Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPPT1974
    replied
    Yeah as really think that Javonte in the carries and Gordon playing on the passing downs there. Really could bring a one two punch there.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    It's a long season and Denver is preparing for a playoff run. Don't think it would be a good idea for Javonte to exceed 300 rushing attempts for the regular season. That leaves close to 200 rushing attempts for someone else. That's why Melvin was re-signed. Opposing defenses will bite on play action whether it's Javonte, Melvin or even Mike. Averaging seventeen rushing attempts per game would probably be about right for Javonte.
    I agree. And splitting plays isn't the same as splitting carries. It's possible for the two backs to split plays with Javonte getting more carries and with Gordon playing more on passing downs with a higher percentage of pass blocking and receiving for his plays. And I still wish we'd play them a little at the same time, just enough so opposing Ds have to factor it into their game plans.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    It's a long season and Denver is preparing for a playoff run. Don't think it would be a good idea for Javonte to exceed 300 rushing attempts for the regular season. That leaves close to 200 rushing attempts for someone else. That's why Melvin was re-signed. Opposing defenses will bite on play action whether it's Javonte, Melvin or even Mike. Averaging seventeen rushing attempts per game would probably be about right for Javonte.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post

We're best off splitting the workload between our two backs. I agree that Javonte is going to run with this opportunity, but we see time and time again that letting one guy shoulder the workload isn't best for the individual or the team, both in the near and long term.
    I think the opposite, having one guy do it all can help the play action more. I think back to Terrell Davis and Mike Shanahan telling him to stay in the game. He wanted to come out because he was having a migraine but Mike said "they won't believe the play action if you're not in there"....I know we need a guy to sub out a little but having one main guy is more of a weapon imo.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I don't care if Gordon was brought back. There is a reason he only got signed to a 1 year 2.5 deal. Thats chump change in todays market. This is Williams job and he's going to dominate!!!
    We're best off splitting the workload between our two backs. I agree that Javonte is going to run with this opportunity, but we see time and time again that letting one guy shoulder the workload isn't best for the individual or the team, both in the near and long term.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    I don't care if Gordon was brought back. There is a reason he only got signed to a 1 year 2.5 deal. Thats chump change in todays market. This is Williams job and he's going to dominate!!!

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Yes, I knew he had snaps previously at Center.......but this is the first I've heard of us moving him to Center. If he can beat out Cush, I'm all for it.
    It's a new offense with new O-Line coaches who want to make sure the best five guys start. Denver drafted a C, too.

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Graham had sixteen starts (1074 snaps) at Center for the Lions in 2018. He's Denver's second highest paid O-Lineman.
    Yes, I knew he had snaps previously at Center.......but this is the first I've heard of us moving him to Center. If he can beat out Cush, I'm all for it.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Projecting What RB Javonte Williams' Role Will be in Broncos' Offense (msn.com)

Nice article. I cannot wait to watch this man perform. { side note - at the bottom of the article, it mentions moving Grahm Glassgow to Center - that's the first I've heard of this }
    Graham had sixteen starts (1074 snaps) at Center for the Lions in 2018. He's Denver's second highest paid O-Lineman.

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied
    Projecting What RB Javonte Williams' Role Will be in Broncos' Offense (msn.com)

Nice article. I cannot wait to watch this man perform. { side note - at the bottom of the article, it mentions moving Grahm Glassgow to Center - that's the first I've heard of this }

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied

Good presser. He has such a great attitude for a RB

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    No one will ever beat out TD for my favorite Bronco running back.......however, this young man has the makings of being some stiff competition for that top spot. Gonna be fun watching his career unfold !!
    Same. TD was special. I do wonder if me liking both TD and Javonte has something to do with them both playing defense in their early football career. They both have unique mindsets

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    # 33 is Gona Kill It This Year !! Can’t Wait !!

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied
    I'm expecting our Man Javonte to challenge for the rushing title this season. He can be better than JT and he can be a cow bell for a couple of seasons

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied
    No one will ever beat out TD for my favorite Bronco running back.......however, this young man has the makings of being some stiff competition for that top spot. Gonna be fun watching his career unfold !!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X