Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russ....You Got This Guy Named Tim Patrick (I Think He Knows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russ....You Got This Guy Named Tim Patrick (I Think He Knows)

I was reading comments about Jeudy. Most here believe in the guy, and I do too, though I expect more this year. And of course we have Sutton, who after his second season was considered one of the best upcoming WRs in the game. Let me be clear....both these WRs could be great this year! Injuries played a part in their games, and so did a less than stellar pass game. In fact, when you look at our group of wide receivers, we look pretty solid. Can't wait to see Hamler stretch the field!

But if I'm Russ Wilson, who is finding his way around our O, one guy I would really be interested in is Tim Patrick. I don't have a stat on last year, but in '20 he had zero drops. Amazing!!

But there's more....

In the last 2 years, with a less than impressive pass game, Patrick caught 104 passes for 1,476 yards, averaging 14.0 per catch, including 12 TDs. Those are not All Pro stats, but on this team they were good. And that "dropped passes" thing is a big time bonus.

So Russ should have a nice pick of guys to throw to, and each has something positive to offer. But the names of Sutton and Jeudy come up much more than the reliable one. And when I say reliable, don't think of some TE who you throw to when looking for 5-10 yards. Patrick's TDs, and average yards per catch reflect someone who is moving the ball forward with some urgency. And yes, the hands. Who would Russ like to go to on an important 3rd down, or even a 4th? I got a suggestion.

Patrick was a huge in-season extension! He's the Rod Smith of this generation, undrafted, quiet, unassuming, productive - what he lacks in pedigree he makes up with work ethic and determination. Love this guy!!

Comment

The 0 drops thing is amazing - I drop things 2-3x per day
      Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Originally posted by Pruke View Post
        The 0 drops thing is amazing - I drop things 2-3x per day
        Is that you, Juedy?

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

In the last 2 years, with a less than impressive pass game, Patrick caught 104 passes for 1,476 yards, averaging 14.0 per catch, including 12 TDs. Those are not All Pro stats, but on this team they were good. And that "dropped passes" thing is a big time bonus.
          We really only had about a half of an NFL QB playing for us for the last couple of years so you have to double his numbers to compare him to a non-Bronco WR. That puts his season total at 104 receptions for 1,476 yards, averaging 14.0 per catch, including 12 TDs. Not a bad year at all. Glad he was signed and glad he was extended.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

He’s good depth. Solid receiver. Don’t think he’ll ever be a star, but he’ll definitely benefit from having an all-pro like Wilson.
            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
              He’s good depth. Solid receiver. Don’t think he’ll ever be a star, but he’ll definitely benefit from having an all-pro like Wilson.
              You may be right but I see him as the most reliable receiver we have.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

You may be right but I see him as the most reliable receiver we have.
                The Rod Smith of WR’s very underrated does his job extremely well and isn’t a big talker just goes about the business at hand.
                sigpic

Comment

It's a mistake to think he isn't special. Tim Patrick is the most reliable receiving option on a team full of "stars".
                  All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

We have a lot of guys on this team who we are excited about their talent, their ceiling, their upside, their potential.

The issue was our offense and our QB were keeping us from seeing how much of that potential could be realized.

This year we will find out how much of that potential was just in our hopes and dreams.

I'm super excited though.

Comment

Can't wait to see how he shines with Wilson at QB! I think he's a fantastic option on our WR trio. I'm probably one of the few that find him much more reliable than Jeudy, Sutton, I love! I'm pretty much just as impressed with Patrick though!
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                      Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Patrick reminds me of what used to be called a possession WR. Not the flashy deep threat but a reliable guy who will move the chains and give the offense another set of downs.

People get so caught up in the deep plays of the game I do not think it gets enough attention that the deep play is not there most of the time. An offense needs to keep picking up first downs until they see a defensive look they can exploit or until there is a defensive breakdown.

Deep plays called just to try a deep play more often than not fail and only foolish OCs (yea Sherman looking at you) rely on random deep plays to work. The good OCs+Qbs look for certain looks they want to take advantage of to increase the chances of the deep play working.

Back to the point...need to keep getting first downs until the defense allows for a higher percentage deep play opportunity.
                        Let's Ride!

Comment

Here's an article from NFL's Nick Shook, who is writing about who might be a first time Pro Bowler from each team:

Did I think about going with Jerry Jeudy here? Yes, I did. However, the Broncos are loaded with offensive talent, and no Denver pass-catcher has been more dependable in the last couple of years than Patrick. The team rewarded him with a three-year, $34.5 million extension late in the 2021 season, but the reason I feel confident in this pick is because of how Patrick has performed despite Denver's revolving door at quarterback. Patrick ran routes for the likes of Drew Lock, Teddy Bridgewater, Brett Rypien and Jeff Driskel, yet he's remained consistent no matter the passer. That door has stopped spinning with the arrival of Russell Wilson, and I expect an even better result from Patrick -- potentially good enough to get him Pro Bowl recognition.

I stick by my views on Patrick, with Wilson at the helm. If I'm looking for a consistent target who does not drop the ball, and knows how to score, I'm definitely going to keep on eye on this receiver. Bread and butter. Not an elite receiver, but a gem on a team with talent.

Comment

Tim Patrick is a stud football player who is always looking to make plays, like in the Chargers game where he recovered Drew Lock's fumble and picked up a first down in the process. He had earned his way onto the roster by playing 216 STs snaps in 2018. Last year he had just 42 fewer yards than Courtland Sutton and the most receiving TDs (5) Paton knew what he was doing when he extended both Tim and Courtland. He is a big, physical target with great hands and route running.
                            Last edited by samparnell; 06-30-2022, 10:19 AM. Reason: typo
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Best WR on the team by far. Modern day Rod Smith. Just hope they don’t give Jeudy a premature extension.

Comment

Working...
                              X