Broncos Sign Kareem Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Sign Kareem Jackson

Denver Broncos news: Kareem Jackson returning on 1-year contract (usatoday.com)

A one year deal, but it keeps us pretty solid in the Dbackfield, other than drafting a CB or even two.

Good stuff!!

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

A one year deal, but it keeps us pretty solid in the Dbackfield, other than drafting a CB or even two.

Good stuff!!
    Seriously!?!?!?!? Wow this just made my day!!!!

Comment

Yes!!! Was hoping to hear this.

Comment

Another piece of the puzzle fits into place.

Love it!

Comment

I have a soft spot for Kareem (he's got a undefinable "it" factor), and I think this helps with Sterns development.
          Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Good stuff!!
            I mean he is a safety so we will most likely have to draft a cb....or two

Im hoping for marcus jones or tariq woolen
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I recall Simmons talking about how important Jackson is to the team. How special Jackson was.

With still the draft yet to come, any good news now is a bonus!

Comment

Yes. Good deal.

Comment

Good signing. Cheap deal and we bring back a solid vet who's well respected. It also doesn't force Sterns or someone else into a role they may not be ready for, especially with a new DC and scheme.

Comment

I like the signing, it looks like a 1 year deal for UP TO 5M. Does anybody know the details of that?

He was a slightly less cap hit last season. I was hoping it would be a little less considering his age and wear, also I imagine - and hope - they limit his snaps. Should make the DB backfield strong, still need a CB in the draft ... maybe 2? But even at CB the Broncos are OK, I think the starters are at least above average and Michael O still has potential along with Bassey and they signed K'Waun Williams... BUT, that is all they currently have on the roster; 5 CB's!
                    I guess Kareem can play CB in a pinch? Better draft at least one more.
                    sigpic

Comment

Kareem was getting beat more than usual last year, but I still feel like his versatility and willingness to be a thumper in the run game make him a good safety. I think him and Justin are the best duo in the NFL.
                      -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

I like the idea of Sterns getting more reps this year while Jackson gets less reps and is a vet leader.
                        Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          I like the idea of Sterns getting more reps this year while Jackson gets less reps and is a vet leader.

Me too I really liked Sterns
                          -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post

Me too I really liked Sterns

-Bronco in UT

Helll of a post
                            Took the last part out of your sig. I like it. It can apply to a lot of Qbs. Also have seen Qbs do the opposite. Stop taking chances and always take the check down. Qb is so hard to play even for the few who have the ability..
                            Let's Ride!

Comment

Working...
                            X