2022 broncos depth chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post

Agreed....and who know's...Maybe Billy Turner's second stint here might qualify him for a 3-year deal after this season. I'm rooting for him as he will be playing with more experience and under a good QB again...under the same system. But agreed on Bolles and Meinerz being slotted in for future. Being a guy who loves O-Line play Sam, how excited do you get with his push on pull blocks(Meinerz)?
    Quinn Meinerz and Netane Muti are classic, big-time, pulling, hitting, angle-blocking Guards. They excel on Trap, Off Tackle, Counter, Wham, Sweep, G Power, Wham G and any play that involves down, double, double down, double down chip and any kind of pull blocks. They have the ability to punish and dominate a defensive front through sheer hitting power.

Only thing is their new HC said he wants to install a rushing attack based on an outside/wide Zone, Boot/PAP look. No question in my mind that M&M can play that way but, if that's all they did, their talents would be wasted IMO.

Am inclined to doubt that Hackett's rushing attack will be 100% zone steps. There will probably be some angle blocked plays available from each formation. Some things to watch for could be how often Russell is under and how much 12, 21 and 22 personnel formations are used.

Zone stepped run plays tend to challenge the conditioning of a defensive front which might be a good tactic to employ at home. Angle blocked run plays challenge the physical toughness of a D by down blocks, pulls and doubles to outnumber them at POA and hitting all defenders as hard as possible. That could be effective on the road to physically seize control of the game through physical ball control with plenty of PAP. Traps are particularly effective at beating up on a defense.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Nate Hackett recently stated that he would definitely use a Fullback in his offense. He said he liked Andrew Beck and that he would be given the opportunity to fill that role. It raises the issue of how often Denver will use 21 personnel formations. If they are to be utilized a fair amount, one might expect additional Fullbacks to be added for TC, and that at least one might end up on the PS in addition to one on the roster. Fortunately Fullbacks don't need to be drafted and aren't a strain on the cap. Paton & Co. seem good at identifying good players at all positions, so we'll see.

Comment

Jonas Griffith is making some noise so far and the reason Browning was able to make the switch. I hope he is our diamond in the rough ILB.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          Jonas Griffith is making some noise so far and the reason Browning was able to make the switch. I hope he is our diamond in the rough ILB.
          Jonas Griffith caught my attention in week 9 when, as a member of the Punt Team, he recovered the blocked punt at Dallas. The result of that play demoralized the Cowboys and was one of the keys to victory.

Comment

Man I can not wait for some preseason ball to actually start seeing these guys in some kind of game action
            Let's Ride!

Comment

We are strong everywhere. Let's get the season started!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Marsh View Post
                We are strong everywhere. Let's get the season started!
                The process for the O-Line coaches to identify the starting five and numbers six, seven, eight, etc. has begun as much as it can without contact. When the pads and hats go on and the hitting begins, it will be an intense competition. About the only spot that seems set is Garrett Bolles at LT. All the interior spots are up in the air with at least six contenders for three spots. There are three guys competing to start at RT. It will be close and the depth should end up being good.

Comment

Working...
                X