didn’t get under center and run either the stretch or the toss. The backside action is critical to the success of any wide zone scheme as it’s built to really test a defense’s commitment to gap discipline and on the goal line a lot of defenders just want to make the play. IMO it’s the only scheme where the oline can be right 100% of the time and the RB will have a big and at the same time the oline can be wrong 100% of the time and the RB can still have a big day as long as the QB is committed to selling the bootleg. Nothing confuses a defense end more than not being blocked. With how successful the screens were, I would imagine they would’ve bit down hard on a good playaction giving Wilson a manning esque TD run back against the Cowboys. And to be honest I don’t think the true potential of the wide zone scheme has been reached yet. When I watch it in action, I think overall it’s very basic. I think McVay, Shannahan , and some other coaches have started to expand on it but I there’s still a lot of room for growth.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Don’t make excuses for Williams. He had enough time to take the handoff with both arms around the ball. That’s what he should have done. He cost the team a chance at a field goal.

Gordon wasn’t trying too hard. He was doing the only he could do on a play that should have been a field goal attempt. He had no choice but to try to make a play.

You are missing the point completely. Who fumbled first? Did you pay attention to both fumbles? Obviously you did not. Go back and watch both replays. Once again one is coming from someone who always does it and one just comes from a Bad Handoff and a Rush of the Play. Sorry that You are in love with Melvin Gordon some of us fans are just sick and tired of HIS Fumbling On The Goal Line. Hint This Is Not The First From Gordon lol 😂 . Go watch the TAPE !!

Comment

You are missing the point completely. Who fumbled first? Did you pay attention to both fumbles? Obviously you did not. Go back and watch both replays. Once again one is coming from someone who always does it and one just comes from a Bad Handoff and a Rush of the Play. Sorry that You are in love with Melvin Gordon some of us fans are just sick and tired of HIS Fumbling On The Goal Line. Hint This Is Not The First From Gordon lol 😂 . Go watch the TAPE !!
                              You hate Gordon so much you fail to see the truth of that one play.
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

When the entire oline functions as one, I think it can be very effective. Unfortunately that’s very rare and from shotgun depth it’s even harder for the RB to make the oline correct.

On the Javonte Williams run, everyone initially steps left and I think it was inside zonez. Cush and Risner got pretty good blocks, Fleming got up to the 2nd level but didn’t have a big impact on the play. Glasgow was blown up immediately forcing Williams to cut opposite of where the rest of the line was stepping. Tomlinson at TE got beat to the inside by Nwosu who forced the fumbles. Bolles was pass blocking for some reason, not sure if that was by design or not, but if it was it’s terrible because if the play was supposed to go off Risner who did a great job then his guy could’ve filled easily.

The Melvin Gordon run was a case of Risner getting blown up and it forcing Gordon to cut. Cush and Glasgow had a good double team. Fleming initially had a good enough block but once Gordon cut towards him he got bench pressed real quick. The backside blocking is quite hilarious to me. Bolles does a good job, Tomlinson runs into Bolles back and keeps pushing, while Albert O ran to the player the furthest from the play.

I think when coached properly and called creatively the wide zone scheme is as good of a running scheme you could possibly have. But in tighter quarters it does make it harder to generate that lateral movement especially against stronger defenders. That’s why I was surprised they didn’t get under center and run either the stretch or the toss. The backside action is critical to the success of any wide zone scheme as it’s built to really test a defense’s commitment to gap discipline and on the goal line a lot of defenders just want to make the play. IMO it’s the only scheme where the oline can be right 100% of the time and the RB will have a big and at the same time the oline can be wrong 100% of the time and the RB can still have a big day as long as the QB is committed to selling the bootleg. Nothing confuses a defense end more than not being blocked. With how successful the screens were, I would imagine they would’ve bit down hard on a good playaction giving Wilson a manning esque TD run back against the Cowboys. And to be honest I don’t think the true potential of the wide zone scheme has been reached yet. When I watch it in action, I think overall it’s very basic. I think McVay, Shannahan , and some other coaches have started to expand on it but I there’s still a lot of room for growth.
                                With Meinerz out for a while, do you think they'll bring Muti from the PS and suit him up on game day? Wonder if his knee is OK now? Think PS guys can be activated three times and still go back to the PS.

Comment

Working...
                                X